The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 11:50:02 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E8GTO Mid-Ohio: September 09, 2021
September 09, 2021, 07:51:46 PM +0100 - Mid-Ohio (Full) - RRE Season 8 (2021) GTO's
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Riccardo Gengotti
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Nissan 300ZX Z32 IMSA GTO 2 +0.701
---
1 30:19.391
---
21 0 1:25.670
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang IMSA GTO IMSA GTO 5 +0.930
---
2 +3.034
---
21 0 1:25.412
---
Goodyear  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi 90 Quattro GTO IMSA GTO 6 +1.284
---
3 +13.225
---
21 0 1:26.266
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Audi 90 Quattro GTO IMSA GTO 3 +0.796
---
4 +13.666
---
21 0 1:25.615
---
Goodyear  
picnic
 Team Shark
Nissan 300ZX Z32 IMSA GTO 4 +0.930
---
5 +13L 8 0 1:26.326
---
unknown
Goodyear  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang IMSA GTO IMSA GTO 7 +11.023
---
6 +15L 6 0 1:36.163
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Audi 90 Quattro GTO IMSA GTO 1 1:24.674
---
7 +21L 0 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
IMSA GTO
1:24.674
---
Eck Simpson
Qualifying
Audi 90 Quattro GTOSeptember 09, 2021, 07:51:46 PM +0100
E8GTO
Race Room Experience
IMSA GTO
1:25.412
---
Geoffers
Race
Ford Mustang IMSA GTOSeptember 09, 2021, 07:51:46 PM +0100
E8GTO
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 8 (2021) GTO's - Mid-Ohio - Sep 9  (Read 838 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2021, 11:11:44 AM +0100 »

I am not trying to kill R3E Thursdays. I just want some help designing the series.
I have been doing it for years, and I believe some new blood will be a good thing

Ideally I need more than a vague untested suggestion, though I will have a look at any suggestions
from people whether you race every week or not. If you put in some time and test cars
at tracks I will be happy to run a series for it. We have had suggestions in the past
which I have not implemented because they in my oppinion would be boring

I try not to run more than one spec series, as we have had complaints about that in past
Thursdays for me is traditionally Historic cars, and Sundays is for GT cars, but I am not
sticking to that anymore, I just try not to clash with what Stephen does Sundays.
I have tried putting up series to vote for, which is ok, but not everyone votes
and sometimes people vote without any testing.

I used to run 4 series at a time, but that seemed too long between them, so I went to 3
No reason we can't run 4 or 2

I just don't want to have to dream up another bunch of series myself.

John' ideas would be most welcome, Geoff has done this before here and at GTL
Spanner sometimes has strong ideas. Riccardo and friends might add some different spice
Bill has been helpful in the past. Nothing will be ignored.

Answers on a post card  angel

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2021, 07:39:29 PM +0100 »

Doh, you mean I've got to go & buy some postcards!  Roll Eyes

Sorry for not replying earlier, been to Silverstone today. I will test out a few combos if you want, but John sounds very keen to have a go, so I will only help if he wants. Maybe Riccardo could give us a few ideas what our Italian friends would be interested in driving.
Riccardo Gengotti

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2021, 08:14:49 PM +0100 »

you are very good at organizing competitions, my thought is to take a car or a series and leave it as it is without trying to modify it by inserting a handicap, then a driver takes the car he wants even if it will be a single make, we just have to have fun . however it will be an honor to be useful to the community.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2021, 09:03:44 PM +0100 »

Its definitely a big issue for Raceroom with seemingly unequal classes, but , as with AC its always the golden question how to engage both those at front who want something challenging to drive and those at the back who arnt as quick or consistent without people getting bored as they are lapping on their own after a lap.

Tbh i though the GTO's were doing a good job, yes each track will be different. The Audi certainly was not easy around mid ohio, none of the cars are easy. I am surprised the Nissan is THAT bad after adding weight and reducing power.

Trying to BoP cars is never going to be easy, we all drive them differently and can be quite inconsistent. Some races I'm at the front winning, others i'm struggling near the back....

We have kinda driven most of the classes which mainly leaves the single makes.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2021, 10:18:23 PM +0100 »

Keep it coming  Cool It would be good if we could have some group commitment to it
Seriously, hit me with some serious suggestions for a group, or single make
that you think would work. If you can spend the time testing at tracks so much the better
if anyone comes up with a car/tracks series that would work I am unlikely to argue.

My method for cars is slow cars get tight tracks, fast cars get faster tracks, with a bit
of variation to spice it up a bit. I also try to make series geographical, like a US series
a far east or Euro series. Is not an essential element, but is a consideration.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2021, 02:38:55 PM +0100 »

One of the problems with RRE is that you cannot do what Tony does with some of the GTL series which is limit the number of drives in each car.
Actually I'm not so sure that is true. IIRC in RRE you only need to "own" one car in each example group. So Matt, or whoever, can devise a series with limited No. off drives in each car. In say a four make series competitors would need to buy four cars (one of each make). I don't think this would be too prohibitive in terms of cost?
Google Docs is free and can be used as the series spreadsheet, so driver's can keep track of how many drives there are have left in each car group.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com