by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 01, 2024, 07:55:58 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 22 years of game modding...  (Read 327 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2021, 10:33:54 AM +0000 »

As the 17th of March marked 22nd Anniversary of my and Jevgen's original NFS modding site, I decided to bring it back online. Smiley

http://rp-design.lintu.dyndns.org/

Our little team released first mods in 24th of March, 1999. So, I digged up my back up CD discs and found even the original site and added that to my small server as well:
http://rp-design.lintu.dyndns.org/way-back-machine/

The development of IT has been tremendous. I remember not having Internet in my student flat, so I copied stuff to 3.5" floppies and went to the school to upload stuff to *nix server where I had login access. In May same year, I was able to move to another student flat with 10MBit/s in building LAN and 5 / 5 MBit/s gateway to internet. Back then it was huge speed as even ADSL connections were just developing.

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Butch

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 12:53:14 PM +0100 »

happy birthday brother. Cheesy
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 09:49:07 AM +0100 »

happy birthday brother. Cheesy

You are still around, what a nice surprise! Smiley
I just talked with Remko (If you remember him from your NFS4 days...) in Facebook about how there's still guys modding NFS4. That's unbelievable how long that game has lived on. That made me think about at last making the Green Valley Peaks track as finished. I should still have the working folder somewhere in state where it stopped 15 years ago. Cheesy

Hopefully you still have something for some game in wip state? Smiley Even if the progress would be really slow.

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Butch

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 10:01:09 AM +0100 »

There is still a p1800, a 250swb and two upgrades (tr4, 365 gtb4) for NFS HS somewhere in my HD but, life, years, windows 10, covid 19 everything frozed and is still frozing these cars under the frozen GTL cars.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com