The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 12:06:47 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Albert Park: April 04, 2021
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Albert Park - Apr 4  (Read 963 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2021, 09:07:44 PM +0100 »

EASTER FUN RACE

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (40 minutes)

Cars allowed:

bmw_m3_gt2
corvette_c7r
ferrari_458_gt2
porsche_911_rsr_2017

Track: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/melbourne-grand-prix-circuit.2498/

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops: one pitstop for tyres, fuel or both to be taken during 15 - 25 min window
Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 09:13:38 PM +0100 »

i have initially set this race as 40 min with a pitstop. Can we have a show of hands as to how many people are planning on turning up? if it is only a few of us i may change it to a 30 min sprint.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 09:57:36 PM +0100 »

Maybe, depends on local rules.. Roll Eyes

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2021, 01:02:13 PM +0100 »

Would prefer a more balanced car set tbh, but I will turn up. Going to be a tiring weekend, doing plenty of driving, both real and sim.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2021, 01:45:48 PM +0100 »

I have another race that day so I don't know, theres everything what I hate this race, too short race distance, boring cars and rolling start.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 03:39:59 PM +0100 »

Not sure really, if it was some cars that I haven't tried before I would be more interested, but to be honest, like Kimi, I don't find these cars too exciting. The only saving grace is it being a track that I quite like.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2021, 09:41:50 AM +0100 »

Practice server is up for tomorrows Easter Egg Day Fun Race
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2021, 07:09:50 PM +0100 »

There was 3 quite negative comments about car choice and I think we all like to hear your opinion too or is it so that you just don't care?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 07:13:30 PM +0100 by KDiesel » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 09:25:55 PM +0100 »

There was 3 quite negative comments about car choice and I think we all like to hear your opinion too or is it so that you just don't care?

I chose these cars as they are usually popular (and i like them!). I didnt consider changing the format for tomorrow nights race as:

1. It is only a fun race
2. It is short notice to start changing stuff around

Before deciding on a series i try to take peoples views into consideration
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2021, 12:41:10 PM +0100 »

Ok, thanks for anwers, just like to remind you that race is not a race (or fun) without racers, it's just 40 minutes quali with rolling start... Theres no point to make setups and found out that grid is literally empty.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 02:40:19 PM +0100 »

Ok, thanks for anwers, just like to remind you that race is not a race (or fun) without racers, it's just 40 minutes quali with rolling start... Theres no point to make setups and found out that grid is literally empty.

I totally agree with you KDiesel. But it can be a bit of a balancing act trying to keep numbers up at these races, i have run original AC content (GT3's, GT2's, LMP1's) and people complain about running the same cars too often. I have run third party content (V8 Supercars, TCR's etc) and people complain that they are too niche. If i run default tracks people complain i am using them too often, and if i run third party tracks people complain about the quality of them.
I  tried an Assetto Corsa Competizione GT3 league, which virtually no one turned up for.
I introduced new content with the F3 series we are running which has had mixed reaction. On the RRE side the new RRE Cupra E's have also had mixed reaction.

And to confuse matters further, most other leagues run AC and ACC series for GT3's which have massive grids. for example SRO which has several SROU racers FMG, Spanner, Jonso, GT , Jos, Simon Gymer to name a few.

I am interested in modern GT, Touring Cars and the odd single seater and just try to organise races that i like and think (hope!) others will like as well.

Do you or anyone else know of any decent quality mods for modern GT or touring cars that we could use?
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 03:32:21 PM +0100 »

Theres a lot of stuff that we can try these fun races, some of them are not so modern but I count it modern if it got slick tires...
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skoda-130-rs.26700/ https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fiat-panda-45-group-2.41182/ https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fiat-regatta-2000-group-a.41095/ https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/azlk-moskvich-412-scc-2-0.38257/ https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gaz-24-10-volga-406-class.24834/ https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skoda-octavia-cup-2018.24099/ https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lada-2101-a2-group.17475/ https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lada-2105-a2-group.20888/

Here's couple options, I know theres a series for Lada vs. Mosksvich vs. Volga, so those are competive I guess. I belive some other cars above are quite close too but needs testing of course. All cars how ever are top rated so basically they are drivable...not sure how good quality cars need to be but I think perfection is not needed. I hope we can do test race with some of those, if not all of them.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 03:34:34 PM +0100 by KDiesel » Logged
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2021, 04:15:34 PM +0100 »

I think the problem is that there is so much competition for GT league racing that unless you are already attracting decent size grids then people just won't join. Catch 22.

I was having a look at some of the stock AC content that isn't widely used. The Lamborghini Huracan Super Tropheo is a gem of a car for a modern single spec series, lots of power for the bigger circuits and definitely a different feel to the usual GT2/GT3 cars. By contrast the Praga R1 is a lightweight proto racer which would be ideally suited to tighter tracks, having high downforce but certainly doesn't feel boring to drive.

Personally I've never enjoyed modern open wheel racing, too many track dependant setup decisions and difficult to race wheel to wheel. Don't like modern touring cars because they tend to be fwd and have always felt awkward to me. No interest in electric cars  scooter

Edit for Kimi: The Skoda 130 RS is brilliant!!

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2021, 04:46:57 PM +0100 »

I think the problem is that there is so much competition for GT league racing that unless you are already attracting decent size grids then people just won't join. Catch 22.

I was having a look at some of the stock AC content that isn't widely used. The Lamborghini Huracan Super Tropheo is a gem of a car for a modern single spec series, lots of power for the bigger circuits and definitely a different feel to the usual GT2/GT3 cars. By contrast the Praga R1 is a lightweight proto racer which would be ideally suited to tighter tracks, having high downforce but certainly doesn't feel boring to drive.

Personally I've never enjoyed modern open wheel racing, too many track dependant setup decisions and difficult to race wheel to wheel. Don't like modern touring cars because they tend to be fwd and have always felt awkward to me. No interest in electric cars  scooter

Edit for Kimi: The Skoda 130 RS is brilliant!!

Lambo vs. sumthing could work, Praga maybe Smiley Praga is really nice but it feels underpowered (just like GT2/3). Fwd car are fun, just push 'em like hell and they will reward you. Tbh there's lots of AC stock cars which I haven't even driven yet, my excuse is that I've only got AC for 4 years... Wink I think we need series with exciting cars which are relative easy to setup and variety of totally different tracks to equalize possible difference between cars, eazy peasy lemon squeezy, let's do that. Wink
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2021, 05:11:26 PM +0100 »

Hi KDiesel,
Thanks for the car links. I will sort out some test races for when we have finished the F3 series.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com