by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 12:09:37 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21TTTT Nürburgring: August 18, 2021
August 18, 2021, 08:42:44 PM +0100 - Nürburgring (Nordschleife) - UKGTL Season 21 The Top 12 Tracks
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Porsche 935 (#94) GTC-TC-76 1 7:39.133
111.139mph
1 48:55.635
104.292mph
6 7:46.275
109.436mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Porsche 935 (#4) GTC-TC-76 3 +25.484
105.294mph
2 +21.875
103.521mph
6 8:08.487
104.460mph
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Porsche 935 (#40) GTC-TC-76 2 +17.807
106.989mph
3 +4:10.514
96.092mph
6 8:22.279
101.592mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Porsche 935 (#94) GTC-TC-76 4 +4:12.488
96.033mph
6 8:28.252
100.398mph
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Porsche 935 (#59) GTC-TC-76 5 +1:09.881
96.458mph
5 +5:41.109
93.436mph
6 8:51.445
96.016mph
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Porsche 935 (#37) GTC-TC-76 4 +34.323
103.408mph
6 +4L 2 8:48.691
96.517mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Porsche 935 (#3) GTC-TC-76 7 +5L 1 8:09.093
104.331mph
suspension
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
7:39.133
123.790mph
Hristo Itchov
Qualifying
Porsche 935August 18, 2021, 08:42:44 PM +0100
L21TTTT
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
7:46.275
121.894mph
Hristo Itchov
Race
Porsche 935August 18, 2021, 08:42:44 PM +0100
L21TTTT
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 The Top 12 Tracks - Nürburgring - Aug 18  (Read 696 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2021, 09:56:47 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2021, 10:04:36 PM +0100 »

Well that was fun, Clive and I both tested the amount of damage the Porsche could take and we think it's impressive! as long as you don't lose  your front spoiler.
I like the car. In fact I wouldn't mind if there would be a series on the American tracks next season. I herewith submit this as a request.

The mrs and myself are going to enjoy the fresh sea air for a while but I'll be back and as keen as ever.

In the meantime, have fun all!

Cheers, Dan
Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2021, 11:43:32 PM +0100 »

Was wanting to give this a go, but didn't get back from an outing in time....
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2021, 09:03:27 AM +0100 »

Well that was fun, Clive and I both tested the amount of damage the Porsche could take and we think it's impressive! as long as you don't lose  your front spoiler.
I like the car. In fact I wouldn't mind if there would be a series on the American tracks next season. I herewith submit this as a request.

The mrs and myself are going to enjoy the fresh sea air for a while but I'll be back and as keen as ever.

In the meantime, have fun all!

Cheers, Dan

Grats to the podium guys and the few finishers after what was a brutal race for me. Enjoy the sea breeze Dan and see you in the autumn  Grin

Yes indeed Dan, far more fun than I was anticipating!!  Thankyou for waiting for me to extricate myself from various barriers and scenery. I need to reinstate my clutch pedal, as the current gearbox setup does not recognise neutral when the gear lever is central, it keeps the engine engaged in the most recently selected gear...so restarting a stalled engine is a nightmare!!

TBH my sole intention was to get as far as I could through the 6 laps. I know the track well from GPL, but the car was a real headache. I was slowly coming to terms with the Porsche turbo delivering a huge lump of power as the revs began to build, whereas 99% of other cars at least have a linear progression of power delivery.
Some serious tweaking of H's posted setup to find a more user friendly arrangement. I moved the diff to 10/30 with 4 preload which seemed to help me keep the car straight on corner exit and I increased the castor to help turn in.

During the race I realised that Dan must have been using far more splitter/wing than I was ( I had tried upping the wing angles in practice, but found the car too twitchy ). This became very obvious when we reached the straight and I simply blew past Dan with consummate driving skill, I felt that my skill level on the straight was superb  Grin.

My battle with Dan was fun. But as the race progressed and I became more tuned into the car...so did the damage. Add to that some very worn tyres and  the car I had on lap 6 was NOT the car I started the race with.
 A final barrier testing session at the start of lap 6 removed the front splitter, which I only discovered at the next corner...when it didn't!! There was a buttock clenching moment on the last run down the long straight when the front end lifted off  scared
I was very relieved to see that chequered flag  Wink.

BTW re the FF saga. I have discovered that the FF appears on each alternate start of a session. Which is why I would have FF for practice, lose it for quali and it would return for the race...OR if I had joined the race with the wrong car and exited and rejoined, the pattern reversed. I still have absolutely no idea WHY that should happen, but at least now I can do something to get FF when I need it.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2021, 09:12:46 AM +0100 »

Had a bit of fun with Dan at first, then hit something and lost front spoiler, so couldn't even do the flat
out parts. Car might be good at a more normal track, but here was just masochism.
Very little enjoyment when the car was working, damaged it was pointless so left.  Sad

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2021, 12:28:47 PM +0100 »

During the race I realised that Dan must have been using far more splitter/wing than I was ( I had tried upping the wing angles in practice, but found the car too twitchy ). This became very obvious when we reached the straight and I simply blew past Dan with consummate driving skill, I felt that my skill level on the straight was superb  Grin.

So the splitter and wing settings do make a difference?? I really didn't notice it during practice, so that's puzzling. Perhaps it's a subtle difference and I didn't test it enough (definitely not full laps or even a top speed test, just a handful of corners).

