The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 07:41:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: RaceRoom Ranked Enduros  (Read 2417 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« on: May 20, 2021, 12:50:12 PM +0100 »

Rather than clutter up the race threads with discussion about RaceRoom's Weekly Ranked Enduros, I thought it would be better to start a dedicated thread on the subject.

So next weeks event, Porsche GT3 Cup & BMW 235i Cup at Hockenheim looks tempting. Anyone else interested?
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 07:36:49 PM +0100 »

I'll try to do the 1h GTR3 race at Laguna Seca on Tuesday.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2021, 08:52:02 AM +0100 »

Rather than clutter up the race threads with discussion about RaceRoom's Weekly Ranked Enduros, I thought it would be better to start a dedicated thread on the subject.

Indeed, seperate thread for the Ranked servers, so we can maybe race together as a team.

So next weeks event, Porsche GT3 Cup & BMW 235i Cup at Hockenheim looks tempting. Anyone else interested?

Not really intrested, and enough work at home to do  Grin
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2021, 02:46:51 PM +0100 »

Video of the P2 & GTR2 race at Mid-Ohio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_hD3d4_Sls
frex

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 11:52:54 AM +0100 »

I did a few races on the Rookie servers some months ago, but this was when there was some kind of bug that prevented race results and Rep increases being recorded - hence my Reputation still sits at zero. Been thinking about having another go at it however - how long does it take to build up enough Rep to get into the ranked servers?
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2021, 12:23:55 PM +0100 »

Your reputation must be more than zero Frex, I seem to remember that you start at 70. A fairly clean race will probably net you a couple of reputation points at that level, the higher your rep gets the less it increases, although a race with a lot of incidents will see a significant drop. Whatever you do, do not quit a race that loses you a mountain of rep points & rating points. If you cannot continue in a race due to damage or suchlike it is better to just esc to the pits & wait for the race to finish.

Check here to find what rating & rep you need to join each server.
https://game.raceroom.com/multiplayer-rating/

I can recommend the Wednesday enduros, I have done 3 up to now, 2 gold & 1 silver & have not encountered one bad driver so far. I completed last Wednesdays race with just 2 incident points, everyone drove fast but fairly. In contrast I took in an NSU race at Zandvoort last week & accumulated over 30 incident points in 15 minutes, it was like bumper cars!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 12:28:20 PM +0100 by Geoffers » Logged
frex

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2021, 12:50:08 PM +0100 »

Your reputation must be more than zero Frex, I seem to remember that you start at 70.

Ah ok I didn't realise that. I know you need around 80ish Rep for the ranked servers, but assumed I was starting from zero and it would take ages to build up, which was putting me off. But if it starts at 70, that sounds much better.

A fairly clean race will probably net you a couple of reputation points at that level, the higher your rep gets the less it increases, although a race with a lot of incidents will see a significant drop. Whatever you do, do not quit a race that loses you a mountain of rep points & rating points. If you cannot continue in a race due to damage or suchlike it is better to just esc to the pits & wait for the race to finish.

OK thanks, good to know. I'll see if I can start building up my Rep over the weekend. The few races I did before were surprisingly good, even on the Rookie server..
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2021, 10:42:29 AM +0100 »

I'll try to do the 1h GTR3 race at Laguna Seca on Tuesday.

Laguna Seca with the GTR3 isn't the easiest race it seems. Started mid-pack in a full field of 30 cars, got rear-ended after a few laps which caused some suspension damage. Car was driveable but I didn't have much confidence in it. After the pit stop I spun on the exit of turn 2, broke the front aero and wasted a lot of time getting it turned around safely. Rest of the race was trying to keep it together and avoid the lead lap cars zooming past then parking it in the middle of the Corkscrew. Dragged it home in P16 and gained some rating points at least (tough field).

Good luck with the 90 minute race Geoff.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2021, 03:19:27 PM +0100 »

Cheers Toni, I will most likely be using the BMW even though it is 10s per lap slower than the Porsche.

At least you gained a few rating points last night even if it was not too good a race.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2021, 08:36:05 PM +0100 »

thumbup1  Toni,

And succes Geoff.

Question how works the GT3/GT4 adac competition? Is this also a qualification for a race. And hopefully not only for the top30, but with multiple servers.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2021, 09:02:41 PM +0100 »

Question how works the GT3/GT4 adac competition? Is this also a qualification for a race. And hopefully not only for the top30, but with multiple servers.

Sadly only the top 32 qualify for the races I believe, just the one server. It gives details if you go to leaderboard.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2021, 09:56:57 AM +0100 »

Not the best of races at Hockenheim. 26 drivers, 11 in BMWs, qualified 3rd of the Bimmers, should have been 4th but the quickest guy either left or got discoed during qually.

Had a lonely race for the most part running 3rd for nearly an hour only enlivened by being lapped by the Porsches. By then the 4th place guy had found some pace & had nearly caught me, so rather than fight & slow us both down & decided to pit for a splash of fuel, mistake!  Roll Eyes  Firstly it transpired that I probably could have completed the race without refuelling which some of the BMWs did & secondly I once again got a pit speeding penalty.

Not sure why I keep getting caught for speeding but I suspect the limiter can allow you to exceed the limit when you accelerate away from your pit, just going over the speed before arresting it. Of the BMWs that did pit I think only one did not get a penalty. Anyway eventually came home 5th BMW just failing to catch the 4th place guy before the flag came out.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2021, 10:48:44 AM +0100 »

Not sure why I keep getting caught for speeding but I suspect the limiter can allow you to exceed the limit when you accelerate away from your pit, just going over the speed before arresting it.

Bad luck Geoff. Something in the pit limiter coding was changed in the December update to prevent it being used as an exploit to gain an advantage in rolling starts, and this has led to the pit limiter being much more sensitive and more likely to trigger a penalty. Current recommendation is to use the limiter in second gear, not first, to prevent constantly bouncing off of it, maybe that helps.

Side note - got my Rep up over 80 within 3 races, so will try and join some more ranked races now.

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2021, 11:32:46 AM +0100 »

Next week's endurance race is DTM 2020 + GTR3 at Suzuka (90 minutes). I'll probably just be doing some sprint races in the CUPRA, kinda bored with GTR3 at the moment and definitely not touching the DTM 92 again until something changes. They're also trying oval racing with the FR US.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2021, 12:09:34 PM +0100 »

Next week's endurance race is DTM 2020 + GTR3 at Suzuka (90 minutes). I'll probably just be doing some sprint races in the CUPRA, kinda bored with GTR3 at the moment and definitely not touching the DTM 92 again until something changes. They're also trying oval racing with the FR US.

Yeh, not so interested in that one, not a fan of those DTM cars. May try a GTR3 if I can get somewhere near the pace, otherwise it is back to GT Legends next Wednesday.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com