by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:24:23 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21TTTT Donington Park: October 13, 2021
October 13, 2021, 08:42:56 PM +0100 - Donington Park (GP) - UKGTL Season 21 The Top 12 Tracks
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Ford GT40 (#3) GTC-65 2 +0.378
85.690mph
1 49:24.578
84.256mph
28 1:44.976
84.980mph
Dunlop  
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Ford GT40 (#840) GTC-65 1 1:43.729
86.002mph
2 +0.313
84.248mph
28 1:44.957
84.996mph
Dunlop  
Daz9

Ford GT40 (#54) GTC-65 3 +0.456
85.625mph
3 +10.338
83.964mph
28 1:44.000
85.778mph
Dunlop  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford GT40 (#12) GTC-65 4 +0.547
85.551mph
4 +34.447
83.289mph
28 1:45.242
84.765mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford GT40 (#10) GTC-65 5 +2.243
84.182mph
5 +1:02.407
82.519mph
28 1:46.674
83.628mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford GT40 (#840) GTC-65 6 +2.788
83.751mph
6 +1:12.955
82.233mph
28 1:46.448
83.805mph
Dunlop  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ford GT40 (#95) GTC-65 7 +3.096
83.509mph
7 +1:41.321
81.472mph
28 1:46.834
83.502mph
Dunlop  
Christian Dauger
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ford GT40 (#840) GTC-65 8 +3.255
83.385mph
8 +1L
80.356mph
27 1:47.683
82.844mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford GT40 (#4) GTC-65 11 +6.023
81.282mph
9 +26.115
79.662mph
27 1:48.025
82.582mph
Dunlop  
philippe GIRARD
 Equipe BGB
Ford GT40 (#205265) GTC-65 12 +9.632
78.695mph
10 +3L 25 1:54.110
78.178mph
suspension
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford GT40 (#18) GTC-65 10 +5.980
81.314mph
11 +18L 10 1:48.681
82.083mph
unknown
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford GT40 (#201306) GTC-65 9 +4.362
82.531mph
12 +25L 3 1:50.009
81.092mph
unknown
Dunlop  
PaulV
 Blue Moose Racing
Ford GT40 (#3) GTC-65 13 +20.520
71.798mph
13 +26L 2 2:03.445
72.266mph
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:43.729
86.002mph
Hristo Itchov
Qualifying
Ford GT40October 13, 2021, 08:42:56 PM +0100
L21TTTT
GT Legends
GTC-65
1:44.000
85.778mph
Daz9
Race
Ford GT40October 13, 2021, 08:42:56 PM +0100
L21TTTT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 The Top 12 Tracks - Donington Park - Oct 13  (Read 1516 times)
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2021, 09:13:10 PM +0100 »

Was that the one we met at Geoff? Such a great weekend, best trip I ever did in the Mini.....

Sorry Kurt, I was replying to the above line from Daz's post, I had seen your photos of the Six Hours further down.

Roll Eyes  Cheesy  Wink

@ Clive: looks to me that you have a similar issue concerning your brake lights like Tony some weeks earlier.
Maybe that's the reason why you are one or two seconds slower than usual and still have some handling problems.
Even if you're accelerate, brake lights are on from time to time.
Watch replay or hot lap from one of the onboard options.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2021, 09:27:14 PM +0100 »

I quit in disgust with myself for repeated gearshift errors and a right foot which has suddenly put on several kilos in weight!! I think my car had enough too because it took itself into the pits off the final corner with a huge lump of oversteer.  Undecided

Thanks Kurt.
I think that my new Fanatec pedals are ultra sensitive and I am trying to find a way to reduce that.

I can even get a reaction if I rest my foot too heavily on the baseplate!!?? If I have my left foot over the brake pedal ( coz. I left foot brake ) and simply just brush against it, then it registers and the brakes are activated maybe 2-3%.

