The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 01:54:04 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17 Grobnik: August 25, 2021
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 - Grobnik - Aug 25  (Read 823 times)
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2021, 05:34:11 PM +0100 »

Still can't access to server, any chance to remove Rolland-Pilain A22 from server, I don't have a time or energy to solve this now?

EDIT: Cars loading fine now but I get checksum error. Reinstalled track but computer says NO! Too much technical BS which definitely courage new drivers to join... Wink
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 06:10:41 PM +0100 by KDiesel » Logged
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2021, 06:08:53 PM +0100 »

As I feared, there is a small problem when entering the server !! Smiley

I can't shift gears !! Steering and accelerator work well, not the gear shift (even if I put in auto)

An idea  Huh

(of course everything works off and is configured correctly)

That's not 1st time that happens, server restart will solve it.

it works thumbup1
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2021, 06:13:51 PM +0100 »

Still can't access to server, any chance to remove Rolland-Pilain A22 from server, I don't have a time or energy to solve this now?

EDIT: Cars loading fine now but I get checksum error. Reinstalled track but computer says NO! Too much technical BS which definitely courage new drivers to join... Wink

You just need to follow the instructions for the rolland pillion. That will take 1 or 2 minutes. Do you seriously think it's that easy for me to rebuild, upload, configure, and restart the server?
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2021, 06:15:11 PM +0100 »

If you install the Rolland, it doesn't work? I had to do it to be able to enter, it takes 2 minutes

All files installed and so on, maybe it's CM issue or sumthing 'cause I don't use it.
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2021, 06:16:04 PM +0100 »

Kimi, I think your problem with joining the server is the Rolland. I had the same problem yesterday.

To fix it is easy: go to the car folder in *Your Steam Directory*\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\rolland_pilain_a22 ... and copy "data.acd" file from the "vanilla data" folder in the main car folder, replacying the ones there.

Tim wrote these instructions more clearly probably, read the first post.

Hope you solve.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2021, 06:21:31 PM +0100 »

Kimi, I think your problem with joining the server is the Rolland. I had the same problem yesterday.

To fix it is easy: go to the car folder in *Your Steam Directory*\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\rolland_pilain_a22 ... and copy "data.acd" file from the "vanilla data" folder in the main car folder, replacying the ones there.

Tim wrote these instructions more clearly probably, read the first post.

Hope you solve.

Rolland works fine now, just tested it. It's something else...
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2021, 07:01:34 PM +0100 »

I'll give up, I tried every trick I know so far, anyway I got iRacing licence for 3 months just to test it how it works, see after that or sooner if something intresting shows up here....
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2021, 12:15:14 PM +0100 »

These are tricky but great fun to drive, would definitely be interested in a series for them.

I only tried the Delage, so stuck with it for the race. It started well with the lead for about 4 corners but then I made a series of mistakes, some my fault but also some caused by several momentary game freezes, never had those before in AC. These were OK on the straights but were very unwelcome in corners especially when correcting an oversteery moment & caused me to go off on more than one occasion. Sad

Anyway congrats to Syd on the win, shame only 5 turned up.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2021, 08:46:23 PM +0100 »

Yeah, I agree that was a great race - battling with these old lumps was incredible Grin

Sadly I can't see us ever having the interest to run them in the season, I've noticed here and elsewhere in AC that people will actively avoid slow cars with excellent racing to go drive something fast but with rubbish battles Sad

Results can be found below on S-tracker - I won't give Dave the headache of setting up all these cars for what is likely a one off..
http://stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=6191#
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 07:11:40 AM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2021, 10:31:13 PM +0100 »

Beautiful cars, which offer fun in both driving and battling.

Slow, but not that much!  Smiley

It would be nice to have other cars of the period, and perhaps some of the next decade.

PS: great race, Syd!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2021, 10:50:00 AM +0100 »

Are we coming out to play this week?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2021, 05:36:41 PM +0100 »

Sorry - I've had a busy one this weekend so haven't had time to put anything together.
Will sort something for next week and then look into starting the next season.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2021, 06:41:13 PM +0100 »

Are we coming out to play this week?
UKGTL are doing Porsche 917LH's @ Le Mans 1970  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com