The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 06:06:50 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17GPL Hockenheim: June 23, 2021
June 23, 2021, 04:29:48 PM +0100 - Hockenheim (1965-2001) - UKAC Season 17 F1 1967
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 49b (DFV) {unknown} 2 +0.433
---
1 48:33.114
---
26 1:51.129
---
Firestone +40.0kg
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Honda RA300 {unknown} 1 1:50.542
---
2 +10.516
---
26 1:50.840
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket

BRM P83 {unknown} 3 +0.598
---
3 +45.438
---
26 1:51.497
---
Goodyear  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 312 (1967) {unknown} 4 +2.025
---
4 +1L
---
25 1:53.149
---
Firestone +30.0kg
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) {unknown} 5 +2.703
---
5 +10.122
---
25 1:53.966
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

BRM P83 {unknown} 7 +7.335
---
6 +23L
---
3 1:56.676
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Cooper T81b (Maserati) {unknown} 6 +4.413
---
7 +50.784
---
3 2:02.906
---
Firestone  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
McLaren M5A (BRM) {unknown} DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 312 (1967) {unknown} ---
---
Firestone +30.0kg
Jos Ogos
 Crank of Brothers
Cooper T81b (Maserati) {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Cooper T81b (Maserati) {unknown} ---
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear +40.0kg
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear +40.0kg
Juge

Lotus 49b (DFV) {unknown} ---
---
Firestone +40.0kg
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lotus 49b (DFV) {unknown} ---
---
Firestone +40.0kg
DrNedrick

Brabham BT24 (Repco) {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
Barone
 Magnesium Team
Ferrari 312 (1967) {unknown} ---
---
Firestone +30.0kg
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:50.542
---
Fabri Fibra
Qualifying
Honda RA300June 23, 2021, 04:29:48 PM +0100
A17GPL
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:50.840
---
Fabri Fibra
Race
Honda RA300June 23, 2021, 04:29:48 PM +0100
A17GPL
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 F1 1967 - Hockenheim - Jun 23  (Read 718 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2021, 11:24:22 AM +0100 »

Password: see above

Welcome to round 7 of the 1st UKAC GPL67 Series

As a break from the constant corners of Fonteny we're off to the decidedly straight and simple Hockenheim GP circuit.

Damage and fuel use:

100% damage
100% fuel use
0% Tire wear (This is actually far more accurate than the mods' built in wear rate and 'fixes' the BRM)
Drivers must complete 50% of each race to score.

With the above in mind you will want to treat the first lap or two very carefully while your tires warm up and you adapt to driving on a heavy fuel load.

The 1st lap will be moderated

As per the 1967 F1 scoring system, each driver will discard their worst 2 scores when the points are calculated at the end of the season (Done for you in LM2)

BoP will be as follows:

Lotus & Eagle = 40Kgs
Ferrari           = 30Kgs

There will be no success ballast.

Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (26 laps)

Track:
 Hockenheim GP
https://sellfy.com/f3classictracks/p/fqKN/

Cars allowed:
3l 1967 F1 from the GPL67 mod.
I've put them on dropbox for now as the original download was apparently VERY slow:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o719sdx2kohk668/AC%20GPL67%20V2.20.rar?dl=0

Instructions on installing the carset can be found in the 2nd post of the registration thread - here: https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=24972.msg480312#msg480312
You MUST follow these instructions in order to install and use the mod
:

Live Timing: here (Only available in the week up to the race)

Time of Day Setting: 10:00
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: 0%
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required
Damage: 100%

Server track settings: (Stock FAST setting - temps are same as ever)
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=0.007
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

(2) Driver lists can be found on the championship announcement page
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 01:08:14 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 06:16:48 PM +0100 »

Mh.. I bought the track and might be able to make the race, but the Cooper is so off pace on such a top speed track.  Undecided

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 06:39:14 PM +0100 »

It's a free track so unless you were, feeling generous you didn't need to!
If people were buying we'd have used Rouen Wink
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 07:02:40 PM +0100 »

Yes, Maxime. Having used the Cooper for a championship on SRO, I can say that on these tracks with long straights the car is not competitive. But there will probably be slower cars too.
Certainly Hockenheim is a track that favors cars with a high top speed, such as Honda, Eagle and Lotus.

Here I can finally take advantage of my V12 Honda, which has a lot of power, but it is all on top and therefore penalizes acceleration on normal tracks, and the car is also quite heavy.
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 10:26:37 PM +0100 »

Yes, Maxime. Having used the Cooper for a championship on SRO, I can say that on these tracks with long straights the car is not competitive. But there will probably be slower cars too.
Certainly Hockenheim is a track that favors cars with a high top speed, such as Honda, Eagle and Lotus.

Here I can finally take advantage of my V12 Honda, which has a lot of power, but it is all on top and therefore penalizes acceleration on normal tracks, and the car is also quite heavy.

Hehe indeed mate, it's your very spot to get the bay tree around your neck. Your Honda aero is a key aspect too I think ?

Also known as "Solmyr"
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 10:28:28 PM +0100 »

It's a free track so unless you were, feeling generous you didn't need to!
If people were buying we'd have used Rouen Wink

Haha, well yes, let's say I was in generous mode ! Or I thought it was like the other ones and put 1$ by habit..  Roll Eyes Grin

Also known as "Solmyr"
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 07:44:52 PM +0100 »

I think it is simply a thing deriving from the engine power, as aerodynamic penetration I don't think there are too many differences. I guess the car with the best CX could be the Lotus.

