Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 11:16:06 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Laguna Seca test: January 02, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR2 Laguna Seca test race - Jan 2  (Read 8435 times)
jan duijs

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2007, 10:57:38 PM +0000 »

Had lots of fun ,very hard track to drive in the rain,had  these blue flags warnings for the first 15 min then they stopped thank god!!
Maybe try Road America??
Elises were unbeatable tonight Angry .Driving in the rain is a thrill we should do that more often.

Jan
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2007, 11:06:07 PM +0000 »

Nice racing Leuven. Almost had you after that drag race on s/f straight.  Cool  Didn't want to hold my line, as we could both go out and it might have spoiled a great evening.  Smiley

Good show Legends! 2nd, 5th, 8th, 15th! Cool

Don, next time you have to collect only the car before me, not me as well.  Cheesy

TT

Yeah maybe if the race finished on that lap you probably might have pipped me for the line with your better exit out of the final turn.  sweatdrop
I felt a nudge from you which must have been you letting me know you were still there  Wink, initially thought it was some sort of lag at first and you couldn't see me, but it wasn't. good consistency there too.
Until we meet again......... 

Didn't enjoy the sudden FPS drop at the corkscrew much neither. scared

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2007, 11:20:25 PM +0000 »

Viper FTW!!!  Wink Sad Roll Eyes :'(  wheelchair

I love the wet but this car was just taking the p***********s Cheesy

On lap one blue flags for 3 laps and yellows poping up like crazy. Low fps and dangerous curbs at corkscrew.

So when are we going 100% wet  Grin

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Paul Cowan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 07:18:34 AM +0000 »

I decided to take the Elise at the last moment and was pleased to get 10th in qual after little practise.

Race was good for a few laps as I gained a few spots, due to fortune rather than skill. lol

Unfortunately, I clipped the sand on approach to the corkscrew and got beached on the kerb. Sad
Munkez

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2007, 02:45:48 PM +0000 »

Missed out on what seemed like a very fun race...... shame!

A little off topic, but are there any plans to run an Elise cup as was done in GTR1?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2007, 02:55:29 PM +0000 »

A little off topic, but are there any plans to run an Elise cup as was done in GTR1?

Probably not during the normal season, but it is a possibility during the off-season.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
stnasky

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2007, 04:56:42 PM +0000 »

Qualified in 15th with a 1.35, although in the practice before hand i was doing 1.34s. Undecided  Race started,  and it was nose to tail thru turn 1 with me hugging a tight defensive line to put off any would be chancers.  Managed to move up a spot after Pablos bad luck just before the corkscrew.  By that stage there was a que forming up behind Reign Man.

Heading into T1 on lap 2 Jonzo had a look down the inside of Reign Man,  but backed off probably because of the spinners on the road ahead.  Reign Man then went defensive into T2 which slowed him and Jonzo quite abit, allowing me to cut back across Jonzo and get a run on him for T3.  On exit of T3 i then had a run on Reign Man, and passed him into T4.  sweatdrop good heads up driving by Jonzo and Reign Man as they gave plenty room. Wink

So after breaking away from the group, i put the head down in an attempt to catch the car infront.  As the laps went on [R24-7] James ran slightly wide at T5, again allowing me to get a run up into the corkscrew for 5th place.

The race was fairly quiet from then on,  Until i could see Jonzo pushing hard and closing in on me.  So then i made sure to keep a gap of 1-2 secs.  In the end i was losing it due to a light car, rain and tyres that where feeling the strain.  I reakon another lap and Jonzo would of had me for sure. surrender

Good racing Tongue Grin

Welldone to Leuven, TT, Paul, very quick..

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 07:30:11 PM +0000 by stnasky » Logged
Pedro[PL]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2007, 05:05:45 PM +0000 »

Placed 3rd after qualifications. Not bad at all. Unfortunately I decided to set wing at 9 for race (to compensate for the tire wear) and it apparently made my Elise turtle slow at straights. Overtaking anyone was impossible. I was able to catch most of the guys mid corner to loose 2s just after corner exit (those M3s seemed to have 50hp more than me!).

Another thing was my aggression level. I guess most of you guys drove much more aggressive as this was a fun race. I dove the way I do in a regular league which ended loosing places to guys that were able to put their front bumper just an inch "under my wing". Silly me I gave them space everytime and run wide / tight. I should have just stuck to racing line and leave them with problems.

Race ended with corkscrew hang-up. Something should be done to those curbs!

As this race was all about testing I noticed the following:

- high tire wear at sand traps
- blue flag notifications without reason
- dissapearing hands of my driver
- terrible framerate at corkscrew and the following 2 turns
- dissapearing tire groove at Q2 and race
- inaccurate / missing information on the time gap
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 05:08:18 PM +0000 by Pedro[PL] » Logged

Just can't wait to buy a wheel! Then I will show you all! Cheesy
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2007, 09:47:11 PM +0000 »

Hi Dave Simon Guys B puter zapped the power supply as I was about to log in  Angry Roll Eyes. Ripped my spare puter apart and jury rigged main puter to work but raid had its knickers in a twist taz cursing censored and have just finished loading it back to gether clap thumbup2. cheers all gerald
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2007, 11:42:55 PM +0000 »

blink blink blink wacko smartass

TT
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2007, 11:45:02 PM +0000 »

Placed 3rd after qualifications. Not bad at all. Unfortunately I decided to set wing at 9 for race (to compensate for the tire wear) and it apparently made my Elise turtle slow at straights. Overtaking anyone was impossible. I was able to catch most of the guys mid corner to loose 2s just after corner exit (those M3s seemed to have 50hp more than me!).

Another thing was my aggression level. I guess most of you guys drove much more aggressive as this was a fun race. I dove the way I do in a regular league which ended loosing places to guys that were able to put their front bumper just an inch "under my wing". Silly me I gave them space everytime and run wide / tight. I should have just stuck to racing line and leave them with problems.

Race ended with corkscrew hang-up. Something should be done to those curbs!

As this race was all about testing I noticed the following:

- high tire wear at sand traps
- blue flag notifications without reason
- dissapearing hands of my driver
- terrible framerate at corkscrew and the following 2 turns
- dissapearing tire groove at Q2 and race
- inaccurate / missing information on the time gap

I agree with all of the above. I think everyone had these problems (was wondering where the black tyre marks had gone), so might be an issue to race at Laguna atm.
The kerbs at the corkscrew are viscious, I got stuck there for about a minute!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2007, 06:47:49 PM +0000 »

I've reviewed a couple of reported incidents; the report is here.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com