The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 12:13:55 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which track would you prefer?  (Voting closed: April 24, 2021, 11:35:41 AM +0100)
Sandown - 5 (50%)
Rouen - 5 (50%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandown or Rouen '67 for the GPL season?  (Read 505 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2021, 11:34:44 AM +0100 »

An easy question really.
Would you rather race on Sandown as currently slated (A free mod), or on Sergio Loro's frankly awesome Rouen (Payware @ $6: https://sellfy.com/f3classictracks/p/rouen-for-assetto-corsa/ )

Here's a video of Rouen, you can obviously try Sandown yourselves for free - the link to it is in the Series thread (Click my Signature)

https://youtu.be/uFZMZ19cgHs
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 12:23:05 PM +0100 »

have driven those Rouen roads  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 12:33:58 PM +0100 »

Reims  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 02:43:20 PM +0100 »

Was going to say Grin

I've yet to visit either despite fully intending to  Sad
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 03:25:51 PM +0100 »

D'oh Getting my French tracks mixed up  Roll Eyes Embarrassed

IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 09:10:59 PM +0100 »

No money to spend here, so Sandown or nothing for me. :/

I tried a bit today, and it's a decent track I think.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 12:58:09 PM +0100 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 12:05:11 PM +0100 »

I'm not willing to put more money on this sim to be honest. If I were prone to spend money for every circuit I'd rather choose another sim, like iRacing. Payware content usually cause a drop in numbers on the grid, and to say the least I don't care at all about any graphic aspect on every sim. For me we could still play at GTR2/P&G without any issue. I used to play those sims with no more than 40 fps until 2015, so you can guess how much I care about the ultra-defined tufts of grass, buildings around the circuit and panoramas.  Roll Eyes

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2021, 01:07:32 PM +0100 »

I'm not willing to put more money on this sim to be honest. If I were prone to spend money for every circuit I'd rather choose another sim, like iRacing. Payware content usually cause a drop in numbers on the grid, and to say the least I don't care at all about any graphic aspect on every sim. For me we could still play at GTR2/P&G without any issue. I used to play those sims with no more than 40 fps until 2015, so you can guess how much I care about the ultra-defined tufts of grass, buildings around the circuit and panoramas.  Roll Eyes

Prtty much this. You need 6 here 3 there and so on and after 2 months you actually spent half the price of another sim. I stick to AC cause I love it, though, even with its shameful cons. So I don't count in terms of other sims, but more in the stuff I need for real cars.
You're damn right that's likely to lead to a drop on the grid. I think we'd much better to focus on enlarging the grids than to always looking for newly made payware tracks, which sometimes are delivered with some bugs.  Undecided
About GTR2/P&G, man I watched a couple of vids recently and there I can't agree with you.  Grin Despite the pleasant nostalgia, it was was just horrible.  Cheesy Then there are 2 aspects : the scenery whose I don't really mind, but the track detail itself which was pretty poor too of course, and this is more important I guess.  angel

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2021, 02:26:54 PM +0100 »

Nothing to do with how pretty it is (although it is very pretty) - the GPL version is just a far superior track in terms of layout and construction.

The payware arguement is the very reason why I have never used a track or mod that requires paying for - even though this means we  are missing out on some utterly fantastic mods..

Hence this poll Wink

As for Sandown the layout is very challenging and is vaguely similar to the 60's layout - apart from the 2 chicanes it's the same.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 09:15:55 PM +0100 »

About GTR2/P&G, man I watched a couple of vids recently and there I can't agree with you.  Grin Despite the pleasant nostalgia, it was was just horrible.  Cheesy Then there are 2 aspects : the scenery whose I don't really mind, but the track detail itself which was pretty poor too of course, and this is more important I guess.  angel

I guess it's only a matter of habit mate Smiley When you're used to low graphics settings you don't notice those details anymore.

And don't forget that Aris has been hired by Kunos to do the job for AC physics right after that beutiful creation that was P&G for GTR2. That was surely a masterpiece of a mod! I loved it! Car were super detailed, but add-on tracks layout were sometimes a bit poor. It was also very popluar around here for a couple of years to say the least!

@Tim - I know you're a wise man, don't worry Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2021, 02:52:03 PM +0100 »

And don't forget that Aris has been hired by Kunos to do the job for AC physics right after that beutiful creation that was P&G for GTR2. That was surely a masterpiece of a mod! I loved it! Car were super detailed, but add-on tracks layout were sometimes a bit poor. It was also very popluar around here for a couple of years to say the least!

I thought he even had created Kunos, but no idea actually. Yup I was a true P&G fanatic too. Though it had a couple important shortcomings. The tracks themselves of course didn't belong to Kunos.

Also known as "Solmyr"
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2021, 07:31:22 PM +0100 »

I thought he even had created Kunos, but no idea actually. Yup I was a true P&G fanatic too. Though it had a couple important shortcomings. The tracks themselves of course didn't belong to Kunos.

"Kunos simulazioni" was founded by Stefano Casillo, creator of the sim "NetKar pro" (we're talking about the year 2006, and it was a very niche sim used by nobody Cheesy). Aris was hired right after P&G 3.0 was completed, to work on AC physics.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2021, 10:16:55 PM +0100 »

Oi! I had NetKar Tongue
It was frankly amazing at the time, much as AC then was on it's release
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com