Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 09:07:32 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S3855GP Hockenheim: May 09, 2021
May 09, 2021, 11:15:10 PM +0100 - Hockenheim (1965-2001) - UKGPL Season 38 (Spring 2021) 1955 Grand Prix
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
bagrupp
 Team Groundhog
Mercedes W196 (#1955) F1 1955 6 +1.340
114.358mph
1 44:48.950
113.400mph
20 2:12.672
114.918mph
Continental  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Lancia D50 (#1955) F1 1955 8 +3.115
112.856mph
2 +0.829
113.365mph
20 2:13.301
114.375mph
Pirelli  
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
Lancia D50 (#1955) F1 1955 5 +0.995
114.655mph
3 +2.744
113.284mph
20 2:13.126
114.526mph
Pirelli  
Raoni Frizzo
 Team Coyote
Lancia D50 (#1955) F1 1955 1 2:11.981
115.519mph
4 +17L
111.594mph
3 2:14.298
113.526mph
Disco
Pirelli  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ferrari 555 SS (#1955) F1 1955 4 +0.989
114.660mph
5 +4.253
110.448mph
3 2:16.623
111.594mph
Disco
Englebert  
Enrique Farina

Ferrari 555 SS (#1955) F1 1955 3 +0.773
114.847mph
6 +18L
109.425mph
2 2:18.432
110.136mph
Disco
Englebert  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lancia D50 (#1955) F1 1955 2 +0.200
115.344mph
7 +19L
109.780mph
1 2:18.215
110.309mph
Disco
Pirelli  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Ferrari 555 SS (#1955) F1 1955 7 +3.104
112.865mph
8 +20L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Englebert  
60fps UKGPL05

Gordini T16 (#1955) F1 1955 9 DNS ---
---
Englebert  

Moderator's Report

NO REPORTED INCIDENT

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 38 (Spring 2021) 1955 Grand Prix - Works - Hockenheim - May 9  (Read 785 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 07, 2021, 10:50:54 AM +0100 »

Season 38 – 1955 Grand Prix – Round 8 – Works - Hockenheim

This race announcement is for the WORKS.

The eighth race in the 1955 Grand Prix series takes us to Hockenheim in Germany. In 1965, when the new Autobahn A 6 separated the village from the main part of the track, an updated version of Hockenheim circuit was built, which incorporated a new "Motodrom" stadium section. Two fast chicanes were added after Jim Clark was killed on 7 April 1968 in a Formula 2 racing accident.  A small memorial was placed at the site of his accident near the first chicane. In order to improve safety even further, the track was lined with crash barriers in 1970. But the track was still dangerous and claimed the life of Patrick Depailler in 1980. So in 1982, the first chicane was made slower and a third chicane was added at the Ostkurve (east curve). In the early 2000s, Formula 1 officials demanded the 6.823 km (4.240 mi) track be shortened and threatened to discontinue racing there.  So the state government of Baden-Württemberg secured the financing for a redesign by Hermann Tilke ready for the 2002 German Grand Prix. The new "Tilke Track" was not universally popular and many drivers preferred the long circuit. Sadly the old circuit was torn up and replanted with trees thereby preventing any chance of reinstating the long circuit for Formula 1 or indeed using it for historic car races.

Tonight we will be using the 1967 version of the long track that doesn't have the three chicanes.

Race list = iGOR
Server = UKGPL05_60fps
IP address Server = 86.6.125.152:32666
Password = see above
GPL Mod = 55
Damage model = PRO
60fps Patch = 60fpsV2newmod
Track download = here
Track directory = hockenhm
Qualifying starts = 20:45 UK time - 45 minutes
Race starts = ~ 21:30 UK time
Race length = 20 laps
Replay = here

Please restrict chat to emergency messages only including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Driver lists and division specific rules can be found on the championship standings page.

Available Tokens:
Note: These are the tokens available to each driver before the 10 tokens are added for making the race start.

