The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:48:04 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17GPL Salzburgring: June 09, 2021
June 09, 2021, 04:29:16 PM +0100 - Salzburgring - UKAC Season 17 F1 1967
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 49b (DFV) {unknown} 2 +0.195
---
1 51:35.501
---
38 1:20.408
---
Firestone +40.0kg
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Honda RA300 {unknown} 3 +0.588
---
2 +15.638
---
38 1:20.972
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket

BRM P83 {unknown} 4 +1.351
---
3 +27.097
---
38 1:20.922
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) {unknown} 7 +2.105
---
4 +59.603
---
38 1:21.880
---
Goodyear  
Juge

Lotus 49b (DFV) {unknown} 1 1:19.774
---
5 +1L
---
37 1:20.570
---
Firestone +40.0kg
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 312 (1967) {unknown} 6 +1:05.992
---
37 1:22.592
---
Firestone +30.0kg
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus 49b (DFV) {unknown} 8 +3.212
---
7 +3L
---
35 1:22.730
---
Firestone +40.0kg
L4de

Cooper T81b (Maserati) {unknown} 9 +3.448
---
8 +20L
---
18 1:23.120
---
Firestone  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Cooper T81b (Maserati) {unknown} 5 +1.870
---
9 +1.064
---
18 1:22.489
---
Firestone  
KDiesel

BRM P83 {unknown} 10 +27:45:20.225
---
10 +28L
---
10 1:25.730
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) {unknown} 6 +1.932
---
11 +29L
---
9 1:22.654
---
Firestone +30.0kg
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
McLaren M5A (BRM) {unknown} DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Jos Ogos
 Crank of Brothers
Cooper T81b (Maserati) {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear +40.0kg
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear +40.0kg
DrNedrick

Brabham BT24 (Repco) {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
Barone
 Magnesium Team
Ferrari 312 (1967) {unknown} ---
---
Firestone +30.0kg
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:19.774
---
Juge
Qualifying
Lotus 49b (DFV)
+40.0kg
June 09, 2021, 04:29:16 PM +0100
A17GPL
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:20.408
---
Lorenzo Galluzzi
Race
Lotus 49b (DFV)
+40.0kg
June 09, 2021, 04:29:16 PM +0100
A17GPL
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 F1 1967 - Salzburgring - Jun 9  (Read 1463 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2021, 05:48:33 PM +0100 »

Password: see above

Welcome to round 5 of the 1st UKAC GPL67 Series

Salzburg is a historic track in Austria and a popular choice in GPL, the AC version features the more modern layout with chicanes added at the start and end of the start straight.
The 1st chicane after the start features non-collidable tire bundles and a poorly defined race area. The race track is to be defined in this instance as being between the 2 tire bundles - if you drive through them that will be considered corner cutting and normal penalties will be applied.

- UPDATE -
After asking Google how to make stuff solid in AC I've modified the files and created some concrete tire bundles, I've also added some substance to the pit buildings and the loose tires around the first chicane (some are treated as walls as the track allows you to cut there, the 2 nearest the right hand tire bundle are treated as kerbs so you can avoid hitting the big obstacle without totalling your car as are the ones after the 2nd bundle - hit them at speed and you'll likely roll Wink ).

The track link below has been changed to my dropbox for the new layout, I've set it up as an separate track so you won't need to overwrite anything Smiley

Damage and fuel use:

100% damage
100% fuel use
0% Tire wear (This is actually far more accurate than the mods' built in wear rate and 'fixes' the BRM)
Drivers must complete 50% of each race to score.

With the above in mind you will want to treat the first lap or two very carefully while your tires warm up and you adapt to driving on a heavy fuel load.
The 1st lap will be moderated

As per the 1967 F1 scoring system, each driver will discard their worst 2 scores when the points are calculated at the end of the season (Done for you in LM2)

BoP will be as follows:

Lotus & Eagle = 40Kgs
Ferrari           = 30Kgs

There will be no success ballast.

Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (38 laps)

Track:
 Salzburgring
https://www.dropbox.com/s/en4anqouw62c00q/salzburgring_online.rar?dl=0

Cars allowed:
3l 1967 F1 from the GPL67 mod.
I've put them on dropbox for now as the original download was apparently VERY slow:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o719sdx2kohk668/AC%20GPL67%20V2.20.rar?dl=0

Instructions on installing the carset can be found in the 2nd post of the registration thread - here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=24972.msg480312#msg480312
You MUST follow these instructions in order to install and use the mod
:

Live Timing: here (Only available in the week up to the race)

Time of Day Setting: 15:30
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: 0%
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required
Damage: 100%

Server track settings: (Stock FAST setting - temps are same as ever)
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=0.007
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship announcement page
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 03:49:29 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 05:33:53 PM +0100 »

Hi Tim,

I guess you would take into consideration if ever a driver accidentaly cuts this chicane but deliberately slows himself down enough immediately after so that he clearly didn't get any advantage by doing so ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 05:58:06 PM +0100 »

Yeah, these cars are b*****ds to drive so I can't really expect perfect accuracy from everyone for 50 mins (I'll be amazed if I can manage it frankly, the the series moderator has no hope then the 'punters' don't either Wink ).
Essentially treat the chicane as though the tires are concrete and redress any advantage if you make an error and you'll be good Grin

