The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 08:09:36 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Caterham mod  (Read 2291 times)
Adam Parle
« on: December 18, 2006, 09:24:08 AM +0000 »

Downloaded this a couple of days ago and I'm quite impressed.  The Classic 1.4l is very easy to drive, and gets you ready to drive the R500 which has a good amount of power on tap.  Both cars are very well balanced, but you can hang the back out (especially in the R500) and have a lot of fun with them, the steering is predictable although I found the R500 to suffer from quite a lot of understeer when cornering at speed.

The gear ratios are locked at the moment, although this might be sorted out in a future revision of the mod.  This means in the 1.4 you're not likely to see top gear, but it's not really a problem in the R500 with the extra grunt it has.  Not really looked into changing the setup at the moment, but the car feels pretty good right from the off.

There are a good number of skins, and with options on the windscreen, rollcage, wheels etc the cars look really good.  Running them at night it a bit of a no-no, they look horrendous, but during the day they really look the part.

Having run the R500 round Donny National and at Snetterton, this'd be a really good mod for a fun race sometime.  Oh, and running the R500 at the Nordschleife just has to be done!!!!!!!  There's no pit limiter on the cars, so if pit-stops are required I can imagine there'd be a few stop and go penalties!

I'd definatley recommend this, and with the can being of a slightly less fragile nature than some of the open wheel mods, combined wit the lairy nature of the R500 it'd be a very good fun race.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com