The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:38:11 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17 SKO Snetterton: September 12, 2021
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 A17 SKODA CUP - Snetterton - Sep 12  (Read 519 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2021, 09:17:32 PM +0100 »

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (2x 20 minutes)

Cars allowed:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skoda-octavia-cup-2018.24099/

Track:
Snetterton (300 layout)
Track:  http://assettomods.com/snetterton_2017/
Lap times:

stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat?

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops: None required
Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2021, 11:21:23 PM +0100 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2021, 01:05:48 PM +0100 »

Skoda's @ Snetterton this Sunday! practice server will be up tonight
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 01:08:40 PM +0100 »

Skoda's @ Snetterton this Sunday! practice server will be up tonight

I think you've got the date wrong.....This sunday is 29th August!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 01:08:23 PM +0100 »

oops. I must have left this Sunday out of the regular series races as it is a bank holiday weekend! I will sort out a funrace for this Sunday
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 01:16:09 PM +0100 »

Funrace for this Sunday will be Praga's at Mugello. Race announcement thread will be up soon!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 12:58:51 PM +0100 »

Skoda's this Sunday, practice server will be up tonight
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 09:41:02 AM +0100 »

FYI- i set the server up a few days ago but when i fired up AC this morning to check that everything was ok i couldnt see the server in the lobby. I then logged onto the virtual desktop and the CMD for the server was open as usual......   I then closed it and reopened it and it is now visible again when you look for it in the AC multiplayer lobby

Therefore practice server is up for tonights race
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 08:53:51 PM +0100 »

second race in a row cancelled due to lack of interest. The last round i put down to it being in the holiday season. Can i have a show of hands if anyone is interested in continuing this series?
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 03:09:14 PM +0100 »

Holidays are over and no one shows up, pretty much same story than wednesday races. Actually I can't even remember when there was +10 drivers on grid last time in AC races, must be over 2 years ago or something. Slowly all AC driver has fled this site to better "hunting grounds". Almost 1500 users and no one drive AC, can't believe that, maybe it's time to send PM all users and do some advertising and poll what kinda races they want if any. This downward spiral has been case for years and basically nothing is done to get more ppl join races. Is it time to kill whole AC on this site because it looks like no one cares to show up anymore or maybe they start season and quit after one race if they are not competive.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 03:30:34 PM +0100 »

When the weather gets colder more peeps will be rejoining i guess. Maybe not all races where attended that good, but there where some very succesfull, like formula easter, dtm, gpl, rsr, porsche cup and tcr to name a few.

AC is too diverse probably and cars differ much in performance to group them easily. So there is not a real target group like with gtl or ac competitione wich hurts a bit too maybe? Then we have all those other sims competing for our attention..
So no idea what the right way is, but i am sure we will get some good competition again. Maybe FMG can tell us a little bit about a new series and we should spread the word.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 03:50:31 PM +0100 »

Although I did the first couple of rounds of this series, I found it to be one of the most uninspiring cars I have ever used in a sim, drives boring & sounds boring, just could not get enough enthusiasm to drive it.

As Stefan said summer weekend races always suffer poor attendance due to people having other things occupying their time.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 08:43:40 PM +0100 »

It's why i don't drive the NSU in Raceroom, too slow plus its FWD. IF the car isnt fun and exciting to drive then  its not for me when we spend 30mins driving around on our own. The TCRs were fun to some degree once you start trying to set up some oversteer to counteract the huge understeer.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 01:07:06 PM +0100 »

It's why i don't drive the NSU in Raceroom, too slow plus its FWD.
I think you'll find the NSU is RWD and it provides some of the closest racing in these here parts.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 02:59:46 PM +0100 »

Sunday nights need a rethink!

I know Stephen has spent a lot of time and effort putting these series together and had a lot of criticism and moaning over car choice (me included). The Skoda series came about as a suggestion by a member but even so has still not been well supported.

Running AC and Raceroom alternate weeks straight away limits the amount of drivers who will commit to these series. If drivers don't like AC, or they don't like Raceroom and they want to race every Sunday, what are they going to do? They'll find somewhere else to race on a Sunday!

Decide on Raceroom or AC. Have a poll.

Leave historic events to Tim on Wednesdays and to Martin on Thursdays (or whoever wants to help him).

Personally, if it's Raceroom I'm out. If it's AC, let's get back to some modern GT/Sports/Proto events that compliment each other. And let's get some decent paymods instead of the same old boring Kunos cars which aren't even very well matched or in many cases, very well done. If drivers know they are going to get good use out of mods I'm sure they would be prepared to pay the small amount that they cost....in some cases no more than the cost of a single car in Raceroom.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 01:20:53 PM +0100 »

It is a shame that running AC & RRE seems to be not working anymore (I have been doing this for several years and it did work for the first few years). I am leaning towards AC at the moment as i think the game seems more realistic than RRE (and there is more car and track choice).

I will bin off the remaining Skoda races and organise a few test races while i decide what direction to go in next.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com