The rules are quoted as encouragement to make the corner really, it WILL happen in the heat of battle - but I just don't want people taking the mikey
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 02:29:20 PM +0100 »

I'm out for this one. I seem to be missing textures for the gravel traps which appear as sky. The track just looks a mess and makes judging distances particularly into the chicane impossible.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 03:04:09 PM +0100 »

Odd - there are comments saying that turning off grass FX in CSP fixes that bug. I haven't changed anything on my system though and it worked properly off the bat so assumed it had been fixed...
Try turning those off and giving it another go Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 01:39:35 PM +0100 »

i have same issue as GT with the textures completely jumbled up and mirror reflections for gravel etc.  Im assuming its a content manager shaders issue of some sorts  Undecided as we've used this track before without any problems.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 01:51:57 PM +0100 »

Did you try the fix I put in the post above?
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 02:14:07 PM +0100 »

Disabling Grass fx in custom shaders patch settings sorted the textures problem.....thanks.

Now who's going to volunteer to stand at that chicane all night and determine the fine line between deliberate/accidental cutting and how much drivers lift when they think they might have cut. I just drove half a dozen laps thinking I was going through cleanly and only realised on the replay my wheels were clipping the tyres every time.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2021, 02:51:29 PM +0100 »

Disabling Grass fx in custom shaders patch settings sorted the textures problem.....thanks.

Now who's going to volunteer to stand at that chicane all night and determine the fine line between deliberate/accidental cutting and how much drivers lift when they think they might have cut. I just drove half a dozen laps thinking I was going through cleanly and only realised on the replay my wheels were clipping the tyres every time.

I get that fun Sad
But that's why I make a custom camera - I can just leave the replay on fast forward...
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2021, 04:37:07 PM +0100 »

It's a shame that those tyres/containers (can't remember) aren't concrete indeed. But if you manage to drive as if you actually were in that car, thanks to a deep immersion, you won't clip them for sure..  Cheesy
I think even a quarter of a wheel should be considered as problematic imo, because if not, everyone will try to brush them all the time, so much time to save in such a place. And the question remains for the qualif, how could we manage that aspect Tim ? (Just popped in my mind..) Couldn't anyone have the skills & tools to edit the track files to make them concrete ? That would make things much better and simpler in the end.  Roll Eyes

On a side note : It'll be my last race before at least Goodwood or more likely Monza as I go on holidays.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 04:58:40 PM +0100 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 05:30:37 PM +0100 »

Sadly my forays into modding haven't got as far as track building. In qualifying we are stuck relying solely on driver honesty.
I need to start as far up as possible in the BRM to minimise how far backwards I then go once the race is underway Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2021, 11:08:27 AM +0100 »

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

It's a shame that those tyres/containers (can't remember) aren't concrete indeed. But if you manage to drive as if you actually were in that car, thanks to a deep immersion, you won't clip them for sure..  Cheesy

I've found how to make the tires solid so am hastily throwing together a 'new' track with collidable objects - it will be EXACTLY the same as the one in the link otherwise so just copy your setups across to it.
I'm also taking the opportunity to make the pit buildings solid too after discovering I can drive through all the walls Grin

After the event I'll contact who-ever made the track and see if I can upload it more permanently to RD, or at least continue to use my version here.

I'm saving it under a different track name to prevent people joining with the 'wimpy' version and driving through the tires while the rest of us explode. This also prevents you having to muck about doing backups etc...

I'll change the download link and put a post up once my version is ready thumbup1
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2021, 02:51:27 PM +0100 »

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I've found how to make the tires solid so am hastily throwing together a 'new' track with collidable objects - it will be EXACTLY the same as the one in the link otherwise so just copy your setups across to it.
I'm also taking the opportunity to make the pit buildings solid too after discovering I can drive through all the walls Grin

After the event I'll contact who-ever made the track and see if I can upload it more permanently to RD, or at least continue to use my version here.

I'm saving it under a different track name to prevent people joining with the 'wimpy' version and driving through the tires while the rest of us explode. This also prevents you having to muck about doing backups etc...

I'll change the download link and put a post up once my version is ready thumbup1

Great job Tim !!  clap thumbup1 thumbup2
I knew you'd be able to do this !  laugh

Oww, and as you're used to make miracles, could make my team asking me to be lent to Honda, Ferrari or Lotus for this round ?  Tongue

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 04:19:35 PM +0100 »

Quick update, I'll upload the track to the server and restart it when I get back from walking the dog. So 30 mins or so..
The track link is pointing at my version in the first post if you want to get ahead of me...
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 04:56:49 PM +0100 »

The modified track can be found here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/en4anqouw62c00q/salzburgring_online.rar?dl=0

This is a standalone track so just drop it into your tracks folder as usual. Once it has copied across you should see it appear below Salzburgring in the tracks directory (Online you'll load the correct version automatically once I've reset the server).
The folder name should be "salzburgring_online" just so you're sure you've got it right Smiley

The server is now live!

Please can people test it and let me know if it works as well on the server as it is on my PC.
(I already know the AI are utterly inept on it as they seem to aim for the tires Grin see here: https://youtu.be/4CYgxXW9ylQ
I guess this is why the tires have no collision properties...)

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com