Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 10:39:34 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Race More web site  (Read 6149 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2005, 08:48:08 PM +0100 »

I have actually never seen the speedbug, however, i agree it is prudent to draft a rule governing this issue. This is a league of honesty and gentlemenly racing so we have to rely on individuals to admit (through no fault of their own) that they have unfortunately benefited by the speedbug. At worst this will happen during the race and result in that individuals placing being discarded. Something we have to live with I guess.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2005, 09:33:12 PM +0100 »

I've never seen the speedbug either.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Muorali
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2005, 09:56:08 PM +0100 »

Can someone please explain to me what Race more is all about exactly? I'm having problems - I click on Join, takes me to this screen saying "Playing..." - but nothing happens - it won't join to the game. Why?Huh?!!!!!
Anyone else having the same problem that has solved it? (and yes I have installed the 1.4 update and restarted.
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 09:58:58 PM +0100 »

What web browser are you using Muorali? There is an ActiveX control that needs to be installed to play the game from RaceMore.

Team Shark

AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2005, 10:06:20 PM +0100 »

I just had similar probs but I found it was Zonealarm prevented the ActiveX install.

I just logged on to UKGTR Magny through RaceMore no problem.

Not very clever site layout and the English is a bit illogical.

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 10:20:13 PM +0100 »

Yeah, I should clarify, I'm not at all concerned with regards racing fairly amongst the UKGTR crowd. I haven't experienced the speedbug myself either (one sign apparently- your bonnet colour changes, bizarre but true) and so can't say I have a firm grasp of how you would tell someone was 'suffering' with it. I must admit a little seed of doubt spoils things for me on public servers when you see some of those super low 2 minute times on Spa though. It's just a shame, when I should be congratulating someone on a stellar lap I instead find myself wondering...

Boil everything down and you've got a development team that have produced a game that is all about testing yourself and getting the best lap possible against your fellow racers, oh, except the game randomly hands out an unfair advantage for some of them. Roll Eyes

All of the hours SimBin have had post release and yet we still have it. I'm guessing that unless someone has a brainwave we always will. All the more reason to race with UKGTR Cool

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Muorali
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 10:21:17 PM +0100 »

doesn't matter i've done it, just being a noob - anyway - any way to Filter the servers at all?Huh Its proving a right pain inthe ass.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005, 05:16:00 PM +0100 »

As Dave said, if you get the Speedbug you'll know it.

A 1:37 at Monza in an NGT car is a *bit* of a giveaway!

Legends Racing simracing team
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005, 08:23:55 PM +0100 »

Bit more info on RaceMore here:
http://www.gtr-game.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3524

Looks like we'll always be able to use to bypass any lobby problems without paying a sub, which is good news.

Team Shark

karllikeeh

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005, 02:03:09 AM +0100 »

well i was gonna  do a big rant on the simbin forum cos after reading all the posts on there it makes me kinda mad! and sad!! but after all the good replys to dave's post then all i can say is that  im glad i have joined UKGTR because  with some one as dedicatded as dave  and others behind it >>>!! it can't fail !
so i raise my glass to dave ....................... cheers  Smiley
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2005, 07:42:18 PM +0100 »

I finally got a response to my question back to Diego about whether the league would be able to hire a server without the members paying. Diego didn't reply directly so I asked a SimBin forum mod to remind him. John Schoen replied:

Hello Paul,

You asked me a couple of days ago if I could point Diego to your question about league- and individual memberships for RaceMore. He told me today that this decision has not been made yet. Not a really helpful answer, sorry.

Regards,
John

I emailed him back with the following:

Hi John
Thx for taking the time to ask Diego for me. Would you mind passing a comment on this back to Diego please?

I am 100% sure that if all the league members are made to pay to access a racemore league server, then it is probably 100% useless to us. I think it's easy to see that the community are not really prepared to adopt pay-per-play en-masse, and since we are not prepared to limit access to the league we could not use a racemore server. As I see it, if Simbin don't allow simple rental of servers, then a large number of us will feel that this is a money making exercise and not something to help us out in the absense of a dedicated server. I hope it wont come to this though, as providing a set of servers for hire at reasonable rates looks to me like a smart move for Simbin in the circumstances, silencing its critics and keeping us happy - win/win.

regards

Paul

I hope it does the trick - who knows?

Paul
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 11:09:06 PM +0100 »

I've had the speedbug 3 times. First time i wasn't sure what was going on but it was very obvious something wasn't right. Sometimes the car skin stays in the garage and a black car rolls out. You can spot it a mile off, the cornering speeds are crazy along with top speed down the straight. A speedbug car goes past you like your in a ngt and your in a gt, and if your in a ngt you can keep up with the gt's.

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 06:28:21 PM +0100 »

Man, that answer to "shall we rent servers out like every other game publisher does or shall we individually charge each and every person that wants to load up a RaceMore game" is just such a no-brainer. Renting servers is a model that, well, simply works. Why they would want to complicate things beyond that (greed aside) is beyond me. Just from an admin point of view you wouldn't want to do it (again, greed aside Undecided ). If they hold back the dedicated server and then charge people individually they really could strangle the damn game at birth.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com