The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 09:53:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Car choice for this weeks race  (Voting closed: June 25, 2021, 09:49:48 PM +0100)
GT3 - 5 (83.3%)
Aquila CR1 - 1 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sunday night race at Shanghai  (Read 460 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2021, 09:49:48 PM +0100 »

Thought i would do a vote for this weeks race, i love the GT3's but will go with whichever way the vote goes.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 12:46:37 PM +0100 »

Voted GT3, The Aquila is a nice car, LMP3 like but just feel the track is too 'big' for it.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 01:40:53 PM +0100 »

Voted GT3, The Aquila is a nice car, LMP3 like but just feel the track is too 'big' for it.

Same here.

Also it gives me an excuse to have a play with the GT3s now that we have new ffb that I can actually feel.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2021, 05:27:08 PM +0100 »

I assume GT3 includes ADAC 2020 etc., as that is the only series where the AMG EVO and Bentley EVO are currently available?

Luckily the new FFB is more AMS1 and less AC so looks like more R3E for me in the future.  Grin
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2021, 01:02:30 PM +0100 »

I assume GT3 includes ADAC 2020 etc., as that is the only series where the AMG EVO and Bentley EVO are currently available?

Luckily the new FFB is more AMS1 and less AC so looks like more R3E for me in the future.  Grin
As far as i know the ADAC cars are the same as the normal GT3's just with a different paint scheme. I will look into it tonight
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2021, 03:09:57 PM +0100 »

As far as i know the ADAC cars are the same as the normal GT3's just with a different paint scheme. I will look into it tonight

Most are, but the Bentley & Mercedes in the ADAC 2020 pack are not the same as the normal GTR3 versions. As Toni says, these are newer Evo versions.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2021, 10:21:38 PM +0100 »

just set the server up for tomorrow nights race, i selected the 'GTR3' class which covers all the newer EVO versions of the MERC and Bentley, so hopefully if anyone has the ADAC version they should be able to get on the server ok. If not just shout out and i will add the ADAC cars as well. I am off to Silverstone tomorrow to see the real GT3's in action in British GT! see you on track tomorrow night
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2021, 11:23:17 PM +0100 »

I decided to stay and watch it on YT, Silverstones solution to a covid secure event is a massive oxi-moron...

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 11:53:29 PM +0100 »

I decided to stay and watch it on YT, Silverstones solution to a covid secure event is a massive oxi-moron...

I agree Mark, why, when you have all that space do you crowd everyone into one small area.  Huh Won't be watching on YT though, BSB at Oulton for me.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2021, 10:36:49 AM +0100 »

I agree Mark, why, when you have all that space do you crowd everyone into one small area.  Huh Won't be watching on YT though, BSB at Oulton for me.
totally agree, stopping people walking around a wide open space like Silverstone...zero common sense. annoyingly i had already got my ticket before i realised (I presumed it would be the same as when i went to the Donington round last year where they just stopped you going in the paddock area). At least my grandstand seat is at Luffield where you can see the big screen in the infield showing the race
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2021, 02:26:31 PM +0100 »

Its always annoyed me how much circuits and organisers just dont care about making it an event; timing screens, TV screens,commentary you can actually hear, shelter like an awning, seating (sitting on the ground when its wet...) to actually show the race and not feel to most people like its just cars coming past constantly.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2021, 07:51:05 PM +0100 »

for some reason they were letting us go as far as the Maggots/Becketts complex today so at least i got to spectate at my favourite corner, but no Big screen at Luffield and the tower that normally lists the positions of the leaders was not turned on either.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 09:49:29 PM +0100 »

Oh wow, the map showed you were basically constrained to the granstands, so you could spectate along the fence line at copse and maggots?

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2021, 07:47:36 PM +0100 »

Oh wow, the map showed you were basically constrained to the granstands, so you could spectate along the fence line at copse and maggots?

there were barriers and (security guards) stopping you going any further than Luffield, you could walk all the way along the start finish straight round to the maggotts/beckets complex where there was another barrier and security guard.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com