Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 07:04:55 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Drivers for Logitech DFP  (Read 11338 times)
linco24

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 09:34:29 AM +0000 »

Well I hope I do get faster other wise I just paid some money to be slower!

In saying that, round Donington I found the craner curves much tricker but my braking into corners was much better. I'm losing time in places and gaining a little in others.

Plus I haven't got to grips with setting the car up. At the minute all I adjust is brake force and little tweaks with suspension.

Regards
Colin Cool
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 11:33:18 AM +0000 »

Trust me, you will be faster, it just takes time. But the game will also feel more alive now
linco24

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 11:38:35 AM +0000 »

It most definately does Ruskus. I feel much more in control now. I'd feel much more comfortable racing with everyone now. Even though i'll trail in last place Sad
Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 12:21:14 PM +0000 »

Keep your chim up dude!

I was in that posititon to at first  Shocked Wink just keep it at!!!!!!!!!

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
linco24

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 08:55:28 AM +0000 »

Hi again all,

Just a quick question. Spent more time last night putting alot of laps in at Monza. Managed to get a set-up on the wheel that seems to work better than anything before. Steering - 12% sensitivity, Throttle/brake - 90%, Deadzone 4%, with 200 rotation.

What sort of set-up do the rest of you have?

Regards
Colin
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 09:07:57 AM +0000 »

What sort of set-up do the rest of you have?

All sensitivities on 50% (fully linear reponse), steering lock about 340 (and about 20 in the car setup).

To finish first, first you must have fins.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 09:24:54 AM +0000 »

Could never get the hang of non-linear steering! So mine's set to 50%. No deadzone.

Gas pedal is 50% as well, with a touch of deadzone, because I'm useless at taking my feet completely off the pedals (if you don't get off them completely, then you'll never use the 'coast' side of the diff Grin )

Brakes are non-linear. Can't remember which way they go, but I think it's something like 20%, so you get more sensitivity at the end of the range, which is good for threshold braking. You can see this in the way the sliders move.
linco24

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 01:49:15 PM +0000 »

Thanks guys,

Seems my set-up is a little odd. What I found is that I was getting alot of oversteer out of corners, not due to losing grip if you know what I mean. I felt I needed to yank the wheel round quick to straighten up.Also with the sensitivity turned up on the steering, I couldnt straighten up for braking into corners. I also notice that none of you have any deadzone on steering.

And how would I change to non-linear settings?

Regards
Colin Cool
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 02:57:05 PM +0000 »

I also notice that none of you have any deadzone on steering.

Absolutely none at all. It would drive me bonkers to have this nice, super accurate wheel with little or no slack in the gears and then introduce a big dead spot in the middle. Roll Eyes

And how would I change to non-linear settings?

50% sensitivity is linear so under or over 50% introduces some non-linearity.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
EdamSpeed
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 03:08:51 PM +0000 »

Check you haven't got 'speed sensitive steering' on, Colin. That will confuse matters, as it changes to a different ratio under a certain speed.

That's precisely why you'll find the majority of us have it turned off, and have completely linear steering - more predictable that way.
drumbstick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 03:10:02 PM +0000 »

I must be one of the regular online racers who actually uses a small deadzone about 5%. I find I start to wander across the track with 0

linco24

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 09:03:07 AM +0000 »

Check you haven't got 'speed sensitive steering' on, Colin. That will confuse matters, as it changes to a different ratio under a certain speed.

That's precisely why you'll find the majority of us have it turned off, and have completely linear steering - more predictable that way.

I do have speed sensitive steering, 10%. I will turn this off though. I'll have a go at changing the settings again tonight.  I'm down to 1.33's in the Porsche GT3-RSR at Donington so I'm making progress at last!

Regards
Colin Cool
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 07:19:25 PM +0100 »

It does indeed use a USB connection.

Download the version 5 WingMan drivers from here.

Thanks Gizmo! I bought a Logitech Driving Force (the original version) for my PS2 ages ago, didn't know it would only work with two of my games!
Plugged it into the PC a couple of days ago to see if it'd work, all of it did except the FF wouldn't work and the pedals were stuck on one axis. Installed the drivers and now everything works! Separate axis pedals as well!

I've got a copy of GTR2 coming soon, maybe I'll be able to compete in one of next years championships? I can only race on weekends though, so I'd have to be a reserve. And I'm way too slow at the moment. Maybe you need another Spyker?

Thanks again.

P.S. Any chance of making this a sticky?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 07:23:59 PM +0100 by Tibernius » Logged
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 09:48:08 PM +0100 »

After having to travel 30miles to go and pick my DFP up from the couriers last friday i've finally managed to get round to trying it out. I wanted to leave it till after the two GTR races to not ruin my races Wink

Anyway, the wheel is mounted at a slightly different angle compared to my old momo racing so it feels a bit strange at the moment. The FFB strength is a lot higher and it just feels like there's more of it, strangely. Though that might be more track specific, at Andestorp, as a quick run at the the new nurburgring and it felt completely different.

I've got the FFB strength at about 85% which feels ok, any higher and its more of a workout. I take it the ffb strength in game is the same as that in the game controller panel?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com