by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 07:34:29 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21CC-C Imola: July 05, 2021
July 05, 2021, 08:38:31 PM +0100 - Imola (2007+) - UKGTL Season 21 GTL Cup Challenge - Stage C
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Chevrolet Corvette (#858) GTC-65 3 +1.464
83.732mph
1 49:23.499
81.709mph
22 2:12.152
83.287mph
Dunlop  
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Chevrolet Corvette (#858) GTC-65 1 2:09.986
84.675mph
2 +1.012
81.681mph
22 2:09.708
84.857mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Corvette (#854) GTC-65 2 +0.050
84.643mph
3 +15.711
81.278mph
22 2:10.823
84.133mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Chevrolet Corvette (#888) GTC-65 5 +6.289
80.767mph
4 +2:05.551
78.388mph
22 2:15.914
80.982mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Chevrolet Corvette (#801) GTC-65 4 +2.173
83.283mph
5 +2:05.996
78.377mph
22 2:13.213
82.624mph
Dunlop  
Robby82
 Turbo Racing
Chevrolet Corvette (#854) GTC-65 6 +9.684
78.804mph
6 +20L 2 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 GTL Cup Challenge - Stage C - Imola - Jul 5  (Read 1232 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2021, 07:26:49 PM +0100 »

ok, i will reset it

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2021, 07:29:23 PM +0100 »

As it was complaining about the name. I have called it UKGTLM3
and it has no errors

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2021, 07:30:07 PM +0100 »

I have the same problem Matt.  Joined earlier without problems, except for a seemingly slow response.  Now when I try to join, I'm prompted for password, but after typing it, I go back to the join screen, and after a few secs, the join button becomes active again.  I never reach the car selection screen or track load.
Robby82

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2021, 07:31:27 PM +0100 »

Which server are you trying to get onto Robbie?

There is the m2 up but there is no ping associated.

M3 is working now. Got on the server.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2021, 07:33:22 PM +0100 »

Me too, although GTL crashed on the first attempt, the moment I was in.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2021, 08:00:04 PM +0100 »

Matt, do you want to turn off M2 and just have M3 running?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2021, 08:02:06 PM +0100 »

M2 is not running on my server. The lobby may have a memory of it

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2021, 08:19:15 PM +0100 »

M2 is not running on my server. The lobby may have a memory of it

Ok

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2021, 09:37:02 PM +0100 »

Thanks Matt, were all done now.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2021, 09:56:57 PM +0100 »

Server Replay:

https://phspok182510top.s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Racevirt/Imola050721.Vcr

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2021, 10:01:46 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

(and the server's back  Roll Eyes )

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2021, 09:26:55 AM +0100 »

I am still struggling with the input delay from my new T300 wheel in GTL, which is why I have been quitting early from recent races. I find trying to predict when the car might slide and that I will need some adjustment to the steering an impossible ask. If I wait until the car slides and then try and correct I am too late and too heavy, if I anticipate and apply opp lock too soon things get ugly very quickly!!. Before this problem I would never have thought 2-3tenths of a second could make so much difference!!

The problem only manifests in GTL. As you know I also race in GPL and the steering is perfect in that sim with zero delay between T300 movement and the on screen car turning it's front wheels. I am still experimenting with Rotation degrees/FF/damper settings etc but that is simply a question of "feel".

So, I have been trawling through various GTL on line forums looking for questions and answers to this dilemma and it would appear that I am not alone. Some simracers have experienced a delay between the steering input and the actual graphics catching up, it appears that the physics are working OK and the monitor display is simply a few tenths behind. I would have thought that was equally a problem!?, but that is most definitely NOT my problem.

Others have described exactly what I experience and have posted videos showing their wheel and the "in car" view on their monitor. The wheel on the rig turns and maybe 2-3 tenths later the on screen steering wheel moves and the car turns. From what I have deduced, when my on screen steering wheel ( eventually) moves the front wheels of the car instantly turn with it. It is ONLY the delay between my rig and the game that is a problem.

I have to assume that as GPL works 100% correctly, the issue is somewhere within the GTL config. I have just found a forum with a complete player.plr file with just about every wheel parameter maximised for GTL. So this p.m. I hope to save my existing .plr and replace it with this optimised version.

If this does not work then I am running out of ideas, so if anyone has any solutions please throw them in.

