The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 01:58:19 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Brno test race: March 31, 2021
March 31, 2021, 07:03:52 AM +0100 - Brno (1965-74) - UKAC Season 17
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket

Matra MS7 {unknown} 1 4:28.581
---
1 31:52.795
---
7 4:29.879
---
Dunlop  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Matra MS7 {unknown} 4 +14.833
---
2 +49.729
---
7 4:34.811
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Matra MS7 {unknown} 3 +11.629
---
3 +1L
---
6 4:37.399
---
Dunlop  
L4de

Matra MS7 {unknown} 4 +3L
---
4 4:47.419
---
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Matra MS7 {unknown} 5 +27:42:11.418
---
5 +5L
---
2 4:38.463
---
Dunlop  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Matra MS7 {unknown} 2 +10.899
---
DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
KDiesel

Matra MS7 {unknown} ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
4:28.581
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Matra MS7March 31, 2021, 07:03:52 AM +0100
A17
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
4:29.879
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Matra MS7March 31, 2021, 07:03:52 AM +0100
A17
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Brno test race - Matra MS7  (Read 1648 times)
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2021, 07:15:11 PM +0100 »

I'm using official link cable, connected to usb-c on my motherboard. And these are my CM settings:

It actually looks ok on the monitor, it's just in the headset where it doesn't look good. I don't know if perhaps I had too high expectations of how it will look.
Though just standing in the pits, everything looks so sharp. And then you get going, and distance gets blurry. Maybe it's just a limitation of the headset with fast moving objects.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 05:53:54 PM +0100 »

Has no one else spotted noticed?

The event isn't listed in the forthcoming events but is show at the top of the thread as being on the 1st of April which is Thursday? The first post doesn't specify a date? Should it be the 31st March?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2021, 07:04:34 AM +0100 »

Seems fine here  whistling
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 06:36:46 PM +0100 »

Track looks ok'ish without CM, just bit frustrated here, this needs 70 practise laps for 7 laps race....  hang
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 06:55:34 PM +0100 »

A quick reminder for people - the clocks have changed in the UK so please check what that has converted to for you Locally (races are an hour earlier if your own clocks haven't changed last weekend)
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2021, 07:05:26 PM +0100 »

A quick reminder for people - the clocks have changed in the UK so please check what that has converted to for you Locally (races are an hour earlier if your own clocks haven't changed last weekend)

Sorry guys, I'll have to miss this one. Have fun!
Jos

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2021, 07:39:43 PM +0100 »

I don't think we can use this track, you drop infity or wreck your car almost everywhere if you go wide. Stayin' on track all day long is not realistic for me.
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 08:39:41 PM +0100 »

I crashed about 30 seconds into the race, and when I went into pits, I got locked controls for 240 seconds. Sorry, but I wasn't staying around for that long.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2021, 01:31:22 PM +0100 »

I don't think we can use this track, you drop infity or wreck your car almost everywhere if you go wide. Stayin' on track all day long is not realistic for me.

You've just described at least 40% of all tracks/races in GPL Cheesy

AC spoils us, we get in old cars like this and have become used to driving everywhere at or above 100% and then crashing and getting away with it - GPL still has the best damage model I've ever witnessed in a Sim, even on a lighter realism setting you would loose upto half the race starters on a track like this to the scenery alone.
In interleague events it wasn't uncommon for drivers to DNF simply because they got unlucky and the game decided to drop a cylinder on their car 20 mins from the end in a 2 hour GP (it's happened to me at least once).
On this particular track I once managed to come 3rd despite only having 3 wheels left, simply because I was still able to circulate and finish - we've even had top-level races where no-one actually managed to finish and the winner was determined by who had got furthest....

I'm not going to avoid a track just because it's dangerous when racing 60's stuff, half the point of doing it in a simulator is because we aren't allowed to do it for real any more!

As it's a GPL series you can expect at least one 'proper' GPL circuit - if not this one then it'll be something equally hard Wink
The plus side is that I want to use UKGPL's scoring rules - which means you'll get 2 drop scores (The game will automatically ditch your 2 worst results) as per the 1967 F1 championship.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2021, 01:55:10 PM +0100 »

I'm very pro-realism but this track has places with non-realistic behavior at all, if you drop one wheel off tarmac car stops immidiately or fly to outer space, it just badly made imho.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2021, 02:15:03 PM +0100 »

I didn't find anything other than telephone poles, trees or walls that stopped the car immediately - can you give me an idea of where so I can take a look?
I'll also feed it back to the author as I've chatted with him in the past over on RD on some of his other tracks so it might get updated at some point.
The only place I fell through the scenery happened to be when I tried driving into the petrol station at the end of the lap ( Grin ) from memory, even on some of my larger offs I generally just span through grass for 100's of meters if I had managed to miss walls and posts first.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2021, 02:16:45 PM +0100 »

That's the reason I didn't bother last night, I wouldn't have managed a lap.  Grin
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2021, 03:05:26 PM +0100 »

I didn't find anything other than telephone poles, trees or walls that stopped the car immediately - can you give me an idea of where so I can take a look?
I'll also feed it back to the author as I've chatted with him in the past over on RD on some of his other tracks so it might get updated at some point.
The only place I fell through the scenery happened to be when I tried driving into the petrol station at the end of the lap ( Grin ) from memory, even on some of my larger offs I generally just span through grass for 100's of meters if I had managed to miss walls and posts first.

Really hard to say exact places because lack of laps I manage to do but it feld that those places are everywhere if you go out Smiley. Some of those steep bankings did that to me and some ditches on straights as well they just suck you in very realistic and then comes full stop. In a other hand it's same track for all...
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2021, 03:46:29 PM +0100 »

I wasn't too keen on this track either but after a few laps I grew to like it a bit more. It does look a bit GPL with those grass banks and comedy trees and I did notice some fps drops in parts but nothing too concerning.

I seemed to get sucked in a couple of times when I put a wheel on the grass but I didn't explore the scenery too much. On my penultimate lap just before entering Brno village I hit one of the concrete posts which flicked me into the armco breaking my left steering arm and I had to limp around to the finish with a steering wheel 90 degrees off. It seems I'd caught my rear wheel around the post but looking at the replay I didn't actually touch it  Roll Eyes Maybe a problem with the collision box on the Matra but I don't know how to check that. So lesson learned, keep well away from anything in these cars especially if it's solid.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2021, 06:03:21 PM +0100 »

I liked the race. Very dangerous circuit, but that's the beauty of it. It is one of those races where your rivals are not the other pilots, but mostly your car and yourself.
All with little grip too. Smiley

I had a weird game-crash (not disconnection) before qualifying and that worried me a lot. Luckily I didn't have any others.
During qualifying I only managed to do one lap, in which I touched the wall at the last corner like a rookie.
Then in the restart I created an accident like Le Mans '55 (sorry again GT) angel

So I started back for the race. I preferred to stay calm and avoid the wreckage and the cars of the other boys who were spinning like tops. A truly terrifying sight.
I got behind GT, and after a his long kiss at a hay barrier, I passed him and gained the second place. At that point I simply did the last laps, going really slow to avoid unnecessary risks. Tim was too far away and too fast anyway.

I totally agree with Tim: in AC (and sims in general) get used to not giving too much importance to contacts or crashes. GPL was on another level, and gave a lot more adrenaline just for that. As well as being a great driving school.
I lacked that adrenaline; that feeling of constant danger.
That was the motorsport of time, far away from what it is now. There remains something like the TT, for example, and little else.
Obviously there have been many deaths, it is useless to deny it. Luckily we are in a game.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com