The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 09:34:47 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17 Grobnik: August 25, 2021
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 - Grobnik - Aug 25  (Read 825 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2021, 09:42:15 AM +0100 »

Srous' take on a historic epic  Wink
We're returning to Sunny Croatia and Grobnik for this fun race, but in an unusual change of pace we'll be driving the frankly fantastic 1923 Tours collection by NiceCuppaTea from Race Department.
I make no pretence of these cars being balanced - they aren't. The Fiat, Delage and Sunbeam have similar pace, followed by the Bugatti, the Voisin, and the Rolland-Pilain in that order and at steadily increasing time (example lap times further down).

The sounds on some are sadly a little lacking due to the simple fact that there aren't any recordings from the period cars to produce sound from Sad
Under the downloads I'll add a link to my own WIP sound for the Fiat, it recently got improved but I still prefer where mine is going - I'll let you decide for yourselves.

Password: see above

Timings:
Practice/Qual: 19:30 (60 mins)
Race: 20:30  (30 mins)

Cars allowed:
If you have any of these already installed ensure you check you have the latest versions!

Bugatti type 32 (V1.2)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/bugatti-type-32.28493/

Delage 2LCV (1923) (V1.1)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/delage-2lcv-1923.41311/

FIAT 805 405 (1923) (V1.1)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/fiat-805-405-1923.38822/

Rolland-Pilain A22 (1923) (V1.0)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rolland-pilain-a22-1923.44239/
UPDATE! 23/08/21 If you intend to actually race in the Rolland on Wednesday you will need to do the following:

Go to *Your Steam Directory*\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\rolland_pilain_a22
Backup the data.acd file that is in there (I simply created a folder called rain FX and copied it into that).
COPY the data.acd file from the folder called 'vanilla data' into the cars\rolland_pilain_a22 folder and allow it to overwrite the existing file.

If you don't intend to race the car you might get away with not doing this - but you definitely WILL NOT be able to join the server while driving it unless you do do this
Smiley

Sunbeam Grand Prix (1923) (V1.2)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1923-sunbeam-grand-prix.31905/

Voisin C6 'Laboratoire' (V1.2)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/voisin-c6-laboratoire.29083/

Optional WIP sounds for the Fiat:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs26ka6kcgdgrl6/Fiat%20805%20sfx.rar?dl=0
To use these place the 2 files in the rar into:
YOUR STEAM DIRECTORY\assettocorsa\content\cars\fiat_805\sfx
Ensure you backup the originals for in case you prefer them!

Track: Grobnik
Download link: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/automotodrom-grobnik.4835/

I'm using a 'summer' skin from RD - You can find it here if interested (It's not required): https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/grobnik-summer.31284/
If you use content manager then you presumably know how to add it (I don't use it!).
Without Content manager you can add the files from the Summer folder created in 'skins' in the track directory to the 'default' directory and over-write as you go. Worked for me Smiley

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Example laptimes from my testing offline, these will doubtless move with additional laps put in:

Sunbeam Grand Prix : 2:00.399      3 gears
Fiat 805                : 2:00.575      4 gears
Delage 2LCV           : 2:01.711     4 gears
Bugatti Type 32      : 2:03.829      3 gears
Voisin C6               : 2:05.171      3 gears
Rolland-Pilain A22    : 2:08.623      3 gears

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 05:26:32 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2021, 08:51:07 PM +0100 »

I tried the fiat and it seems ... too slow for racing?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 12:16:41 PM +0100 »

There is no such thing as too slow for racing
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 12:22:54 PM +0100 »

There is no such thing as too slow for racing

Haven't even tried 'em yet but these cars must be comical, I don't exept big grid if any...
kaifos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2021, 12:39:44 PM +0100 »

I come by  thumbup2     Cars Fiat 805405 Harry Grant
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 02:50:46 PM +0100 by kaifos » Logged
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2021, 04:30:27 PM +0100 »

Rolland-Pilain not working here , am I only one?

Edit: Just tried Bugatti, it's totally hilarious.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 04:37:34 PM +0100 by KDiesel » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 07:04:48 AM +0100 »

I think the Rolland could be you Kimi - Someone has already been using it on-line.
Did you have all the cars (Plus the driver files included) installed when you tried it? If not then that is your problem as you need the drivers or it'll crash.
They are only included in the Sunbeam, Voisin and Bugatti as I remember things (You only actually need to install them from one of these cars).
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 01:51:23 PM +0100 »

I think the Rolland could be you Kimi - Someone has already been using it on-line.
Did you have all the cars (Plus the driver files included) installed when you tried it? If not then that is your problem as you need the drivers or it'll crash.
They are only included in the Sunbeam, Voisin and Bugatti as I remember things (You only actually need to install them from one of these cars).

I have those installed, I deleted everything and install all files again. no success... All other cars working fine tho.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 03:49:21 PM +0100 »

Odd - I'll check it on my media pc. Although as the Rolland is the most recent release there aren't any different versions that cause a conflict.
You didn't add the CSP bits from the extra folder did you? The server is using the non-CSP (I.e. standard version of the file) - if you use the CSP enabled files the car won't load.

I'll see what happens once I've tried loading it.....
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2021, 05:24:24 PM +0100 »

Appologies - It seems it was my mistake as I thought that all of the cars had a Vanilla AC friendly ACD file as standard.
The Rolland-Pillian doesn't which is why you would have been getting miss-matches online.

I've rebuilt the server files with the non-Content Manager file and now you should get on with the car fine.
This does mean there are some important additions to the installation instructions for that car if you do use Content manager...

If you intend to actually race in the Rolland on Wednesday you will need to do the following:

Go to *Your Steam Directory*\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\rolland_pilain_a22
Backup the data.acd file that is in there (I simply created a folder called rain FX and copied it into that).
COPY the data.acd file from the folder called 'vanilla data' into the cars\rolland_pilain_a22 folder and allow it to overwrite the existing file.

If you don't intend to race the car you might get away with not doing this - but you definitely WILL NOT be able to join the server while driving it unless you do do this Smiley
*edit* If you don't have or run content manager/CSP then you will have to perform the above actions or the game will crash to lobby as soon as it loads the Rolland. If you do run CM/CSP you should be fine without providing you aren't driving it.

Appologies all - you may now enjoy by far the slowest car in this mod Grin
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:37:12 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2021, 05:05:47 PM +0100 »

Too crazy this race ... Cheesy
 Although I uninstalled AC for a while now ... and I am now under Linux ... I will try to be there ... Wink

I hope to be able to join the server Roll Eyes
kaifos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2021, 10:55:41 AM +0100 »

I may not get into the race tonight! Angry
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2021, 01:52:48 PM +0100 »

As I feared, there is a small problem when entering the server !! Smiley

I can't shift gears !! Steering and accelerator work well, not the gear shift (even if I put in auto)

An idea  Huh

(of course everything works off and is configured correctly)
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2021, 03:16:00 PM +0100 »

I can't shift gears !! Steering and accelerator work well, not the gear shift (even if I put in auto)

An idea  Huh

That's not 1st time that happens, server restart will solve it.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2021, 05:28:08 PM +0100 »

An idea  Huh

I'm guessing you've fixed your issue as you're showing some times since your post?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com