In this mod the Honda should have the most horsepower of all, 430 bhp. The weight is also among the highest though. There are several cars that are above 400 bph, therefore with more or less similar top speeds.
The disadvantage in race of V12 engines is that they consume about 20% more than, for example, the Ford Cosworth DFV.

In reality it is difficult to say how many hp the Honda really had, perhaps less than those declared.
In any case, it won on one of the fastest tracks, Monza. But only because Clark had run out of fuel (he also had a puncture in the first few laps). Smiley

IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 06:24:14 PM +0100 »

Sorry guys, won't race tonight, didn't put a single lap and still things to do. Quite some preparation before going to Nevers Magny-Cours for 'classic days'.

Also known as "Solmyr"
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2021, 07:56:22 PM +0100 »

Internet at 0.45mbs download speed, telling BT Openreach to stick it tomorrow, been like it over two weeks now and had enough. Have fun.
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2021, 10:29:34 PM +0100 »

Grats podium.
I went straight on the entrance to the stadium section on lap 9, then hit something like an invisible barrier, or it felt like that to me. That spun me around quite a few times, and I wasn't sure where I was after that. I ended up crossing through the stadium section and that resulted in a dropped lap. I suspect something like that happened with Goldtop as well. I also lost around 15kph off my top speed, with my front red after the collision. As if I wasn't slow enough. The rest of the race I was easy picking for Tim and Goldtop (twice) after their problems put them behind me.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 07:35:13 AM +0100 »

The 'invisible object' had been in a no holds barred fight for 2nd with Fabri until you hit it.
I was forced to pit the following lap as the damage to my car was so severe, and went on to finish over half a minute down Angry

As for dropping a lap, you can't expect to cut over half a kilometre from the course and not get penalised by the game.
I can't speak for the rules back then, but nowadays you'd receive a heavy time penalty/pit lane penalty/potential DQ for that on any track where it's possible. Largely because of the dangers it causes when crossing live sections of track - as was perfectly demonstrated here.

In GT's case it looks to be a bug as he slowed his car and did all he could to rejoin before the next corner (around the 200m mark on the picture below), I know that Sergio has updates in the pipeline for this track so I might email him and highlight that the track cut is a little too severe for cars that still try and rejoin.

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 11:34:26 AM +0100 »

You actually hit me  Grin

Jokes aside, I touched the gravel under braking which destabilized the car, and then locked my wheels and went onto the grass. At that point I was just a passenger, I was trying to slow down the car, but it kept going until it crossed back onto the track,  right in front of you. After several spins from the impact (I didn't know what happened at that moment) I knew even less where I was, and when I finally found some tarmac, I knew I had cut quite a bit of the track. But I didn't end up gaining time, as I was just ahead of Goldtop before, and some 6-7 seconds behind after the incident.
I think the biggest problem was that there wasn't anything to stop me from cutting. On the modern track, in your picture, there is a big wall there, with barriers.  I don't know if track creator was trying to be historically accurate, but something should be put there.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2021, 12:05:33 PM +0100 »

Had a bad start after a decent quali and was last coming out of T1  Roll Eyes Unfortunately both Kimi and Jari had early incidents so I only had Syd to race so was a shame he went off when he did.

A few laps later I got greedy going into the stadium and out braked myself but was then surprised to lose a lap for such a minor excursion. I would definitely be having a moan if it had cost me a place.

Well done to Lorenzo, Fabri and Tim  Cool

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2021, 12:28:00 PM +0100 »

Didn't expect to win yesterday, Fabri and his Honda were faster on this track.

After qualifying second, i lost 2 positions at the start, the first gear is always a problem for me. In the first straight is got a monstre slipstrem from 3 cars, that allowed me to get the first place in front of Tim.
Didn't expect to pull away from Tim and Fabri, anyway i built some gap and was able to manage it until the end.

Not looking forward to Goodwood, not my favourite track, but after it my home race!

Thanks everybody for racing

Lorenzo
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2021, 03:55:30 PM +0100 »

Great race Lorenzo, your multiple overtaking on the first straight made the difference. The pace throughout the race was remarkable, never giving me the chance to mend the gap accumulated in the first laps.
Total domination, you always win!

I knew that my race would be more difficult than the flying lap because I would have loaded a lot of fuel and the car for the first part of the race would be clumsy, having the additional weight all ahead which also ruins the convergence.

I had planned to stay calm in the slipstream for the whole first part of the race and then attack in the second, obviously it didn't go like this.  Cheesy
I also thought of avoiding any attack on the left side of the first straight due to the damaged asphalt and which had given problems during the race with the 908s.
Instead Lorenzo passed three cars at that point, reaching over 320 km/h, without great troubles.  Grin
The only thing I had tried and that worked quite well was the start, it was not easy to start with a 130 km/h first gear without ending up under the torque.

I would have done the first two laps with caution anyway to see that there were no technical problems with my PC.

For the rest, I had to fight for a while with Syd, then a little more with Tim. The battle was getting interesting, but then sadly there was that strange contact with another car. At that moment I didn't even realize it had happened. At first I thought that maybe the green car was Lorenzo, then I saw that it was a Brabham and I thought that some fan had stolen the car from the pits and started wandering around the stadium.
I probably would have won the battle with Tim in the long run, but surely I would have had to sweat a lot.

All this made me accumulate a gap of over 10 seconds from Lorenzo that I tried to narrow down, failing.

I don't like Goodwood either, but I like Monza, another track where my Honda could be effective.  Cool

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 11:29:40 PM +0100 by Fabri Fibra » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com