The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 04:40:40 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 17 - Lamborghini Huracan ST Cup  (Read 865 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2021, 05:19:29 PM +0100 »

As a break from the older cars and single seaters this series will use the Huracan ST.
It's a single make class that provides very similar close racing to the 911 GT3 Cups, but if anything I think the drive is more involving - and certainly the racing in our test race gave some incredible fights.

This will be an 8 round series Kicking off from Mugello, travelling Eastwards around the globe and ending up again in Imola for the final. The tracks in this series will tend more towards high speed courses that allow the Lambo to stretch it's legs a bit.

Races will be 40 minutes in length, there is no mandatory pit stop.

We will be returning to reported instances only for moderation, hopefully it'll be able to stay that way from now on.

While Custom skins are not going to be supported you can feel free to ask for a specific skin from the large collection of standard skins that ship with the game.

Skin requests are as follows:

« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 04:40:30 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 05:27:31 PM +0100 »

Round list and download links:

R1.
Mugello - Stock Kunos

R2.
Goria-Thun GP
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/goria-thun.42381/

R3.
Barcelona - Stock Kunos

R4.
Kyalami 2016
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kyalami-2016.29786/

R5.
Eastern Creek
http://www.mediafire.com/file/6m9mqemw45q85ie/Eastern+Creek+Raceway+2014+v3.5+a+R1cho+by+Rainmaker.7z

R6.
Road Atlanta 2020 version
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-atlanta-2021.44533/

R7.
Sachsenring
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sachsenring.41511/

R8.
Imola - Kunos Stock
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 03:01:32 PM +0100 »

Sounds fun. Was instantly surprised by how fun they were to drive, like a GT3 with more power.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 03:34:24 PM +0100 »

Nice track choices for these, in particular the new Road Atlanta is superb  Cool

Tried a few laps at Mugello on mediums and I'm having trouble with overheating of the rears. Will probably need a lot of traction control and rear wing to stop it sliding around which was one of the things that bothered me about the fun race. Never understood TC, do lower numbers or higher numbers apply more or less traction control as the tips in AC setup menu seem counter-intuitive to my small brain.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 05:29:39 PM +0100 »

Yeah - AC is backwards in this regard. Higher numbers are less interference aparently Roll Eyes
It's the correct way around in ACC though....

Given we are having 40 minute races I suspect that although Mediums should go the distance you can probably go as fast on Hards..

Don't quote me though, I haven't checked Grin

The intention is to start next week, but as a product hold at work and a poorly dog have stopped me getting that post up in time I can delay another week if that's preferred by people? Although I doubt it'll make a difference to the turn out.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 07:20:12 AM +0100 »

I do prefer a week extra rest... Wink

School is important, but race cars are importanter
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2021, 09:48:32 AM +0100 »

No problem here waiting an extra week. Maybe time for a fun race in something to test one of the new tracks in the series  Wink

Just wondering, are we going to have rolling starts as in the real life series? Personally I think it would be a good idea as these tyres are particularly bad until they're up to pressure/temp.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 01:32:19 PM +0100 »

Just wondering, are we going to have rolling starts as in the real life series? Personally I think it would be a good idea as these tyres are particularly bad until they're up to pressure/temp.

Rolling starts are something of a PITA in AC so I've compromised and will enable tire-warmers for the season  Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 07:26:19 PM +0100 »

Oh thank god, the tyres took forever to get up to pressure, the first lap was pretty scary.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 01:59:31 PM +0100 »

Damn, I was afraid since the first in-between seasons event that you were planning to make one from this car..  Roll Eyes Wink
I'll be back when the classics are back then.

Have fun guys !  Tongue

Also known as "Solmyr"
MaxVeloce
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 09:35:51 PM +0100 »

Count me in  Smiley
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2021, 07:25:17 AM +0000 »

Do you already have an idea of what will follow this series...?
Just trying to plan a hard to manage schedule with all the possible races... Wink
Sunday seems to be dedicated to moderns, will there be any old timers on Wednesday?
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 05:00:23 PM +0000 »

Hi Christian - Wednesday will indeed be returning to older cars after this.
I'm not quite sure what yet though, current favorites are the classic touring cars as per the fun race prior to this season and I'm also working through some ideas that will allow us to play with some propper 60's/70's GTs and prototypes.
Nothing is especially solid yet, you can expect at least 3 weeks of fun events before the next real season kicks off too, just to trial anything new and interesting for 'just in case' Smiley
Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 08:15:22 PM +0000 »

I'm not quite sure what yet though, current favorites are the classic touring cars as per the fun race prior to this season and I'm also working through some ideas that will allow us to play with some propper 60's/70's GTs and prototypes.
Nothing is especially solid yet, you can expect at least 3 weeks of fun events before the next real season kicks off too, just to trial anything new and interesting for 'just in case' Smiley

Prototypes 60/70, mmmmh Grin tt1
There is a pack of Australian A-groups (80's) that could be interesting and original... Wink
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2021, 02:27:17 PM +0000 »

Sounds good to me! Can I than just make a suggestion for any fun events in the making? We should run the Porsche 718 rs60 Spyder, preferably on VIR North loop or something similar. It is low horsepower, but it is a serious race car. This should give some proper battles I think.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com