by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 08:09:53 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 NoGrip Legacy Historic TC Championship  (Read 3561 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 09:42:58 PM +0100 »

NoGrip legacy HTC Server stats includes now data from Alastaro Twin Event:
http://gtlserver.lintu.dyndns.org/

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 09:47:57 PM +0100 »

Lasse, is Paddler's stats correct?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2021, 06:12:36 AM +0100 »

Most likely that's error. I need to check if it's in the part that imports the results or in the part which calcs the race counts.
I'll do it in the evening.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 06:52:06 AM +0100 »

Most likely that's error. I need to check if it's in the part that imports the results or in the part which calcs the race counts.
I'll do it in the evening.

I took a look it from Database and fixed it there. Now it should be ok. Smiley

My results import code needs update as I did not know that logfiles can have same [Slot] entry many times. In this case, [Slot012] is in server race log 3 times and only first one has valid data. two others are "ghost" entries with minimum values.

Thanks for noticing it,
I will fix that this evening.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 11:59:39 AM +0100 »

NoGrip legacy HTC Server stats includes now data from Alastaro Twin Event:
http://gtlserver.lintu.dyndns.org/

Thx for statistics, now I have to understand where find those gap of 3 sec. from Dimitar in the same car apart the over 30 years more of age  Huh Grin

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 03:23:28 PM +0100 »

Dimitar Dulichki has suggested that twin race qualifying session should be shorter.
Who Agrees and who disagrees and why? how long twin race qualifyings should last?

Races are planned to start 20:00 GMT as it is the earliest that GMT time zone people can join and the latest for EET (GMT+2) time zone people can still join, so unfortunately that can't be altered more than few minutes max.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 03:42:03 PM +0100 »

I'm in favour of the longer quali time, should there be any reduction it should be no less than 15 minutes for a track of this length. It was actually quite difficult to get a clean lap in during quali 1, came across others on their laps many times. A shorter session of 10 minutes may not have been enough to actually get the representative time in. I have found shorter quali sessions can really end up as a free for all as well.

Difficult balance to strike, as some of it is in relation to laptime in my view.....I can rarely get online much before 8 our time, so start time is good for me.
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 03:50:46 PM +0100 »

I think shorter qualy time will make the events shorter and more interesting. Because the real task in qualifying for me is not to have a lot of time to do the best possible lap but to have limited time to be able to adapt and show you can go fast in just 10 minutes. That way we can have more qualifying winners in my opinion which will make the races more unpredictable. The reason i propose a change here is because the sessions are a little bit boring for me as i have the ability to make the best possible lap for me quickly.

PS: And this will be refreshing as well as when we have double event we will have just 2x10 mins qualies but for the standard events 1x20.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:55:04 PM +0100 by Dimitar Dulichki » Logged

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2021, 03:58:07 PM +0100 »

For "Twin Events" on short tracks like this I would prefer shorter quali sessions of about 10 minutes each too.
In fact I'm normally in for private praccy a bit earlier.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2021, 05:58:46 PM +0100 »

No problem for me in any way we'll do.  Smiley

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2021, 07:35:28 PM +0100 »

For "Twin Events" on short tracks like this I would prefer shorter quali sessions of about 10 minutes each too.
In fact I'm normally in for private praccy a bit earlier.
This gets my vote too

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

nocatu

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2021, 09:57:57 PM +0100 »

As I said in the chat during practice, I rarely have a chance to practice nowadays so I use quali sessions as practice sessions. As an example to stress what I mean, I had done 6 laps in the Simca and 1 lap in the 650 Giannini and that happened 15 minutes before the start of the qualifying session. I always try to practice a lot before a race as I never want to cause trouble by not knowing the track well enough.

Apart from that, Windows 10 can be quite annoying when it comes to GTL and it frequently erases all my wheel settings for no apparent reason. I had to remap everything 3 times last week when we had the hillclimb event. Incidents like these make me feel that 20 minutes is the bare minimum that is required as it would be unfair for one of the participants to have a lousy result due to technical glitches. As Daz also said, traffic can be hectic sometimes, especially in longer tracks, so it is difficult to set a laptime one is happy with.

That being said, I would be fine with shorter sessions, I don't mind not being as competitive as I can as long as I don't impede anyone due to lack of practice. I feel that 15 minutes of qualifying would be a good choice or a choice that would make everyone happy.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 10:00:32 PM +0100 by nocatu » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2021, 02:14:22 PM +0100 »

Big thanks to Dave who has now fixed the Plus Points problems we were experiencing with the Championship tables.

Although the Plus Points show as a "-" they are in fact added to your scores.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2021, 02:32:41 PM +0100 »

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?action=LM2R&group=1231&theme=5

This are the championship tables if someone wants to take a look.

Maybe we can add them to the race and general topics?

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2021, 02:54:19 PM +0100 »

Maybe we can add them to the race and general topics?
There is a link shown in every race announcement.

Or you can find them under the column called "Series", click on LN1.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com