The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 05:15:16 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Endurance Academy - Donington moderator's report published  (Read 3086 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2007, 05:09:52 PM +0000 »

Bit of a messy race I'm afraid. Undecided

https://www.simracing.org.uk/index.php?ind=lm2&event=286

To finish first, first you must have fins.
locutos ukgtr
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 08:10:18 PM +0000 »

Now for those of you that didn't notice, I was excluded from the race for corner cutting. I hope you all take note as I'm sure the moderators did this as an excellent example of someone pushing the rules to the limits and beyond and nothing to do with championship standings. I'm certain we will see more exclusions at Monza as there was more blatant corner cutting yet again, not me this time thankfully. After all the rules apply to all and cutting corners is cutting. Or are there different types of corner cutting, maybe if you didn't mean to cut a corner or you didn't do it to often, or no one noticed then its fair that you get away with it. Maybe rules only apply to some drivers while others can continue without worry.

I dont know, how am I supposed to know if I'm breaking a rule if its not always applied. Even more worrying, why was there no discussion by the mods on my cutting at donnington, after all I wasn't reported in an incident thread for it. And yet there is a thread 4 pages long being discussed by the mods on the corner cutting at monza, I find that very strange, surely the precedent has been set with my exclusion. Oh, and please don't take this the wrong way cuz I totally accept the exclusion, I broke the rules and paid the penalty. Would just be nice to see the field treated equally.

greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 08:13:26 PM +0000 »

Fully agree mate.
All those guilty of corner cutting please take one pace forward.  Wink

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
longskater1969

Lick My Eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 08:14:40 PM +0000 »

To true i have seen some drivers getting air on every lap on most races and i have never seen then get pulled up about it so i am not to sure as well

Lick My Swollen Eyes

28CD : http://www.28cd.co.uk
www.r-a-t-s.co.uk
DynoDaz
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 08:30:30 PM +0000 »

I broke the rules and paid the penalty.

Penalty?

You were excluded from a race you didn't finish.  Tongue

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 09:50:36 PM +0000 »

I dont know, how am I supposed to know if I'm breaking a rule if its not always applied. [...] Would just be nice to see the field treated equally.

On the first point, the rules are clear and were discussed at length when we introduced them. The fact that cutting has rarely been reported is unfortunate but having seen what was clear, repeated and blatant cutting whilst reviewing other incidents I could hardly turn a blind eye.

As for the equal treatment of drivers, you could apply that agrument to any infraction of the rules. We've chosen to, as a general principle, only review incidents which are reported as a necessarily pragmatic matter.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
silver53

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 11:48:27 PM +0000 »

I sometimes cut corners but am usually going backwards at the time Grin cheers gerald
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 10:33:13 AM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com