The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 01:00:14 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 - GPL67 Season 1  (Read 2384 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 12:17:53 PM +0100 »

Is the car(s) a mod or is this one of the ones you get with the game? If it's a mod, do you have a download link to it?

I've added that now too - needed to find the link...

GT, are you sure the FPS drops aren't anything else? I've had this for years with no issues, even on the old rig.
(don't remember the gfx being that bad either)

I wonder if it's one of the content manager patches  Undecided  I tried starting from the stock AC launcher but then the game just crashes. Maybe other CM users can try.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 12:34:05 PM +0100 »

I always launch AC through the stock exe - you shouldn't need to fire up CM except when modifying files, it edits and appends stuff when it's running and then has very little else to do with AC.
Something's been changed by the sound of it.

I've also found an (unofficial) update for Sandown I'm going to try after work, I'm going to see if it matters whether you had the update or not to connect to the server - that's meant to improve the kurbs and some of the distance effects. It has an updated VAO so if your issues are CM it might fix that too

I can leave that server up for a few days with the cars before loading next weeks test race @ Hockenheim
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 06:55:11 PM +0100 »

Scratch Sandown  Sad < Unscratch that scratch - see further down, this was my own fault)
I've just tried it am am getting the same issues - adding the patch from RD helped but it's dropping the Rift down to it's 'safe mode' 45FPS.

Tempted to just run Silverstone and save on the air fare
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:14:31 AM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 08:47:08 PM +0100 »

Tempted to just run Silverstone and save on the air fare

No please!

Why don't we go at Rouen? It's much more funny and rewarding to drive, even if I'll throw the car out of track at some point Cheesy

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 09:03:13 PM +0100 »

Because it's $6 - I'd love to run it but recon people would be too tight to cough up. A bit like the recent Zandvort round over at SRO that missed several driver who wouldn't pay for it.

If I get enough people saying yes then I'll be more than happy to use it as it's a great track Smiley

Link for those who don't know it: https://sellfy.com/f3classictracks/p/rouen-for-assetto-corsa/
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 08:37:28 AM +0100 »

i thought there was already a good version of Rouen thats free? I've been using it for years and seem to remember it was done to a high enough standard. We have used it here often in the past  Huh Having said that, i dont mind paying for a top notch version either.  Smiley

Not chosen a car yet, hoping to join the series but wondering if it clashes with my current P-Cup series on a weds night. Is there a start date yet? Managed to break the cable to my wheel a few days ago so not done any laps in anything  Cry

Re the carset, is it same set of cars we have used previously? so i can try a few out and pick a car, or do i need to re-download the GP67 car set? (didnt know if its a newer version)

initial thought is i'll take a Brabham, but not tried these cars for months.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:39:18 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2021, 11:12:12 AM +0100 »

Exactly the same cars as at Zolder last year Smiley
You were there and in a Brabham too, so should be good to go yes

The Sergio Rouen is a very accurate build of the GPL Rouen as opposed to the other version that was built on the modern day roads that make/made up the course.
Even if the GPL version was less accurate you'll struggle to find many GPL'ers who prefer other versions (Same applies to the GPLEA Clermont Ferrand Vs any other version - personally speaking, it's probably my favourite Sim track ever made)

I might check the 'modern' Rouen for FPS, but am suddenly having a fair few issues myself. I'm starting to think it's a recent graphics driver update (or Oculus Roll Eyes ) causing people all these issues...
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 02:19:45 PM +0100 »

Haven't updated my nvidia driver for a while so I don't think that was the cause of my problems at Sandown and my fps problems at Hockenheimring are known issues, in fact I just had a reply from Sergio saying he plans to update hock and some other tracks but can't give a time frame. Watkins Glen has already been updated and looks/runs better than before.

