The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 08:18:57 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 - GPL67 Season 1  (Read 2277 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2021, 11:20:49 AM +0100 »

Thanks Bob - It didn't make sense to me when Sandown could barely crack 50 for me given it's quite old and basic compared to more recent stuff.
Hopefully GT can have a tinker and see if he's done something as silly as I did.

I've thrown a quick video of Rouen together from the perspective of one of BRM's victims:

https://youtu.be/uFZMZ19cgHs

I was running the GPL take on the gearbox (Which I believe is accurate) with it mirrored and to my left - I only included the engine implosion in the vid, but I can assure you the out-takes would be much longer than the flying lap if I had included all the misses and spins the damn thing has caused me! Cheesy

I'll put a thread up as this is a payware track and you lot can vote on whether we race there or stick to Sandown - the vote can stay active for 2 weeks as the season should start on the 12th May (we have 2 tracks that need checking and I'll then be away on the week of the 3rd thru 9th of May, so it makes sense to wait as I can't run the series from Cornwall on my phone!)

Vote can be found here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25041.0
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:36:14 AM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2021, 11:42:41 AM +0100 »

I managed to get Sandown running better by completely turning off shadows. It's still not great but I can experiment turning some other things off just for this round. Strange as I can max out most of my settings on other tracks which are much more demanding.

Might be worth testing Hockenheimring sometime as the trees there are a known issue, not sure if removing the offending file would cause a mismatch  Undecided

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2021, 01:18:03 PM +0100 »

It'll be tested after Watkins Smiley
There are other versions of the old layout, but again Sergio's is the best for what we are driving. Out of curiosity what are your reflection settings?
I'm able to completely max out my shadows when I reduce reflection quality, this might be that reflections are more GPU intensive than shadows in VR - or they might just be the main culprit.
Either way I notice the difference from a quality perspective when I reduce shadows, but the game still looks nice with reflections reduced
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2021, 02:17:12 PM +0100 »

I run reflection settings at 1024 but I have them static as I find them distracting. Opponent cars just look too flat without them so I find this a decent visual compromise. I believe reflections are pretty costly.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2021, 05:20:48 PM +0100 »

Hello guys,

I'm going to pick a Cooper please, and I think that you can reserve another one for Jos. He's likely to confirm this very soon.
What about the skins then ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2021, 05:50:33 PM +0100 »

I'm only planning on using the skins from the mod (another reason to prefer correct team/car numbers!) - If you want a particular number then just shout!
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2021, 04:58:45 PM +0100 »

I'm only planning on using the skins from the mod (another reason to prefer correct team/car numbers!) - If you want a particular number then just shout!

Ok, I'd like the Siffert's #17 plz.

Also known as "Solmyr"
Barone

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2021, 11:01:08 PM +0100 »

Hi guys, hope you're all fine.
I may be interested in doing some races but not all the champ. There will be "free cars" for people to use or should I reserve a car anyway?
tks
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2021, 08:06:49 AM +0100 »

Hi Barone,
we have 18 cars before we start doubling up so you should be fine.
But due to the way the car allocation works in AC the easiest options would be that you either choose something in advance, or message me prior to each race you want to take part in so I can tell you what cars should be free Smiley
Barone

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2021, 10:18:41 AM +0100 »

Ok, I'll take a Ferrari then.
But since I'll do just 2-3 races probably if someone wants to take it for the all event then go ahead. I'll take whatever is available.
Don't want to "steal" a slot for someone interested in the all championship Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2021, 07:21:02 PM +0100 »

Round one is now up.
Given that the end result of the Poll was 50-50 I've stuck with Sandown. It's a historic circuit the the drivers (if not these actual cars) all raced on in the period and we don't need to worry about people missing the race due to not wanting to buy the track.

You guys are seriously missing out though - I've spent longer messing about on that in the GPL cars than on anything else lately it's that good Tongue

Anyway the date for your diaries for kick-off is the 12th of May Smiley
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2021, 05:34:12 PM +0100 »

Hi all!

I'll take the Lotus if possible.

Cheers

Lorenzo
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2021, 09:23:15 PM +0100 »

You're added on the list Lorenzo - welcome on board Smiley

I've been doing some admin and have now populated all the track download links - for those of you who are unfamiliar with Fonteny I recommend you get it and do some practice well in advance. I did my first laps today and and after about 4 laps when I started to get my bearings I have to say it's amazing in these cars Cool

This is what you get for saying Brno was too hard  Wink Cheesy
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2021, 12:14:37 AM +0100 »

By the way Tim, shouldn't we make some advertising towards some sro drivers or something in order to better fill the grid ?

I mean, this series should be a blast for sure, and the more clean & fair drivers always the better !  Cheesy angel

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2021, 08:18:55 AM +0100 »

SRO will just delete it if I do, they're very strange in that way - I've tried asking before and always told no
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com