Really happy with my qualifying lap, it was right on the edge (you can watch it here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1122968121). Bogged down on the start as expected, and also oversteered, which forced me to lift up enough to drop well behind Dan and Erling, almost losing 1 more position to Dimitar as well.

Unfortunately Erling went off 2 corners later and then after having a nice 3-way battle with Dan and Dimitar, the former decided to let us through, which was a bit disappointing. Overtaking here is so difficult, even with a pace difference, plus I noticed Dan was really good through the last 1/3rd of the lap during practice when I ran behind him.

I was trying to nurture the tyres a bit and couldn't escape away from Dimitar, so when we reached the long straight at the end of lap 1, the big slipstream effect gave him a chance to attack, but he thought better of it. As I was distracted looking in my mirrors, I forgot to brake in time for the last chicane and then also changed from 2nd to neutral (button issues), which spun me around. Dimitar was now 8 seconds ahead and it was shaping up for a nice chase, but then he had his incident just a few corners later and had to retire because of damage.

After that I had a lonely race for most of the race, which made it feel like it's taking forever to do all 6 laps. Tried to entertain myself by pushing hard on lap 3 and then decided to change tyres so I can have a shot at improving my fastest lap time on the last lap. Messed up my pitstop instead by putting too much fuel in, losing a lot of time, dropping behind Erling and then spinning off and getting stuck at T4 on cold tyres. The car was handling really weird at that moment and I couldn't figure out why.

Even though I was about 22 seconds behind now, I knew Erling was going to struggle with his worn out tyres, so I just pushed as much as possible and was only 6 seconds behind when we started the last lap. He was obviously having grip issues as he kept missing his braking points and apexes, so I just waited for the right moment to go around him. I think if Erling could somehow just keep the ideal line and cover all gaps, it might have been impossible to overtake him, even with that pace differential.

Congrats to all who took part and survived, that on its own is quite an achievement with this car/track combo!

I was hoping more people would join this one, for even if it was very challenging, it was also an exciting experience trying to manage all that power around such a narrow track. I hope we drive it again some time soon and I second Dan's request to make a full championship with the car!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 05:32:09 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2021, 01:44:38 PM +0100 »

Really happy with my qualifying lap, it was right on the edge. Bogged down on the start as expected, and also oversteered, which forced me to lift up enough to drop well behind Dan and Erling, almost losing 1 more position to Dimitar as well.

Unfortunately Erling went off 2 corners later and then after having a nice 3-way battle with Dan and Dimitar, the former decided to let us through, which was a bit disappointing. Overtaking here is so difficult, even with a pace difference, plus I noticed Dan was really good through the last 1/3rd of the lap during practice when I ran behind him.

Correction:  It was Matt who passed you and went off a couple of corners later - I had to slam on the brakes when you got out of shape and thus lost places to Dan & Matt.  Will write more later.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2021, 02:01:59 PM +0100 »

Really happy with my qualifying lap, it was right on the edge. Bogged down on the start as expected, and also oversteered, which forced me to lift up enough to drop well behind Dan and Erling, almost losing 1 more position to Dimitar as well.

Correction:  It was Matt who passed you and went off a couple of corners later - I had to slam on the brakes when you got out of shape and thus lost places to Dan & Matt.  Will write more later.

Oops, sorry! I really thought it was you at the time and even after watching DD's stream recording, I was still convinced it was you  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2021, 04:00:36 PM +0100 »

Oops, sorry! I really thought it was you at the time and even after watching DD's stream recording, I was still convinced it was you  Cheesy Roll Eyes

Yes that's why I didn't win - I stopped to have the car repainted during the race  Grin
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2021, 04:43:14 PM +0100 »

Result

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2021, 07:07:09 PM +0100 »

A very tough and challenging drive for sure.

Tried Hristo's setup - thanks for sharing it - but had to give up on using it, as each time I hit the depression before the uphill bit after Fuchsröhre, I lost the car.  Not enough time to try and change it, so went with another one.

Hit a tall curb in qual and spun; otherwise I might have competed with Dan for 2nd on grid.  The triumph of being about to overtake Dan at the start, along with staying ahead of Matt, which has been a real problem lately, was shortlived. When Hristo got out of shape ahead of me, I had to slam on the brakes hard, and the two gents sailed away.

Matt ran wide a few corners later and I regained that position.  Later on L1 I passed Dan, recovering from a moment.  Caught a recovering Hristo at the very end of the lap, and then passed a stuck DD early on L2.  After that the race turned lonely - believe Dan went off in sympathy with DD, and Hristo was soon gone.  Passed him in the pits at the beginning of the penultimate lap.  As I had rounded the hairpin, I saw him leaving the pits.  Didn't expect to last long, with his new tyres and my completely shot ones, but to my surprise, he didn't catch me on that lap.  Replay revealed a time consuming spin as the reason.

Beginning of the final lap, the gap was only 5 secs, and I knew it was game over.  By Schwedenkreuz he had caught up.  Kept him behind until around Wehrseifen/Ex-Mühle, where I couldn't keep a tight enough line in the corner and thus gave him enough room to go past.  With the pressure of him on my rear bumper, I kept bumping over curbs etc, which must have looked pretty pathetic.  Spun in the Karrussell, increasing the gap even more.  Even if I had managed to stay on the ideal line all the way as Hristo suggests, I would have been screwed once we hit the long straight, as I was running max wing & splitter.

Grats to Hristo on a convincing win and unbeatable pace, and to Dan & all survivors.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 09:05:17 PM +0100 by Erling G-P » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2021, 07:28:31 PM +0100 »

Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com