Sergio's Rouen is superb, much better layouts and road feel than the free version that most of us have run in the past which I think was a rough VLM GTR2 conversion. My vote (if there is one) goes for Sergio's track.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2021, 03:12:02 PM +0100 »

Meant to say, would be very cool if someone  Wink could put up a how to drive video on some of these cars giving us mortals a few hints on technique and setup. Might want to start with the Ferrari  Grin

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 03:31:32 PM +0100 »

I've just found the root of my FPS problems (plus the reason AC stopped working properly in Oculus mode).
Turns out it's nothing to do with CM or CSP or even my GFX drivers - I'd left my reflections settings on Max at some point in the past and forgotten to turn them back down hammer

My 1070 has more than enough grunt to laugh at AC in Max detail on a monitor, but add VR into the mix and the frankly insane calculations required for super HiFi body reflections from a constantly moving POV simply cooks my GFX card (it was running at 100% load from the moment I loaded into the car in the pits!)
I've turned it down to medium quality and refresh and now get a rock solid 90FPS (Oculus cap) everywhere and can even use Oculus mode in AC for the 1st time in about 6 months and record in-car VR footage again.

With that in mind check all your GFX settings GT - Fabri has checked Sandown for me as he races on a potato ( ninja ) and says it seems fine at his end so I think you're possibly asking too much from your kit like I was, probably without even realising ( also like I was Roll Eyes )

There is a graphical update to Sandown available below for you lot to try while it's still running on the server. It doesn't affect compatibility online at all but does make things look a little nicer - Sandown is an interesting challenge in these cars when things stop juddering long enough to figure out where you're going!
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/upgrade-pack-for-sandown-raceway.36709/

I've just recorded 2 laps of Rouen in the BRM on a setup taken from another track - it's scruffy as a result but I might go out of my way to pick a simpler circuit to do a demo on once I've made a setup Smiley
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2021, 03:45:02 PM +0100 »

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rouenlesessarts-extralong-rtb-revisited-2017.11991/

I raced recently in an italian GPL69 champ on this free version of Rouen and it was really good. As expected I had to pit a couple of times to repair my car and see the checkered flag  Grin

Didn't try Sundown yet. Provided there won't be issues for the other drivers, I guess it's better to race on it. You decide Wink

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
MaxVeloce
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2021, 05:19:31 PM +0100 »

Because it's $6 - I'd love to run it but recon people would be too tight to cough up.

I bought it last weekend, easily worth 6 dolla, just for the GPL flashback...  Sergio makes great tracks though of course.   Did a few laps in lotus / ferrari / eagle and its great to drive in these cars, no shock there though Grin

... also updated the grid, currently everyone has their 1st choice.
Hopefully we can fill that grid as opposed to gaining a further 10 Ferrari's or something Grin
gah, I chose the red machine because it was clearly the slowest of the cars I tried at Rouen..    I can swap to the lotus though  Tongue

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 05:27:21 PM +0100 by Max . » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2021, 05:30:27 PM +0100 »

I've just found the root of my FPS problems (plus the reason AC stopped working properly in Oculus mode).
Turns out it's nothing to do with CM or CSP or even my GFX drivers - I'd left my reflections settings on Max at some point in the past and forgotten to turn them back down hammer

My 1070 has more than enough grunt to laugh at AC in Max detail on a monitor, but add VR into the mix and the frankly insane calculations required for super HiFi body reflections from a constantly moving POV simply cooks my GFX card (it was running at 100% load from the moment I loaded into the car in the pits!)
I've turned it down to medium quality and refresh and now get a rock solid 90FPS (Oculus cap) everywhere and can even use Oculus mode in AC for the 1st time in about 6 months and record in-car VR footage again.

Beware there has been another Oculus driver update today, that usually causes me grief in one way or another! and i also had an Nvidia GFX update yesterday. With my shiny new 3x32" screens i'm wondering if i can bin my Rift for a while.  Undecided The screens are wider than my real car so its a life-size windscreen view  Shocked  only tried them in ACC so far and they are mega  Cool

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2021, 06:24:29 PM +0100 »

Try it in a BRM with the 'correct' gearbox - I.e. on your left with a mirrored gear order.
It's mind blowing when in VR - I'd really love to know the logic in the left hand, mirrored gearboxes. Presumably it was a problem generated by the 16 cylinder brick Cheesy

5  3  1

6  4  2  R

Regarding Sandown - If Fabri can run it ok then I would suggest it's fine for all. My own problems as mentioned above turned out to be my own fault..

Mark, the old Rift doesn't seem to get many updates anymore - which is perfect as it means they've stopped buggering it up!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 09:06:32 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2021, 08:08:55 PM +0100 »

Best put me in a Lotus.  thumbup2 Sandown runs 90fps in Quest2 thumbup1
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 09:10:28 PM +0100 by Bob » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com