The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 03:01:41 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: RaceRoom Ranked Enduros  (Read 2429 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2021, 01:22:13 PM +0000 »

Not sure if you can join during qually, you can't on normal ranked races. Qually is 20mins so race start is around 7.20ish.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2021, 04:01:53 PM +0000 »

Not sure if you can join during qually, you can't on normal ranked races. Qually is 20mins so race start is around 7.20ish.

I don`t think so, in previous race`s you see some guys hopping from silver to gold or bronse (but only in practice).

18:30 UK timing Practice
19:00 Quali
19:20 Race

(some minutes delay is possible due to prac and quali cooldown screens)

After 40min i`m already in orange on the left front (HARD)  Sad Sad Sad

Only reason maybe is that i run on 30% TC (maybe higher TC level wil help, will see). For the momemt H --> H --> S

Did a 60min AI race (but with the wear on x2). Is that accurate if you bring it down towards a real time 120min race?

Is it possible to run and legal to run with HARD on the front and SOFT on the rear? Did one run on it but didn`t see any change in lap time, compared to the hard lap time. Only tire life will be the same.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2021, 05:34:58 PM +0000 »

I don't think it's possible on the setup screen, but pit presets seem to allow it. Not sure if it actually works though.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2021, 06:27:14 PM +0000 »

I don't think it's possible on the setup screen, but pit presets seem to allow it. Not sure if it actually works though.

Indeed for the start it works, but during pit stop only one choice

Gold or silver?
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2021, 06:40:25 PM +0000 »

I am in silver
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2021, 09:05:12 AM +0000 »

Sorry I missed your last two messages Birger, I was already in game waiting to join. I went with the gold server.

There were 20 drivers in gold, 10 from each class. I qualified 7th in the GTR2 class & had a great battle with two other guys for 4th for the first 30mins. Got to the front of the group & succeeded in pulling away & started to catch the 3rd place man. After the first stops I was still 4th but now losing ground to 3rd place & had a lonely run through to the second pitstops.
Early in the final stint I caught the 3rd place guy recovering from a spin & a few laps later he tangled with a P2 car & spun & I was up to 3rd. But now a guy who had spin early in the race was catching both of us & he moved into 4th & with 10mins to go he had caught me. 7mins left & I braked too late for the final turn & went off onto the grass & both of them passed me, they were just that bit quicker over the remaining laps so had to be content with 5th place.

How did your race go? And did you race Matt?
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2021, 12:15:17 PM +0000 »

How did your race go? And did you race Matt?

No worries Geoff, I joined first Silver because i knew that Martin could only join silver, after some minutes i saw Matt joining my server so i remained in it (otherwise i would have switched towards Gold)

Race went well for me, our server was also 10 P2 drivers (around 5 to 7 finishers) and +/- 18 GT drivers (around 13 finishers).

Qualified in P2 and started on the HARD tire. Pole was deffinitly on soft's and was already on the straight away of us. For the first 2 laps i hold up the pack because i was on the hard tire. After 2 laps i lost 2 place's but regained those positions (first one was after 3/4 corners in the gravel, second one had a crash during mid race and retired the car).

The pack was close in the first stint i only pulled 4sec away before the SOFT runners did there pitstops, so i took the lead until my pitstop and regained in 2nd position. After that i didn't loose any time anymore to the leader (+/- 14/16 sec). And was also 15 sec ahead of P3. Remained until race end. On the last stint on the SOFT gained on the leader and finished second, 11sec after the leader.

So race leader, was only faster because he did a S/H/S strategy (some drivers behind me had also this strategy, but i held some 4 laps up and after that it was no problem anymore). So i think the H/H/S strategy worked (two times soft was also possible, but 3 times soft seemed to be impossible to me)

Matt qualified 10th, and in the first stint slowly moved forwards (was always 10sec behind me). I think Matt had problems with the pitstops, because during the second stint, i saw Matt showing up on my relative (i was driving 10sec behind him to lap him, but didn't catched him, he was even a few tenths faster). Finished 10th
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:21:50 PM +0000 by BiriBiri » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2021, 10:53:23 AM +0000 »

I was doing ok in the 1st part, I could see Birger up the road 2 or 3 cars in front
He was pulling away slowly, but the people I was with were very polite and there were
no dive bombers. All went well until the pitstops, where, as usual, I messed up.

1st prob was pull off the track onto the little slip road before the pit entrance, and had a speeding in the pits
drive through  Shocked and I hadn't got to the pits yet! Then while messing with the pit board to say yes, which it seems you
don't need to do, I managed to turn off replace rears, so went round again and did the drive through at 0.2 MPH
just to make sure.... Then I might have got yet another drive through in stop 2, and ended up not last, but way back

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2021, 11:04:31 AM +0000 »

Macau with big cars? I love Macau, but that hairpin  Shocked

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2021, 12:08:31 PM +0000 »

Macau with big cars? I love Macau, but that hairpin  Shocked

Not a fan of Macau, too many walls!  Grin  Also I'm not very quick in GT3s, just cannot get them to go fast. So it will be a choice between GTL or AC here this week, tempted to try the AC race, Porsche 718RS at Bridgehampton.

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2021, 01:00:28 PM +0000 »

I always wanted to do a Macau race. So i`m thinking about participation on wednesday.

Did 1 race in the F3:
Difficult to do the Melco hairpin (full steer lock, and raised front ride height). During the turn you need to push the throttle, to spin a little the rear of the car. I`m 90% able to make the hairpin, and only in 10% of the cases without incident point (so i will almost always slightly hit the barrier).

Friday at 18:00 did 1 race, during prac and quali i was able to set a time together with 2 other drivers, but with 5min on the clock everyone quit the race (so no race  Sad)

Today i did the GT3 race:
If you reduce enough your speed, it is easy to do the Melco hairpin. I`m now even reducing the max steer lock (because i experienced understeer during all other turns).

Race was fun (only 5 drivers), Starting on pole, but need to train my starts, lost a place. But regained it at the Melco hairpin.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2021, 01:32:26 PM +0000 »

I have increased lock, and had a few goes, but so far have only got round Melco once
without hitting something however slow and carefull I am. I will try again in the week
but so far I won't be doing the event on Weds.

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2021, 11:29:21 AM +0000 »

I have increased lock, and had a few goes, but so far have only got round Melco once
without hitting something however slow and carefull I am. I will try again in the week
but so far I won't be doing the event on Weds.

I'm driving the McLaren, you need to drive towards the yellow Bus Stop marking to the left of the track (thats my turn in point), and then turn right at full lock. To early and you hit the barrier in the middle.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2021, 03:21:01 PM +0000 »

Not Enduro's but I took the plunge on Sunday afternoon and had a couple of good races in the Rookie NSU's races at Brands Hatch. Will definitely have a go at them again.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2021, 05:49:45 PM +0000 »

I generally would do GTL on Weds, but if it's something that looks appealing I might do a R3E Enduro.
I will have another go at Melco, I was in the Z4 because I thought it to be the narrowest car  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com