Driver        Tokens  Status
Alain Maurice
Works
bagrupp
Works
Carlos Cendejas
Works
Clive Loynes
Works
Cookie
Works
Doni Yourth
Works
Dulima
Works
Enrique Farina
Works
EvilClive
Works
fpolicardi
Works
Gaizka López C
Works
JonnyO
Works
Phil Thornton
Works
Raoni Frizzo
Works
romanov
Works
tagomago
Works
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:11:36 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged
Enrique Farina

hot sauce

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 09:47:52 PM +0100 »

just say one think, so sorry clive ruin your race, so so sorry
  maybe this year i'm not ready for UKGPL this 55 season are the last one than I have, just many problems whit others drivers, in the rest of the season they forced me to retire, now I make a stupid mistake whit clive, it's not acceptable, i'm not ready for drive whit yours guys, mistake by mistake, I'm actually messing around a lot and causing bad temper.
  and I don't want it.
  just say good bye guys of UKGPL maybe one day come back, when i's ready.
  thanks organitation, thand drivers, thanks for all,
  bye bye

beer and speed, I love it, but separate
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 09:52:33 PM +0100 »

Enterin motodrome L1 I was a bit late on the brakes and had to steer to the left to avoid JJ, lost a wheel and retired. Later i saw a bit of attrition and only 3 of us was still on track after few laps.  Sad

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Raoni Frizzo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 10:05:21 PM +0100 »

Got rear ended in the last sector of the track and ended upside down.
Sad to see only 8 cars making the grid. Even more sad to see so many crashes.
Nothing else to say.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 10:12:31 PM +0100 »

Apologies Raoni. That was my fault.....I simply ran out of brakes, just when I needed another 5% to avoid you. From my side the touch was minmal, but I think the warp reaction of GPL was x50.

My race ended too, but that is zero consolation for you.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 10:46:24 PM +0100 »

The fans invaded the track on the last lap, and I passed very slowly on the line for fear of passing over someone .... Shocked ... they went crazy with the victory of the car and the German driver. Afro
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 07:58:50 AM +0100 »

It takes me an enormous amount of effort and hours of practice to even get withing sniffing distance of the times set by Raoni, the alien typist.  To have all that effort rendered useless by someone who has run out of brakes on the second lap is just unacceptable.

I think that the rules need to incorporate a two race ban for this crime.  By setting it at two races it is to be hoped that what used to be the honourable course of action, that of throwing yourself off the track rather than causing a collision, would be preferable.  In doing so you may end your race but it would be less than a two race impact.

I note that Fulvio is still operating to old school rules.   thumbup1

Please don't bother sending me an incident report as neither of us currently intends to take part in the next two races.

Wonder what I can do with all that spare time?

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 08:27:41 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the kind words. Jonny Smiley
Tears in my eyes when crossing the finish line.

Someone also tried to eliminate me in the first corner, i was last and saw everyone eliminate each other.
Sorry for you all. I had no.1 racing with doni and jonny, and the mercedes adavatnage brought the win.

PLEASE stop writing essays in the game. it distracts and lags the drivers !!!
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 10:10:48 PM +0100 »

Congratulations, Bas.  A good win in front of the home town crown.  I can't begrudge that.  BTW, while I am a native of Canada through several generations landed here, it might interest you to know that my ancestors hail from the Cottbus-Drachhausen area and emigrated to Canada in the mid-1800's.

Jonny a good P3 and scoring very handy points in the title run.  Good show, JJ.

My word!  What was everyone doing out there yesterday?  I've seldom seen so many efforts hell-bent on taking an early shower.  On Lap01, poor Fulvio, ever the gentleman, voluntarily fell on his sword to miss butt-ramming Jonny and lost a wheel for his trouble.  Grim.  I saw him disappear from my field of view as I swept into the stadium and expected to see him recover but am shocked to see that he suffered such damage from a relatively mild impact.  Next to go was Clive Loynes who was late to turn, threw the car sideways to scrub off speed and caught Ricky by surprise.  That it ended in a rollover is entirely shocking.  As far as I'm concerned, it's Clive's technique as much to blame for this shunt.  Shades of PDLR Silverstone, Lap02, Clive.  Ricky felt so badly about it that he shortly pulled up to retire.  Hardly all your fault, amigo.

Shortly after, I had Evil Clive throw a wild pass on me into T1 only to skate way, way wide and lose positions.  Soon, he and Ray tangled with Ray inverted in the bales and Evil throwing in the towel.  This was on Lap04 and when I saw my board to start Lap05 and saw that Ray was listed as down one lap, I thought that surely, the evil Hockenheim disco demon had struck again.  Only after the race in viewing the replay cap did I realize that by Lap05, only myself, Bas & Jonny were left.  Good grief!

