The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 08:03:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • F1 '79 Silverstone '79: January 19, 2007
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: F1 '79 test - Silverstone (79) - Jan 19  (Read 19159 times)
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 08:17:07 PM +0000 »

Don & I did a bit of testing on the server this afternoon, we both managed 1:27's which is probably a bit off the pace but we're '79 rookies laugh

Man, those standing starts are hard in these cars Undecided

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 09:53:56 PM +0000 »

Man, those standing starts are hard in these cars Undecided

They're great, much easier than GPL.  laugh laugh
The digital clutch is actually not just on/off, it lets it out a bit gradually which helps.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 11:26:46 PM +0000 »

1.27's  Shocked who let you use a Turbo!! I managed to get a 1.45 in the FW07, I've been trying to use the FW06 to get the same times...Doh! what a pig to drive! Will you get a mismatch online if you use the Mega bucks CCR profile tweak? Looking forward to Friday a bit more with a somewhat more stable car too.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 11:33:43 PM +0000 »

Don & I did a bit of testing on the server this afternoon, we both managed 1:27's which is probably a bit off the pace but we're '79 rookies laugh

Managed a 1:28.6 in the Wolf Cosworth. Is that a slow or fast car? Still learning the braking points to be honest.

The bump on that mickey mouse chicane at the end is a bummer. The bridge on the final straight before the chicane you can simply drive through and I wonder if you can straight line the last chicane as the corner cutting points seem a bit dodgy. Silverstone conversion looks very amateur night.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
cej

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 11:43:59 PM +0000 »

I managed a 1 minute 20 ish (25-26 can't remember) in the FW06, but now ny harddrive is dead so my Windows is gone along with all my setups  :'( 

If I'm lucky I'll get my new drive Thursday and be able to join you people on Friday ,but not sure I'll be able to make it Embarrassed
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 11:53:39 PM +0000 »

I've been driving on the GP track  Roll Eyes , the one on the server is not really very nice, quite bland and dodgy collision detection to boot, I thought it was going to be the GP track?

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 07:30:25 AM +0000 »

I've been driving on the GP track  Roll Eyes , the one on the server is not really very nice, quite bland and dodgy collision detection to boot, I thought it was going to be the GP track?

You do know the track in 1979 was almost totally different to how it is today?
Silverstone isn't the most interesting of tracks and it's visually unappealing in this form, but it's easy to learn (many of us will know most of the layout from GPL) and good for racing.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 08:45:55 AM +0000 »

Managed a 1:28.6 in the Wolf Cosworth. Is that a slow or fast car? Still learning the braking points to be honest.

I had to give the Wolf a go, I consider it 'mine' with the James Hunt connection  Grin

I also managed a 1:28.6 in it, it's definately a bit more twitchy than the Tyrell but only marginally slower and probably just as quick in the right hands.

I was quite surprised at how different the layout is to the circuit we've raced with GTR2 but I'm with Dave really, as a '79 test race it's ideal, wide and plenty of run-off!

I tried (mostly unintentionally Cheesy) quite a few different lines through the final chicane, you can cut it a fair bit but often I ended up horribly out of shape and slower becuase of it. On my fastest laps I did in the Tyrell I definately had two wheels on the racing surface (as per SRouk rules). I'm guessing a better driver than me might be able to exploit it though Undecided

Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 10:27:33 AM +0000 »

I had to give the Wolf a go, I consider it 'mine' with the James Hunt connection  Grin

What connection? Speed? Looks? Gender? Sexual preference? Wink  laugh

Is there no texture update for that track, it looks horrendous...or are they keeping it in tune with its historical look?  Wink Grin

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 10:53:24 AM +0000 »

What connection? Speed? Looks? Gender? Sexual preference? Wink  laugh

<--- my avatar!

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2007, 12:40:57 PM +0000 »

Is there no texture update for that track, it looks horrendous...or are they keeping it in tune with its historical look?  Wink Grin

Rad, go over to the RSC rF modding forum, under 'classic racing'? you will find some track updates to Silverstone and Jarama?
All of these 79 tracks need some good artwork modding. I think the mod team quite rightly concentrated on the car physics, sounds etc and probably by their own admission, track art is not their forte.  Undecided
With the interest level in the 79 series i am sure someone will get to work on them soon  Cool

Radius

Meep! Meep!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2007, 12:53:14 PM +0000 »

Thank you Mr Johnson..i will have a gander.

Can i also take this opportunity to shout out to certain legend, Mr Tom Ostry...who beat me in a MC12 :\  Wink Great drive!

Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics...even if you win, you're still a retard Wink
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2007, 02:31:07 PM +0000 »

Are these track mods sanctioned or will it create mismatches?

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2007, 02:39:19 PM +0000 »

Are these track mods sanctioned or will it create mismatches?

They have unique names which start with "79" so there shouldn't be mismatches.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2007, 05:12:55 PM +0000 »

Looks aside, it's the right track to start with once you've got the hang of the simple flowing corners. If we do another Kayalami is also a great drive with an interesting layout and nice changes in elevation. I'm hoping very much that no-one will turn up on the night "for a quick bash" with the '79 mod and end up causing a pile up. The double-hardness needs everyone to be double-careful around each other!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com