The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 08:45:23 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE new FFB  (Read 301 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2021, 11:33:47 AM +0100 »

I, like some others here, was not over impressed by the new FFB in RaceRoom, finding it a little lacking in feel & significantly heavier than it used to be. From what I can gather at the S3 forum this was more afflicting belt drive wheels than DD ones. One suggestion to improve things is to rename the Simbin folder in Documents/My Games, don't delete it as it contains your car setups etc., then restart RaceRoom & it will create a new Simbin folder. You will now have to rebind all your controls & reset all your other options but leave the FFB settings as default.

I tried this & it did make a significant difference to the FFB feel but was still rather lacking in the bumps & kerbs feel department. I have since increased the bump amplification to 50% & this has improved the bump feel & kerb vibrations, although I may try upping this more still. The steering is still heavier than I would like but I am leaving it as is at present in the hope that I will get used to it. So if you are rather lacking in FFB feel after the last update & not too impressed with it, give this suggestion a whirl, if it doesn't work you can always revert to what you had before.
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 04:05:05 PM +0100 »

You really need to set the car-specific FFB gain for each and every car, some are too light others too strong. Also reducing linearity can help.
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 01:37:25 PM +0100 »

Thanks gentlemen for your advice - now have a use for the “Red adjustable Nob” on my G29 steering wheel, able to adjust the FBB gain whilst driving!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 11:12:33 AM +0100 »

Thanks Geoff, will definitely give this a go.

I managed to try the new FFB for an hour over the weekend in the GT3 ranked daily race at Silverstone GP. The FFB felt good although not that different but I could barely feel kerbs and bumps. I wasn't sure if it was because Silverstone is a flat track or because I haven't updated my firmware.

I then did a lap of Aragon in the Cupra competition and the FFB was glorious, the car felt much more FWD and realistic. I'd need to get used to it but it felt a much bigger step forward than the GT3.

Hoping to be back on the grid again soon.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 12:56:29 PM +0100 »

With no planned racing on this weekend for me and that the old FFB had stopped me joining the ranked servers i thought I'd give them another go last night. Pleasantly surprised with the driving compared to ACC multiplayer which is what I've been mainly driving. Plus  just nice to drive something other than GT3! DTM's at Zandvort were actually nice to drive bizarrely.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com