The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 08:48:02 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Vallelunga: May 23, 2021
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Vallelunga - May 23  (Read 626 times)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2021, 07:42:29 PM +0100 »

I might try to join the party guys, if you're ok with that. I usually never run modern cars, but once isn't custom.. I never did a rolling start, hope I won't be a troll on the track.  Lips Sealed

Also known as "Solmyr"
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2021, 07:52:54 PM +0100 »

Standing start works better, It's only 20 min race....and these are quite slow cars, I don't think that anything serious can happen.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:55:16 PM +0100 by KDiesel » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 07:54:07 PM +0100 »

all members of SROUK are welcome to race.

password is now available at the top of the thread and the server is in race mode
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2021, 10:41:26 AM +0100 »

Even with smaller grid these cars seems to offer close racing, maybe longer races with optional pitstop will work also.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2021, 12:06:36 PM +0100 »

Agree that these cars do seem to produce close racing with little difference in lap time between drivers, so that is a good thing. I did find them a little strange to drive & I have to say not that enjoyable, a bit sluggish & unresponsive. I think though that with some messing with the setup they could be improved. A grid of 12-15 of these could well be quite exciting but I can see that some people will instantly dislike them.

Congrats to Sol & GT on their wins.  clap clap
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2021, 12:28:39 PM +0100 »

Some nice close racing last night but really didn't enjoy these Skodas. I kept thinking taxi driver rather than racing driver  Roll Eyes Well done for trying some different ideas but this one isn't for me.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2021, 12:50:04 PM +0100 »

Well I enjoyed racing these cars, they are similar to the TCR's but a bit less potent. They will definitely be on the shortlist for the next Sunday night series. The next test race in a fortnights time will be the Praga
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2021, 04:08:50 PM +0100 »

These cars are made for close racing indeed.

I guess you guys laughed on me when I started like a fool,  Grin completely forgot about that rolling start thing. Then it seems even after I realised my mistake I didn't lead it the right way, looking at the way it was done in the 2nd race. Sorry for that.

I was quite worried about fuel at the end of the race so saved more and more of it in the last couple laps.

Then in 2nd race I moved my car a bit due to my ineptitude with modern cars, got a drivethrough penalty. Thankfully the leader was giving me some time while doing, so I could start the race without being half a lap behind, thanks. My driving was quite bad in that 2nd race though.

Thanks for racing !

Also known as "Solmyr"
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2021, 10:07:01 AM +0100 »

As I mentioned rFactor 2 Enduracers mod earlier in this thread just to let those know who might be interested, SRO league are racing this starting end of June. Good news is it's on Tuesdays so doesn't clash with anything here  thumbup1

https://simracingonline.co.uk/threads/le-mans-world-series-info.16296/

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com