The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 23, 2024, 02:28:43 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 - GPL67 Season 1  (Read 2390 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2021, 10:36:22 AM +0100 »

Hope you get this sorted well, sorry to hear. Do you use VR ? Is it related ? blink

Been to the doctor and the optician and I have a bacterial infection on my face and in the eyes, so a lot of the time my vision is blurred. I did use VR, and it might be connected - possibly my fault for not cleaning the VR headset enough, IDK, but its a bit of a coincidence that I used VR a lot early this year and this happened (and I dont know where else it came from)...

I'd still love to do this series but I just cant commit to the hours needed right now - really hoping I can continue with SRO ACC season as I did 2 good races so far, but not sure on that as i paid a price for it this week with even worse dry/blurry eyes.

Sorry to hear Max, and interesting, as i have suffered from constant watering eyes recently, which causes me a bit of blurred vision, which optician told me is more likely dry eyes causing it, and is most likely from all the VR use ontop of daily CAD/3D work.   Sad
Hence one of the reasons i upgraded my triples to a set of shiny 32's a short while back. Was using them just for ACC endurance to save my eyes but now switched over in AC too as a trial run. Must say with 32's i get a lovely FOV and see more detail like brake marker readings!  Grin  A lot easier on the eyes for sure, but do miss a bit of immersion in open seaters especially.

@Tim, sorry i havent been able to commit to this new series, was hoping it wasnt starting for a couple of weeks as im just finishing up another PCGB Porsche cup season (still two rounds to go) and they clash on wedsnesday eves. I'll hopefully join in a bit later. I'll try a Cooper and an Eagle out later as they are only cars with slots left.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2021, 02:26:05 PM +0100 »

just tried them, they look amazing on the 32's  Shocked the detail for the exhausts, engine and gearbox's is great! as the screens are so big its pretty much lifesize and looks spectacular, felt like an extra in GrandPrix  Grin

Didnt like the Eagle cockpit much so i'll take a Cooper unless that other Ferrari is going spare?

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2021, 04:42:45 PM +0100 »

Unless Max changes his mind (I noticed he was racing in ACC last week/weekend) then his Ferrari is going free Smiley

Hi Jukka - I believe the mod is still the same as when we last raced at SRO. If you could join the server I'd say that proves it.

I know you tend to stick with the Lotus as you don't really do setups, but is there any chance you could take a Cooper or Eagle to fill out the grid more?
If it's an absolute no then I'll add you in a Lotus instead Smiley
Juge

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2021, 09:22:32 PM +0100 »

I know you tend to stick with the Lotus as you don't really do setups, but is there any chance you could take a Cooper or Eagle to fill out the grid more?
If it's an absolute no then I'll add you in a Lotus instead Smiley
I tried Cooper and Eagle but they feel wrong for me so if I can have that Lotus I would be happy. My kids are on my place on wednesday and if they wake up mid race it will be race done for me so would like to enjoy driving my favourite car when I have this possible DNF around the corner. Since both skins are taken I would really much like to drive with great Jim Clark´s car if they are assigned on this series.

Was there something else I need to do to enter this series or is this post enough. So long time I raced here previously
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:26:48 PM +0100 by Juge » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2021, 10:29:00 PM +0100 »

Nope - I've got your steam ID from previous races so you're all good  Smiley
Once I figure out which of the 2 cars was Clarks I'll give you one of those
MaxVeloce
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2021, 09:46:19 PM +0100 »

Unless Max changes his mind (I noticed he was racing in ACC last week/weekend) then his Ferrari is going free Smiley

I want to do the races as I love the older cars but lately I have many days where my vision is just bad and my eyes are drier than the sahara (and the eye drops barely help). The optician did assure me that using the PC etc is fine and wont do any harm, its just a case of how well I can see LOL...

I'm fine with Mark taking the fezza though ,  sign me up with that spare Eagle to give you realistic grid and I'll do as many races as I can, just dont be surprised if I decide very late if I'm doing any particular race
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:48:43 PM +0100 by Max . » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2021, 10:00:30 PM +0100 »

Will do  thumbup1
DrNedrick

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2021, 03:08:10 PM +0100 »

This is literally my first rodeo!
What time? How does it work? Where do we meet?

Sorry for Noobing!
(I have been driving, have all the DLC etc etc, I'm a noob for online racing!)

oh yeah!
MaxVeloce
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2021, 05:27:56 PM +0100 »

Race times and server password can be found in the race topic  https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25211

To find the server go in the online section of AC, let it load the server list then search for  "org.uk"  and you should see simracing.org.uk f1 67 or similar, join it!

IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2021, 06:24:58 PM +0100 »

This is literally my first rodeo!
What time? How does it work? Where do we meet?

Sorry for Noobing!
(I have been driving, have all the DLC etc etc, I'm a noob for online racing!)

oh yeah!

Welcome ! Cheesy thumbup2

Also known as "Solmyr"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com