The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 06:42:16 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with T300RS Pedal Connector????  (Read 263 times)
peterh1967a

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2021, 07:30:13 PM +0100 »

Hi guys,

Returning to sim racing after a break of quite a few years and starting off with basic gear on a budget. I picked up a very nice Next Level Racing F-GT Cockpit with Seat for £100 on gumtree, and loving it.

Now, sorry for a rookie question, but I've just had delivered a Thrustmaster T300RS wheel and pedal set (it was an online purchase and I haven't had a chance to check out the Thrustmaster in store).

It doesn't seem quite right. The connector from the brake pedal set doesn't click securely into the pedal set connector hole. The wheel and pedals work but its pretty easy for the wire to be pulled out.

My question, to help me decide whether to return the set or not .... is this normal, or should there be a click, and should the connector be able to be pulled slightly without coming out of the housing?

Thanks in advance for your help everyone. I hope be be a regular contributor as I build my experience.

Peter

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2021, 09:07:46 AM +0100 »

Welcome to our little corner of the sim racing world  Smiley

I had a T300RS wheel and pedals ages back, got a Fanatec setup now, but sadly I can't remember how well all the bits fitted together Sad Hopefully an active user will pop by and be able to help you out.

What games are you playing? We have all skill levels here and as long as you're a clean respectful driver you'll be made welcome in any of our online races.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 11:23:00 AM +0100 by picnic » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 10:29:54 AM +0100 »

Hi Peter, I'll link your post in the GTL section. Maybe one of those guy's can help.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

peterh1967a

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 12:39:19 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen, its much appreciated. I'm just on PS4 at the moment so I'm playing on F12020, but mostly Gran Turismo Sport. Will be checking out the other areas of the forum as in time I'll be upgrading to a PC and a better quality online racing experience! And thanks Tony for pointing this to a more appropriate forum.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 01:51:03 PM +0100 »

I followed Tony's post on the UKGTL forum to get here. Welcome back to GTL Peter.

I have very recently purchased a T300RS wheel to replace an ageing Logitech G25 that finally cried "enough" , so perhaps I can offer some info, and maybe perhaps you can help me with a few setup/calibration gremlins?? My wheel and pedals are also on a full rig so we are in a similar situation.

The plug to which I think you refer connects the 2 pedal setup into the rear of the steering wheel housing?  and from there the whole unit is plugged ( with a second cable ) into a USB socket on your PC? ( eventually  Wink )
I can confirm that my plug from the pedals also feels a little "soft" when pressed into its socket in the base of the wheel, with no positive "click" which I would have expected. I cannot say that I have expended a huge amount of energy in trying to force that plug to positively locate, but thus far it has shown no tendency to fall out even in heavy combat.

If your plug feels too loose and you are genuinely concerned that you might be disconnected from your pedals mid race ( not an ideal scenario  Roll Eyes ) I would suggest that some strips of Gaffer tape to secure the cable to the underside of the wheel housing or to immobilise/clamp the cable with cable ties through a pair of holes in your rig's wheel mounting plate?

From my side of things I will be interested to hear how you set up and use the Thrustmaster software and especially the Force Feedback within GTL. I have some random gremlins with my wheel where I have no FF during practice and quali, but when we go to the grid I suddenly have all the FF working at maximum. At other times the FF is conspicuous by it's total absence in any of the phases.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 01:52:49 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 04:04:57 PM +0100 »

@Clive, I don't think Peter is an ex-GTL driver but it would be great if he joined us  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

peterh1967a

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 10:00:55 PM +0100 »

Hi Clive,

thanks for your reply. Yeah in terms of the Thrustmaster T300RS I was referring to the plug to which connects the 2 pedal setup into the rear of the steering wheel housing. Mine is exactly how you describe ... "soft with no positive click" (story of my life  Grin)

As it's a brand new wheel I'm going to err on the side of caution though and return it. I'll be able to confirm if the replacement unit has the same issue, and may then invest in some gaffer tape!

Sorry I can't help with any insight into the force feedback within GTL. I'm such a newbie that I'm not sure what GTL is and how to join - let alone help with any feedback!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com