The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 03:12:24 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Mugello: August 29, 2021
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Mugello - Aug 29  (Read 485 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2021, 06:31:01 PM +0100 »

Fun Race

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (30 minutes)

Cars allowed:

Praga

Track: Mugello

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops:none

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2021, 07:43:35 PM +0100 »

Hope to get back in time from Brands Hatch, the roads today have been painful and sundays tend to be busier.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 01:24:39 PM +0100 »

No time to practice but hope to be there.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2021, 07:13:33 PM +0100 »

All simracing.org servers seems to be down...
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2021, 07:24:28 PM +0100 »

I've just been on it; seems to be working Ok.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2021, 07:54:31 PM +0100 »

just making some changes to the server, it will be up in a few mins
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2021, 08:02:54 PM +0100 »

sorry, but if the post says a certain time then it should be set up at that time.... twidlling my thumbs...

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2021, 08:04:00 PM +0100 »

race server should be working now
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2021, 04:27:39 PM +0100 »

sorry, but if the post says a certain time then it should be set up at that time.... twidlling my thumbs...

Yeah, basic things, those should work like a clock...
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2021, 07:28:55 PM +0100 »

After reacting to Geoffs jump start by getting my own i gave it another lap before coming in but guess I didnt slow down as much as Geoff as i came out with hime some way behind. Tried hard to close the gap ahead to SRW but in the end a few offs later, I was struggling to convince myself to stick it out to the end.

Amazing combo though, these cars, when you get it right are brilliant, but that knife edge does hurt!

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2021, 12:18:38 PM +0100 »

Yep, sorry about the jump start Mark, I was having an intermittent problem with my clutch pedal not registering full travel & was so concentrating on not creeping forward, I was not paying full attention to the lights & went before they turned green.

I sort of like these cars, but after the P1s in RRE last week they seem a little tame. Anyway after a good qually I rather spoilt my race with the jump start & also a couple of spins while trying to catch up.

Congrats to the podium.  clap clap clap
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2021, 02:33:03 PM +0100 »

Always like Mugello and I sort of like the Praga but agree that it could do with a bit more oooomph as it's not even up to LMP3 performance. Add to that the fact that it bites back hard when pushed and it gets old very quickly.

Had a nice race with Jari but got caught out with our different mid corner speeds. Thought I was close enough a couple of times to slipstream up the s/f straight but didn't seem to have much effect. Eventually I made one too many mistakes and lost patience and quit.

Rant time:
Been spending a lot of time offline racing GTEs, protos and modern DTM which makes a nice contrast with going sideways on Wednesday AC. There are some very high quality mods out there from RSS, URD, IER, VRC, all for beer money, any of which would make a great Sunday night series when paired with some of the great new track mods which are available free from RD. Road Atlanta, Mosport, Road America, Watkins Glen, Daytona, to name just a few from the US. There's even a free Daytona Prototype/LMPC mod from IER that would fit perfectly with these tracks, but instead we have Skodas at Snetterton next week  Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2021, 11:46:28 PM +0100 »

Always like Mugello and I sort of like the Praga but agree that it could do with a bit more oooomph as it's not even up to LMP3 performance. Add to that the fact that it bites back hard when pushed and it gets old very quickly.

Had a nice race with Jari but got caught out with our different mid corner speeds. Thought I was close enough a couple of times to slipstream up the s/f straight but didn't seem to have much effect. Eventually I made one too many mistakes and lost patience and quit.

Rant time:
Been spending a lot of time offline racing GTEs, protos and modern DTM which makes a nice contrast with going sideways on Wednesday AC. There are some very high quality mods out there from RSS, URD, IER, VRC, all for beer money, any of which would make a great Sunday night series when paired with some of the great new track mods which are available free from RD. Road Atlanta, Mosport, Road America, Watkins Glen, Daytona, to name just a few from the US. There's even a free Daytona Prototype/LMPC mod from IER that would fit perfectly with these tracks, but instead we have Skodas at Snetterton next week  Roll Eyes

I also enjoy the GTE's (been racing them on RF2 on Tuesdays over at SRO) and would like to do them on a Sunday night but people have been complaining about me running GT cars too often which is one of the reasons why we are running the Skoda's at the moment. I was thinking about running the Pragas next, but may float the idea of one of the above mods you mention.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2021, 03:49:03 PM +0100 »

Rant time:

I'd love to run a season using RSS's GT or GTN cars but know I'd be wasting my time as no-one would buy them and join in.
The trouble is these cars would really need about 20 cars and races of about 1.5 Hours to really work.

Conversely the VRC Chevrette is an absolute animal that would make for some interesting fights and could be used for shorter races - but again we wouldn't get enough people to fork out the 5 euro's or so needed to get it.

I think I paid about £2 for the Formula RSS V12, I bet we still couldn't even get a 10 car grid though Sad
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2021, 07:50:38 PM +0100 »

We do go round in circles on this.. there is no single solution....

Though how is paying for a mod any different to asking people to run specific dlc in AC or buying cars and tracks in Raceroom? There's many of those I've never touched again!

When there is only a few guys on similar pace the rest of us spend 90% of the time driving around on our own, so to me the car has to be fun, enjoyable to drive firstly not one that needs to be wrestled with! But that means different things to each of us.

Modern aero cars like LMP and formula cars end up being so stiff the limits are easy to overstep and never catch it. Yet the old cars end up having no grip or aero so that i'm struggling to just keep it on the track any way so are less fun.

So i can see why Kimi asked about collaborating with other leagues out there... but the thread became obsessed with GTL

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com