The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 12:10:14 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E8GTO Mid-Ohio: September 09, 2021
September 09, 2021, 07:51:46 PM +0100 - Mid-Ohio (Full) - RRE Season 8 (2021) GTO's
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Riccardo Gengotti
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Nissan 300ZX Z32 IMSA GTO 2 +0.701
---
1 30:19.391
---
21 0 1:25.670
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang IMSA GTO IMSA GTO 5 +0.930
---
2 +3.034
---
21 0 1:25.412
---
Goodyear  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi 90 Quattro GTO IMSA GTO 6 +1.284
---
3 +13.225
---
21 0 1:26.266
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Audi 90 Quattro GTO IMSA GTO 3 +0.796
---
4 +13.666
---
21 0 1:25.615
---
Goodyear  
picnic
 Team Shark
Nissan 300ZX Z32 IMSA GTO 4 +0.930
---
5 +13L 8 0 1:26.326
---
unknown
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang IMSA GTO IMSA GTO 7 +11.023
---
6 +15L 6 0 1:36.163
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Audi 90 Quattro GTO IMSA GTO 1 1:24.674
---
7 +21L 0 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
IMSA GTO
1:24.674
---
Eck Simpson
Qualifying
Audi 90 Quattro GTOSeptember 09, 2021, 07:51:46 PM +0100
E8GTO
Race Room Experience
IMSA GTO
1:25.412
---
Geoffers
Race
Ford Mustang IMSA GTOSeptember 09, 2021, 07:51:46 PM +0100
E8GTO
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 8 (2021) GTO's - Mid-Ohio - Sep 9  (Read 842 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2021, 11:07:11 AM +0100 »

I like the idea Riccardo, but Race room used to have well balanced classes, it is not so good now

The P1 series has one car that is much faster than the others, and the NIssan here
is also much faster than the others. Particularly the Ford, which takes all of Geoff's
skill to keep up with me in the Nissan. That is not right. Geoff should not have any
problem being up front in a well balanced group. I will remove all handicaps as you suggest
but it is likely to become a Nissan spec race. Same with the P1 events.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2021, 11:24:32 AM +0100 »

Sorry Matt I don't mean to belittle what you do here, I am very grateful that people like you step up and create these series for us   angel

I get frustrated and my inabilities, Riccardo made it work last night, are not your problem.  Last night I a brief battle with Mark, the difference in braking between the Audi and Nissan was huge and the only way I could compensate was by trying to get on the power early. With a track that meant doing this over crests, it was only a matter of time until I fell off.

but it is likely to become a Nissan spec race
Ha ha, I thought last night it was likely to become an Audi spec race Wink Geoff is in another class so doesn't count Roll Eyes However I have a principle that I don't change cars during a season so for me I'm stuck with the fast, but horrid, Nissan.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 11:27:56 AM +0100 by picnic » Logged

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 12:14:10 PM +0100 »

Quite enjoyed that race, sorry some others didn't.

After practice & qually I was fully expecting to trail around on my own at the back as nearly everyone else was generally quite a bit faster. Unfortunate for Eck that he missed starting as he probably would have won easily judging by his qually times. Had a good dice with Matt for several laps until he let me past. I closed on Riccardo until he upped his pace a little & it would possibly have been a close finish except I ran off track at T8/9 & lost several seconds, only just keeping ahead of Matt.

Congrats to Riccardo on the win & Mark in 3rd.  clap clap

I honestly think Matt has done a good job with the car balancing, but certain cars work better at certain circuits. The Audi was the car to have here, the Mustang worked well at Watkins Glen, the Nissan was easily the best at the void Daytona race. In general the Nissan is best at power tracks obviously, the Audi works well on slower trickier tracks because of its 4wd & the Mustang works best on tracks with fast corners.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 12:23:30 PM +0100 »

Thanks Pete

It's not one event. I am getting to the point I was with P&G where I used to spend hours trying to match cars at tracks
only to find that what I can do is very different to what others can do.