Bas & I exchanged the lead multiple times sizing each other up for the last lap with Jonny watching from a discrete distance and biding his time.  Comes the last lap and I took the risk of passing on the first straight knowing that I might be an easy lunch on the return run.  Pretty much played out like that and Bas eased into the lead as we reached the stadium.  Nothing much to do but follow him in for a good P2.

Enrique Farina

hot sauce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 02:01:02 AM +0100 »

It takes me an enormous amount of effort and hours of practice to even get withing sniffing distance of the times set by Raoni, the alien typist.  To have all that effort rendered useless by someone who has run out of brakes on the second lap is just unacceptable.

I think that the rules need to incorporate a two race ban for this crime.  By setting it at two races it is to be hoped that what used to be the honourable course of action, that of throwing yourself off the track rather than causing a collision, would be preferable.  In doing so you may end your race but it would be less than a two race impact.

I note that Fulvio is still operating to old school rules.   thumbup1

Please don't bother sending me an incident report as neither of us currently intends to take part in the next two races.

Wonder what I can do with all that spare time?
  It is a very abrupt way of commenting on a mistake that many of us have made in this mod, clive, it is not for me to express myself in that way.
    but as I said before, I am already out of UKGPL because I see every time that the attacks against me are getting stronger, when I make a mistake, so don't worry clive, you can keep running, I'm already retired from UKGPL and I think that with the way you express yourself towards me, my retirement will be permanent.
    Every day that passes, I see that there are more runners expressing a lot of hatred towards me, and that is actually starting to tire me. so I don't think you'll ever see me on a track with you again, clive, run easy, maybe someone else will make the same mistake and don't attack him so hard, but let's hope that doesn't happen.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 08:35:30 AM +0100 »

Enrique, please rest assured that I direct no hatred towards you.  Far from it, I respect your skills and appreciate that in any other mod you would be far ahead of me.

My comments should be regarded as a general lament on the lack of preparation that most drivers apply to the 55mod races.  This usually results in their running out of brakes and if they are following another car then they will hit it.  This is not acceptable.  55mod is different to all the other mods and requires a different technique.  I am full of admiration for those drivers who can swap between mods and even sometimes including other sims in the space of a few days.  I can't.

If I regarded you, Enrique, as the problem there would be no sense in my withdrawing from this series after your declaring that you would not be continuing. 

I hope that you continue to enjoy your GPL racing.

Enrique Farina

hot sauce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 11:14:20 PM +0100 »

dear clive:
   i actually really enjoy gpl racing and i try to participate in a good amount if time and work allow it, i know the mod 55 braking system well, only in your case the hit i gave you i think Which was, very faint, but it caused you to turn around, the expense of the brakes was due to the entry of several cars in the previous curve that practically forced me to stop dry and that caused that in the curve where I had the incident with you , they were already very at the limit, I could not avoid you and therefore my many apologies to you.
  But what is really hurting me a lot is the way in which the runners with whom I had incidents, have attacked me and have addressed me, with very offensive words, and that make me really feel very, very bad, that I forced the withdrawal of a championship, to avoid that in future races, they have to suffer, when I am ahead or behind, from them.
  My policy of running gpl is just fun, for me these 20 years of running the GPL has meant total therapy for many personal problems that in the course of my life I have had and that the gpl has been able to alleviate.
  I run for fun, not to win a championship, if it happens, good and if not too.
  I really appreciate that you find me, he answered what he wrote and I accept the clarification of what you wrote, anyway I am still standing, with my decision to withdraw from this championship, I do not want to make more mistakes and leave out those who are fighting for him.
  I would like a lot, that you keep running since you still have a chance to fight this champ. and without my presence, it is already more tranquility for the other runners.
   Maybe I'll be back next season, maybe not, it depends on how I feel internally with my brain and my body.
  This year I generated several controversies, in various categories in this UKGP and I think it is time to let them rest and also that I rest.
   I send you a hug and continue running teamy
  cheers

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2021, 10:50:21 PM +0100 »

dear clive:

I would like a lot, that you keep running since you still have a chance to fight this champ.

I think that the championship belongs to Raoni, he will not lose any points when low scores are discarded.

However, I will only continue if you do also.   Grin

Furthermore, I will send you an invitation to join SBRC, the best team in UKGPL history!  This will provide you with a group of friends in UKGPL, it will allow SBRC to compete for the team championship and we can colaboratate on setups for the 55mod cars.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com