Sorry to hear about your problems Clive.  If the player file you mention doesn't solve it, you're welcome to try mine - I am on a Thrustmaster wheel too as mentioned before, and I have never experienced that strange problem.

The race was an enjoyable one; power sliding and drifting out of corners was huge fun.   Keeping ahead of superstarter Dan at the start was a small victory in itself  laugh   Kept reasonably in contact with the two aliens for the first third, while behind, Dan was dropping back.  As tyre wear kicked in however, the two leaders were slipping away, and by mid point, they were gone.  That is, until I found them recovering after an entanglement, at the double left hander. Went past Geoffers before he was fully up to speed again.  Next lap, I got a bad exit from the small yellow/blue chicane, giving Geoff the opportunity to get alongside.  Tried very hard to provide him with enough room as we neared the downhill braking before that double left, but he still ran wide onto the grass and couldn't stop.   I went off too, but not as bad and could recover much faster. 

Had a 25-sec gap to Geoffers and not many laps left, so 2nd seemed fairly secure.  Hristo 7-8 secs ahead and no chance of catching him.  Then the pit board suddenly showed me in P1. Scratching my head, as I hadn't noticed passing Hristo anywhere, and wondered if I had lost my connection.  Turned out he went to serve a S/G.  Gap about 13 secs with 3 laps to go.  Car very tricky to drive now, and I almost lost it at the final tyre walled chicane, having to bail over the grass.  Shocked to see the gap now 8 secs, with 2 laps to go Shocked   Not looking good for a win.  Tried desperatedly to go fast on my shot rear tyres without losing control, seeing Hristo getting larger in the mirror.  In the end it just held, but very relieved to see the finish line for an unexpected win.

Grats/commiserations to Hristo and Geoffers.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2021, 11:18:29 AM +0100 »

This was less of a torture than Hockenheim, but still tricky with the rear tyre wear. Geoff was extremely quick in practice and qualifying, and at first I couldn't understand how to make up more than a second deficit to his lap times. Tried a few things with the setup during Q and got lucky to snatch pole from him.

In the race he was quicker in the early laps, until I found my rhythm and could push more, but at the same time I didn't want to ruin my tyres early, so I had laps where I eased off a little. This allowed Geoff to catch up again and attempt some attacks, but unfortunately he lost it downhill for Rivazza and we made contact. After that he seemed to be dropping back more and more, so I was left on my own.

Much to my surprise I got a s/g for cutting, which means I must have missed the 2nd warning somehow.

As Erling mentioned, he was some 13 seconds ahead after my stop, with 3 laps to go, so I knew I had to take massive risks to put pressure on him. It seemed that I would be able to catch him just at the end, but then I messed up the Variante Alta chicane and lost about a second, so second was what I had to settle for.

Grats to Erling for the victory (makes up for Nivelles!), Geoff for 3rd, and to Tony and Dan for making it to the end as well. Shame that so few turned out for this though

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2021, 12:39:35 PM +0100 »

Quite enjoyed that race despite the stupid mistakes, as Hristo said the Corvette was much more suited to Imola than Hockenheim last week.

Was fairly pleased with my best qually lap, but it should have been better as I ran too deep into Rivazza & lost a few tenths. Race started well & I had no trouble keeping up with Hristo in the early laps, but Hristo upped the pace & it coincided with me making a couple of small mistakes so the gap went from nothing to 4s in a couple of laps.
Eventually did catch back up & when Hristo made a small error at Variante Alta I got alongside down to Rivazza, however I was on the outside through the slight RHer & got a wheel on the grass & spun the car. Sorry to Hristo, I think I either clipped you or you went off avoiding me, but you rejoined faster than I did so it worked out OK. Erling went past as I was getting going & the next lap the situation repeated itself with Erling making an error at the chicane & me getting alongside down to Rivazza. After what happened the previous lap I braked a bit earlier this time but it actually made things worse as the car would not turn & I went off across the grass this time & into the barriers.
By the time I rejoined Hristo & Erling were long gone & I came in a distant 3rd.

Congrats to Erling & Hristo & well done to Tony & Dan making it to the finish.  clap clap clap
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2021, 12:55:28 PM +0100 »

Forgot to mention that I streamed my driving again, if anyone wants to check it out:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1077603355

My fastest lap and also the last 3 laps are worth watching  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com