I have had only negative comments about my handicapping (except Geoff) Mostly from people who want to drive a particular car
and don't want their choice of car to be slowed down. The R3E groups used to be well matched, with an occasional
mismatch like the Pork in Gr5. But in the P1 and these GTO groups there are huge differences between cars.
It's like they are just not testing anymore. The Nissan is much faster than the others, and the Ford
is easily the slowest of the bunch. My target is to have it so one car is better at one track, and may be slower
at another. The Nissan (for me) is the easiest drive without handicap and the fastest by far at pretty well all tracks
At The Glen I was faster than Geoff, which shouldn't normally be the case. Ok, so that's a non scientific test
but it is a guide. This event the Audi worked best as it has better traction, and is easier to boot out of the slow corners
I get the feeling that weight is not a good handicap as it affects too many things, so maybe just do it on power

I have just done a few laps at Paul Ricard in the P1 cars and the DMP is 10mph ~ faster on the straight.
Birger mentioned the straight line difference in our previous race, and he is correct. I have added some weight to it
and reduced the power down to the minimum allowed, and it is still slightly faster on the straight, and the lap times
(with me driving) are similar, though it may still be slightly quicker at some tracks.

I have asked for help for a while now, and had one very welcome offer. I don't want to do this anymore
I am happy to implement the events, but I am not going to design any more myself.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 03:41:01 PM +0100 »

One of the problems with RRE is that you cannot do what Tony does with some of the GTL series which is limit the number of drives in each car. Because the content has to be purchased & is not free, then not every one owns every car in a particular class, so if the cars are not balanced then often it becomes spec racing where everyone drives the same car. The more modern classes like GT3, GT4 & WTCR have the cars pretty equal as in the real racing but the older type cars by their nature are not always so equal.

Its the old adage Matt, you can please some of the people some of the time, you can't please all of the people all of the time.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2021, 04:00:49 PM +0100 »

Indeed, I have not been pleasing all of the people all of the time for years  Roll Eyes

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 06:04:38 PM +0100 »

Indeed, I have not been pleasing all of the people all of the time for years  Roll Eyes
You've pleasured me occasionally  winkiss

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Riccardo Gengotti

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2021, 06:06:29 PM +0100 »

I didn't want to criticize your work, I just expressed the difficulties I found with that car in the last 10 minutes of the race, but also Pete who is a very good driver expressed the same difficulties. your work has always been great and you can't please everyone. for me you are a great .....
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2021, 06:10:58 PM +0100 »

Perhaps it would be an opportunity to move AC to Thursdays to remove
that issue? Or maybe a different sim? any ideas?
Not wishing to appear to jump on your grave or anything but........I would like to poll the GTL regulars if a move to Thursday nights would be beneficial to UKGTL.

But that's if no-one is lined up to help you obviously.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 06:12:36 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2021, 06:40:29 PM +0100 »

Mmm, the way things are going, I am going to have to go somewhere else for my RRE fix.  Sad thumbdown
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2021, 08:05:11 PM +0100 »

Or you could contribute your vast experience and help keep it running  Roll Eyes

No worries Riccardo, no one thing is a problem

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 08:49:43 PM +0100 »

Or you could contribute your vast experience and help keep it running  Roll Eyes

Not sure I have a vast experience of anything, but if I can help, I will. But I thought you said someone had already offered.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2021, 09:18:09 PM +0100 »

Ahh, not exactly. John showed an interest, I suggested that someone might want to create some
series, and I would run them, and maybe take over eventually. Not sure that was what he was thinking.

Chunky

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2021, 10:16:33 AM +0100 »

Hi All

I am with Geoff keeping RRE for a Thursday and as I message Martin I would be more than happy to create a series for these nights. I think Martin has done a cracking job for these RRE Thursdays but as Geoff said you cant please all the people all the time. RRE with its paid content and obviously huge difference between cars in certain series does cause a major problem with setting these things up and there is always going to be pluses and minimises to what ever you do. So if there is a a lot of positivity to keep RRE going on a Thursday? I don't mind trying to see if we can still put this evening on with some creative feedback from you lot as to what you would like to see? personally I would hate to see RRE diminish from UKGTR as the only other sim I really use is ACC and I am not sure that is really used here from what I can see.

let me know your thoughts guys
JP
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2021, 10:42:14 AM +0100 »

I'm only really racing Thursday nights these days and generally enjoy my RRE outings. I'd hate to see these events disappear.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com