Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 09:00:28 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proposed new UKGTR ballasts  (Read 5094 times)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 08:10:29 PM +0000 »

I made some 50 laps today in Zhuhai. RSR continuously outpaced GTC on the straights. Even if I got faster corner exit RSR would catch up. I tried various setups, lowering wing, different springs, ARBs, differential... I'm sick of all those parameters.  Grin   Result was mostly the same. When it was ALMOST equal it was terribly unstable and could not be held on that pace, no way!  Angry

Also, on that same track on GTR2 Rank first 13 places go to RSR, with the first GTC almost a whole second behind.  Shocked

With the proposed ballast pack RSR goes 5 kg lighter. I think GTC should get lighter at least for that amount, preferably 10 kg.

TT
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 08:19:36 PM +0000 »

I made some 50 laps today in Zhuhai. RSR continuously outpaced GTC on the straights. Even if I got faster corner exit RSR would catch up. I tried various setups, lowering wing, different springs, ARBs, differential... I'm sick of all those parameters.  Grin   Result was mostly the same. When it was ALMOST equal it was terribly unstable and could not be held on that pace, no way!  Angry

Also, on that same track on GTR2 Rank first 13 places go to RSR, with the first GTC almost a whole second behind.  Shocked

Yes, but the GTC is easier on its tyres over a race distance. The ballasts are primarily aimed at race pace, not qualifying pace. I know in the Sprints especially that they are related but it is inevitably a compromise.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 09:01:16 PM +0000 »

Well, RSR dominates now already!  Angry

Endurance, masters:
                                Val  Brno  Spa  Zhuhai
Number of RSRs            6     7     4       3
number of GTCs            1     1     1       3
best position of GTC      3.    1.    3.     13.

Sprint NGT, masters:
                                Val  Brno  Spa  Zhuhai
Number of RSRs           12    13    7      12
number of GTCs            8     5     7       6
best position of GTC      3.    1.    3.      2.

Results show that after RSR drops 5kg, GTC will be even LESS competitive. I think this needs some consideration.  blink

Also, ballast pack is suppose to have an impact in evening up the field. It doesn't do it in this case, number of RSR almost doubles the GTCs. After proposed ballast pack RSR will be even more popular.

Dave, please take this lines as a genuine help towards the goals of the ballast pack.  thumbup1

TT
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 09:31:04 PM +0000 »

Hi I know I am old and slow but those porches seem awfully fast on the straights.chers gerald
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 09:56:28 PM +0000 »

Nice stats TT thanks. Cool

Personally I'd like to stuff 2 bananas up the tailpipes of all Porkers, but there you go. laugh

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 12:23:26 PM +0000 »

Okay, after the return of the mod's very own Porsche expert, the RSR will stay at 50kg for the rest of Season 4.

For Season 5 we will almost certainly have to fracture the NGT class into two. Sad

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2006, 02:06:41 PM +0000 »

For Season 5 we will almost certainly have to fracture the NGT class into two. Sad

Noooooo. That will make a mockery of the Endurance race unless we have an NGT only (or 2 classes as you propose) Endurance race and a GT only Endurance race. However much I like the multiclass racing, that might be a better way to split Endurance rather than Masters and Academy as I'm not sure a max of 13 in each class is enough for Endurance racing.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2006, 03:30:04 PM +0000 »

While I don't know how much I favour the "ballast Pack", I do think it should have been done properly beforehand (Success ballast), but Simbins half arsed attempt at recreating a real life sim Roll Eyes has left SROU to do the job itself. Smiley
The beauty of driving different makes and models of car is that they have different abilities, pro's and cons etc... otherwise we might as well have a single make championship :'(
The ballast pack is not even like having a full tank of fuel, as 100L is approx 73KG IIRC,
The driver is making the difference (vertigo aside) as we've already seen this season with Martin in the Viper, Claus in the Vette etc, I'm not saying that like the 550/575 isn't much faster than the rest as it left the Lambo for dead in the lastRace I entered, but its the beauty of the sport and I hope it isn't taken away.  Sad

Noooooo. That will make a mockery of the Endurance race unless we have an NGT only (or 2 classes as you propose) Endurance race and a GT only Endurance race. However much I like the multiclass racing, that might be a better way to split Endurance rather than Masters and Academy as I'm not sure a max of 13 in each class is enough for Endurance racing.

Thats sounds like a very good idea, allthough racing against different classes is part of GT endurance racing, I would have thought it would be worth sacrificing racing against other classes so you can race against double the amount of racers in the same class. Cool

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
locutos ukgtr
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2006, 04:03:58 PM +0000 »

Are these changes proposed to start at Donni in Jan 07 for the remainder on season 4? Would like to see what the Lister does and the Viper, but dont wanna waste time if new ballast aint coming in for a while.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 04:32:48 PM +0000 »

Are these changes proposed to start at Donni in Jan 07 for the remainder on season 4? Would like to see what the Lister does and the Viper, but dont wanna waste time if new ballast aint coming in for a while.

Yes, I intend to make the changes as part of the skin and ballast pack update to be released next week.

Munkez

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2006, 04:44:36 PM +0000 »

will the ballast pack be in place for the fun race at silverstone?
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 05:06:13 PM +0000 »

Yes, I intend to make the changes as part of the skin and ballast pack update to be released next week.

Dave,
       Does this mean we will have the opportunity for a "free" car change to add a bit of variety to proceedings??
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 05:41:34 PM +0000 »

will the ballast pack be in place for the fun race at silverstone?

I'm wasn't intending to publish it until after the Super Endurance race, though that's not set in stone.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2006, 05:51:02 PM +0000 »

might be a place to test it a little???

True but it also adds risk and some folks can't even get the track working...

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2006, 11:49:45 AM +0000 »

With the new pack now under construction these ballasts are now set.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com