The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 09:48:08 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E Shanghai: June 27, 2021
June 27, 2021, 08:21:25 PM +0100 - Shanghai (GP) - RRE
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 1 +2:04.897
---
1 40:25.101
---
19 4 2:04.588
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS Evo GT3 2 +2:05.548
---
2 +23.714
---
19 4 2:04.887
---
Pirelli  
azaris

Chevrolet Corvette C7-R GT3 4 +2:06.468
---
3 +25.499
---
19 4 2:05.703
---
Pirelli  
Daz9

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 5 +2:06.524
---
4 +47.458
---
19 4 2:05.627
---
Pirelli  
Chunky

BMW Z4 GT3 GT3 3 +2:05.641
---
5 +1:01.363
---
19 4 2:05.562
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren 650S GT3 GT3 6 +2:09.166
---
6 +1L
---
18 4 2:07.850
---
Pirelli  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3
---
7 +13L 6 1 2:06.786
---
unknown
Pirelli  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE - Shanghai - Jun 27  (Read 631 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2021, 10:28:10 PM +0100 »

FUN RACE

Practice: 20:00 (30 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 (40 mins)

Cars allowed: GTR3 class

Circuit: Shanghai GP
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit Stops: mandatory pit stop window, change at least 2 tyres

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the relevant Track Packs for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 07:54:18 PM +0100 »

dont forget about the pitstop, i will be setting mine up during qualifying and just let the game execute it.

Also remember to respect the pitlane speed as the game will punish you with a drive through if you exceed it
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 07:56:10 PM +0100 »

3 updates since the big one ......

Not a big fan of the FFB tbh...only done a couple of competiton laps at brno but not feel much through the wheel. Yes the basic resistance is high, but its the audio clues still for me i'm relying on.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 08:07:37 PM +0100 »

Not sure I will make it, cannot get Raceroom to do todays update.
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 09:38:48 AM +0100 »

Well I did make it, but only after restarting my PC, Raceroom would not download yesterday's update initially so would not start.

I never used to like Shanghai but it has grown on me, now it is just that horrible T1-2 section that I am not keen on. Race went well & I even managed to complete my pitstop without a speeding penalty, something that has bugged me several times in ranked enduros that I have competed in. Bit puzzled why some people had much longer pitstops, did you change 4 tyres or add fuel too? I was only a couple of seconds ahead of Mark before stopping, which became nearly 20s after.

Congrats to Mark & Toni on the podium  clap clap & good to see my old GT Legends sparring partner Daz joining us, hope to see more of him in future.  thumbup1
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 10:25:54 AM +0100 »

I changed fronts only, no fuel, and leapfrogged to second (not sure what happened to John). I assume Mark changed all four as he was quite a bit faster than me in the end but only managed to pass on the second to last lap. The Vette is quite understeery so I preferred to change the fronts so my rears were at sub-60% by the end. It was fun, even if the GT3s in my opinion did not benefit as much from the new FFB as other cars did.
Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 11:17:57 AM +0100 »

Nightmare! decided to take the BMW Z4 which I haven't a clue why just looked fun which it wasn't lol! not sure about the new FFB the steering feels really heavy round corners even when turned down to 1.4 - 1.5! no where near the red line and quite difficult around this track. I am having really trouble with the GT3 cars I just don't seem to have a handle on them since the update. I think I will have to spend a bit of time working it out.
Pit stop was a disaster and got a drive through for speeding press the button but it didn't work for split second but that's all it takes. looking forward to the series as I love the GT3 cars grats to Geoff Mark and Toni

hopefully a better showing at the next one as crew chief wasn't too happy and was swearing at me lol.
JP
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 12:03:01 PM +0100 »

Agree about the FFB, on my G29 the recommended settings made the steering far too heavy in the corners, so going on advice on S3 forum I have reduced overall FFB strength from 100% to 80% & reduced linearity to 65%. I have also had to reduce FFB multiplier on each car from around 1.6-1.8 to 1.0-1.2 depending on the car. I am also using 50% bump amplification otherwise kerbs are hardly noticeable through the steering, I may even increase it more. I get the impression that the new FFB works well on DD wheels but is a bit so-so on belt drives.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2021, 12:59:07 PM +0100 »

Missed this one as I was throwing my Honda round Curborough with some real racing.
I will sort the results later today.

I really am begining to think I am losing it.... I am feeling no difference to the FFB
with any upddates. I must be a real philistine.... It was fine before, and is fine now

Ditto, if Daz came out to play as well  thumbup1

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2021, 02:21:41 PM +0100 »

That'll be me then.....

Splashed out on RRE and ACC on saturday afternoon, but only purchased the DTM 92 pack. Just wanted to give it a go with stuff I know I enjoy really, so bought the cheapest set of classic stuff I could see, the way the buying in this is organised (if it is) is most definitely leaning heavily on the side of the developer not the consumer in my opinion. However, I fired RRE up for the first time on saturday night, and was delighted that it felt nice to drive.

Messaged Geoff to say I had downloaded it, he informed me that there was a race on sunday night. Turns out I needed more content though, so had to buy the track pack (Geoff should be on commission) and also a GTR3 car as I didn't have one at all. It's rare I can resist a 911, so went that route. No idea on the relative competitiveness of the cars, it's just the one I liked the best.

All this was at 7.45 on sunday night, so by the time I had figured out how to find the server, and joined, I still had not turned a lap. On that basis, I was pleased to have a clean race, with no spins. These modern things are not really my bag, but it was pretty good fun, although nigh on impossible for me to overtake the Corvette in front for the first half of the race. I did try, but gave the place back as I felt it was too robust as I locked up into the hairpin, apologies to chap in the Vette.....Then the pitstop, had virtually no idea what I was doing, adding fuel and took 4 tires I believe, so came out a long way back for the second stint. Pace seemed OK, not as quick as Geoff, but made steady progress across quali and the race.

All in all a reasonable run out for a first go, thanks for having me. Can't promise to do all the races, some of this modern stuff really isn't my cup of tea, too much aero etc.....but I will try to join a few for sure.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2021, 05:33:37 PM +0100 »

Lol well done for just turning up then Daz!

I thought there was a physics change but I just loaded an old Audi setup and felt pretty much like its always done! I only dropped the FFb value down in the setup page, left the FFB settings page on defaults, but tbh i wouldnt call it 'feedback'. Is it more trying to transmit the tyre forces or the steering forces? No real FFb spikes over kurbs but mainly based on how far you have turned the steering and speed.

Matt on default loading into a car the force required to turn the wheel had increased massively.

I really hate this track, that first sequence is just horrible but managed to keep from losing it each time, so happy with that! I did change 4 tyres which said about 35 secs? So coming back out surprised to see Geoff so far ahead, was wondering if you had just put fuel in it tbh!

Fun chase in the last stint but could never get in a position to overtake other than down the straight.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2021, 05:50:49 PM +0100 »

So coming back out surprised to see Geoff so far ahead, was wondering if you had just put fuel in it tbh!

No I just changed the front tyres, but like you I am surprised it made that much difference.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2021, 07:14:57 PM +0100 »

nice to see a decent turnout for this one. The game update really caught me out.

default FFB seems useless now (i couldnt feel any understeer at all (was relying on the sound of the tyre screech in my earphones))

all my incar views are screwed up and the mirror has stopped working, looks like i need to spend a few hours getting RRE setup again.

i never really got on the pace during the race, the lack of FFB kept catching me out and i spun about 5 times!

The new DTM2020 series will begin in 2 weeks time!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com