I also have the Fanatec upgrade on the pedals for the load, cell which means it feels more like a real life brake and I have to press very hard to get full brake effect. I need to find a way of increasing the dead zone on the beginning of the pedal movement, for GTL and GPL.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
PaulV

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2021, 09:27:53 PM +0100 »

Hi all,

I really was enjoying myself but I need to get my head around a few things...

First one was I think because I'm using the plug in I'm seeing more on screen than I'm used too, such as a timer appeared at the top of the screen counting down to zero. That was new!  I assumed it may be because I was at the back of the grid I wouldn't be able to see the flagman... oops 1st mistake, when the time hit zero. I hit the throttle, oops 2nd mistake. I stopped and then watched as it then went.. 3,2,1 about 3 seconds later. DOH!! .

I was then given a stop n go penalty, which I took I think 2 laps later. Drove in the pits. Stopped. Drove out, oops next problem. LOL.. another stop n go penalty for speeding in the pits.. like a good boy took the next lap into the pits and when I stopped in my pit box , up came the clipboard and then nothing. Just sitting there. But was fun while it lasted.

So nice to some people I know from GPL, and really enjoyed the physics etc of these cars. Awful understeer though, which having now read all of the posts realise it's probably a GT40 thing.

One other thing, if anyone is still reading this... A few of you have mentioned uploaded setups, are they available on the server or do I need to request them via a PM or anything.

One last thing,, not sure what happened but can't remember the last time I was ever in front of Clive.. im usually always at the back. I'm what I think they call the "lanterne rouge"

See you next time. Thanks for making me welcome to race with you. Cheers.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2021, 09:40:29 PM +0100 »

Hi all,

First one was I think because I'm using the plug in I'm seeing more on screen than I'm used too, such as a timer appeared at the top of the screen counting down to zero. That was new!  I assumed it may be because I was at the back of the grid I wouldn't be able to see the flagman... oops 1st mistake, when the time hit zero. I hit the throttle, oops 2nd mistake. I stopped and then watched as it then went.. 3,2,1 about 3 seconds later. DOH!! .

I was then given a stop n go penalty, which I took I think 2 laps later. Drove in the pits. Stopped. Drove out, oops next problem. LOL.. another stop n go penalty for speeding in the pits.. like a good boy took the next lap into the pits and when I stopped in my pit box , up came the clipboard and then nothing. Just sitting there. But was fun while it lasted.

So nice to some people I know from GPL, and really enjoyed the physics etc of these cars. Awful understeer though, which having now read all of the posts realise it's probably a GT40 thing.

One other thing, if anyone is still reading this... A few of you have mentioned uploaded setups, are they available on the server or do I need to request them via a PM or anything.

One last thing,, not sure what happened but can't remember the last time I was ever in front of Clive.. im usually always at the back. I'm what I think they call the "lanterne rouge"

I'll tackle all of the above tomorrow Paul, good to have you with us.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Daz9

Inexorable pest

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2021, 09:40:51 PM +0100 »

I quit in disgust with myself for repeated gearshift errors and a right foot which has suddenly put on several kilos in weight!! I think my car had enough too because it took itself into the pits off the final corner with a huge lump of oversteer.  Undecided

Thanks Kurt.
I think that my new Fanatec pedals are ultra sensitive and I am trying to find a way to reduce that.

I can even get a reaction if I rest my foot too heavily on the baseplate!!?? If I have my left foot over the brake pedal ( coz. I left foot brake ) and simply just brush against it, then it registers and the brakes are activated maybe 2-3%.

I also have the Fanatec upgrade on the pedals for the load, cell which means it feels more like a real life brake and I have to press very hard to get full brake effect. I need to find a way of increasing the dead zone on the beginning of the pedal movement, for GTL and GPL.

