by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 09:24:59 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: 2021 NoGrip Legacy Historic TC Championship  (Read 3548 times)
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2021, 04:02:18 PM +0100 »

Oops, sorry.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2021, 06:28:04 PM +0100 »

As I have been (too) busy with work stuff, I read all the comments about the qualifying lengths and designed new system which will be tested in use in Pukehoke Normal Race, so read the race invitation carefully. (Original plan was have 30 minutes qualifying for normal races.)

Thanks everyone sharing their thoughts about the qualifying system. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 03:22:16 PM +0100 by Nappe1 » Logged

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2021, 06:31:56 PM +0100 »

NoGrip Legacy HTC Championship 2021
Pukehoke normal race event
3rd of May, 2021

From Finland we’ll move almost exactly other side of the globe: New Zealand.
Note the changes to Qualifying format and qualifying and race start times.

Race invitation, scoring and discussion thread here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25271.0 Smiley

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2021, 02:36:53 PM +0100 »

Server stats has now new version and valid data. Not only the best lap times has all the lap times since January 2021, but also it automatically scans laps ran in Practice mode and adds them to the database as well. Smiley So, after making that awesome flying lap on server, just disconnect from the server and log is transferred to database to everyone see in server stats. Smiley

So you can see already some of the times ran on Pukekohe. Smiley

Also, Event results archive has been introduced. It is still beta version and official results are seen here, but it allows to SpecialKS and Tony download race log files and  replay files easily after each event.
http://gtlserver.lintu.dyndns.org/

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2021, 06:49:26 PM +0100 »

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 06:51:57 PM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2021, 07:59:58 PM +0100 »

Melbourne twin race event
17th of May, 2021

Return to the roots, after 10 years.

Race invitation, scoring and discussion thread here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25412.0 Smiley

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2021, 08:31:01 PM +0100 »

Adelaide normal race event
24th of May, 2021

Note the changes to Qualifying format and qualifying and race start times.

Race invitation, scoring and discussion thread here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25492.0 Smiley

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2021, 03:53:53 PM +0100 »

Track for the endurance in next week is here: Smiley

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sNM0_gMsqip7VaWt4CwAdVfqdDIzoX1R/view?usp=sharing

As the Cadwell is actually really low poly track, I decided to remake all shadows for it and the Cadwell 2hours variation which we are using features now fully dynamic high resolution texture shadows. Smiley
So, turn the shadows full and give it a spin how it runs. Smiley Practice at 15:00 should give you nice shadows and as they are dynamic, they will change during the session... in 16:00 you get a lot longer shadows.

Nowadays hardware has so much fillrate that Dynamic texture shadows are actually less heavy than the static solid shadows. The latter ones are much much more cpu intensive, but they were used when GTL was new as the GFX cards were so fillrate limited. Nowadays GTL is alread CPU limited in most cases, so all the work GFX card can do is better for the rest of the game.

Things that will help you get all out of the game with this track:
- turn v-sync off from GTL3DSetup
- use tools to set the GTL affinity to all CPU cores, like this one: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=21582.0

You can always turn the shadows low or off if you find it too stressful.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2021, 04:43:48 PM +0100 »

By the way i have a proposal for next season. As we have a lot of races, is it a good idea to exclude the 2 or 3 worst results from every driver? That way even a driver that can't drive every single race will still have a chance for the championships.

And another suggestion - can we form a Team championship as well?

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2021, 06:15:58 PM +0100 »

By the way i have a proposal for next season. As we have a lot of races, is it a good idea to exclude the 2 or 3 worst results from every driver? That way even a driver that can't drive every single race will still have a chance for the championships.

It is possible to exclude a number of results in normal championship's but I would have to check if it would still work with this series as it is very complex to setup. Also some are not in favour with this system so prepare to meet some opposition.

Doubt that many care about a Team Championship table but I could be wrong.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2021, 07:15:18 PM +0100 »

I used to have that kind of system, but as the number of races raised with all the class having certain amount of races, there was no racer that could attain to all the races so that sort of did it automatically. Also having three types of races makes it rather difficult. Technically speaking, twin races have two separate races from points of view. So, missing one Twin race would automatically score you two zero points, while friend of yours misses one normal race and scores only one zero points... And the Endurances, if you miss one of those, it really does not make a much of difference if friend of yours loses some 6th placing normal race 3 points while he scored 10 points for 4th place in endurance which you missed...

So making that work, needs the points system to be more or less redone. I have thought that everyone sees the race calendar in same moment and it is more or less pure luck in which races racer can join. Of course you can plan your other stuff so that you don't miss twin races or endurances, but then again, that's same for everyone.

Team championship has existed in previous years, but as the top drivers tended to team up, it was more or less awarding same guys once more. of course now when not everyone can join to every race, situation might be other especially if count of team members is not limited. For example Hans Laine Memorial Racing gets usually at least 2, many times 3 drivers and sometimes even 4 drivers... So it might be interesting. However that would be Overall championship only as there's even now quite bit of trouble counting the points. (I can't thank Tony enough doing it for us.  thumbup1 )

Nothing is impossible for 2022, so these are noted. However it will take about half a year before I even start thinking next season. Smiley

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2021, 07:20:44 PM +0100 »

Cadwell Park Endurance
7th of June, 2021

Season first Endurance. Points are upgraded for raised effort.

Race invitation, scoring and discussion thread here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25702 Smiley

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2021, 07:47:06 PM +0100 »

It should be noted that the extra points will be awarded through the plus points system as we cannot alter the scoring system for one race.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2021, 09:00:35 PM +0100 »

Trier Bergrennen Hillclimb
14th of June, 2021

Hillclimb course in Germany.
3 runs with Division 2 cars.

Race invitation, scoring and discussion thread here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25791#event13702

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2021, 05:42:32 PM +0100 »

Zolder twin race event
9th of August, 2021

Classic return to the series from the summer break. Smiley

Race invitation, scoring and discussion thread here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=26331.0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com