You can put a deadzone on them in game Clive, works really well. I used to have the same issue many moons ago with the brake registering too easily, deadzone of 5-10 sorted it....Which pedals do you have?
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2021, 09:42:47 PM +0100 »

you have the sensitivity of the brakes in the Fanatec software
or in the "control" parameters of GTL
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2021, 10:04:47 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2021, 10:19:00 PM +0100 »

A Gladiators battle! More to follow tomorrow. Smiley

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2021, 10:47:07 PM +0100 »

There's an online database with setups within the game, as an option. You can access it from one of the buttons when you're on the server. People can upload setups and others can download them from there.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2021, 10:16:41 AM +0100 »

You can access it from one of the buttons when you're on the server.
You can access it when offline too. Once clicked you will be logged on to the server. In your garage (setup) screen it is the middle button on the bottom right called Online Files when you hover over it.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2021, 10:23:04 AM +0100 »

IMPORTANT

Once again, can I remind all driver's to go online before Race Night to check for miss matches.

I do not appreciate having to provide assistance when I'm trying to have my fun on Race night's.

Rant over

WT

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2021, 11:18:02 AM +0100 »

Hi all,

Go to Options/Realism and tick Start Countdown. The full countdown only occurs in Online racing and you should go to the start grid as soon as possible. The 3,2,1 countdown is for all races but you will see it for offline races mainly.

Here are links to useful reading matter which should answer all questions.

Tips for your first online race in GTLhttps://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13639.msg245804#msg245804
Further tips for your first online race in GTLhttps://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=27452.msg533932#msg533932
Pit stops in GTLhttps://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11812.msg212761#msg212761
Cut warnings and how to perform a "Stop & Go"https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11928.msg214835#msg214835

If you require further advice please pm me.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2021, 03:28:16 PM +0100 »

Using Hristo's first setup (thanks for providing  thumbup1 ) with some slight changes which eventually
gave me over 1.5 seconds.
Funny race as long as it lasted - on my way to a new pb (sub 1:48) I wanted too much and went off to
the pits  Grin

Result

Cool
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 03:33:12 PM +0100 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2021, 04:11:21 PM +0100 »

This was a tough but exciting race all the way! I was struggling to improve on my lap time in Q until the very end of the session, though little did I know that both Dimitar and Daz were running on higher fuel loads and so my perceived advantage was nonexistent.

I made some last moment changes to the setup, but they turned out to be for the worst, as I soon found out. Lost a lot at the start after realizing this was going to be one of those races where the opponent's engine volume was too loud, particularly from Dimitar's car, so I couldn't really hear my own engine and tyres whenever we were close. Daz set a fantastic pace in the early laps, more than a second quicker than what I could do while trailing Dimitar at a few tenths gap. So quick was Daz in first, that I seriously thought he must be running on lower fuel and would maybe make a pitstop.

Apparently that wasn't the case though and if it wasn't for his off that dropped him to 3rd, there was little chance we would have challenged him for victory. Meanwhile I was doing my best to put pressure on Dimitar and to take advantage of any mistakes, but he was just too good under braking and so any time I was making on acceleration on some corners was not enough to make a proper attack, at least without taking unnecessary risks. The changes I made just before the start didn't allow me to accelerate as good out of some corners as I was able to before.

I thought I'll just look after my tyres a bit and wait for a better chance. Unfortunately made my own mistake at the chicane and dropped behind Daz, who was then very difficult to overtake as well. Eventually moved back to 2nd after he went wide and my battle with Dimitar resumed, but by then there were just a handful of laps remaining.

I had one opportunity after he messed up the last corner and we went side by side going into T1, but I couldn't go around the outside fast enough and the sound issue made it impossible to feel confident enough to push more. He had another moment on the very last lap, but I wasn't positioned well enough to take advantage, struggling with tyre wear myself.

A very well deserved victory, Dimitar, congrats! Well done to Daz for hanging onto 3rd after your issues early in the race, that pace you had on full fuel was incredible!

Grats to everyone else who made it to the end as well!

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2021, 04:30:27 PM +0100 »

Using Hristo's first setup (thanks for providing  thumbup1 ) with some slight changes which eventually
gave me over 1.5 seconds.
Funny race as long as it lasted - on my way to a new pb (sub 1:48) I wanted too much and went off to
the pits  Grin

Result

Cool
Thanks Kurt  thumbup1

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com