The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 02:26:37 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • TPG driver swap test: February 11, 2007
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TPG Racing - rFactor Endurance test, Sunday February 11th  (Read 3335 times)
Haiku

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2007, 04:32:06 AM +0000 »

Hi,

My first post here in the rFactor forums.  If you rFactor peeps do not have a prior commitment on Sunday, February 11th, TPG Racing is conducting a 3 hour endurance race test at Silverstone using the PCC mod.  The goal is to test the new and improved driver hot swap functionality of rFactor, as we would like to add an rFactor endurance series to the TPG Racing lineup for Season 5 which will start in July, 2007.

You can read up on the test here:

http://forums.tpgleague.org/showthread.php?p=26480#post26480

TPG Racing website is here:

http://www.tpgracing.net
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:49:24 PM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

[This space for rent]
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 03:54:01 PM +0000 »

I need one more driver for my team, currently it's me and Lee Allen who is another league steward.

[This space for rent]
Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 02:26:02 AM +0000 »

Well, it was a great test and went very well.  Thank you to the UKGTR peeps who came out to help us.  The driver switching is very easy and smooth now.  Have to massage the number of AI cars on the track to strike a balance between having some cars to dodge and having so many that full course cautions become a problem but all in all, v1.250 is really fine.  Hopefully changeable weather will be added in the next update and then it will be a perfect game.

We are going to do another endurance test in two weeks.

[This space for rent]
drumbstick

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 10:03:22 AM +0000 »

Now there is proper driver change in RF endurance leagues seem to be appearing all over the place. It looks like most of WOSEC will be running in the rfactor.org series and I have seen a couple of others being advertised

Haiku

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 01:10:23 PM +0000 »

I think this is what alot of people having been waiting for.  I know there are some GTR2 super endurance leagues out there where a single driver has a go for 2-3 hours, but driver swapping is the real answer to that.  Inspite of the fact that rFactor does not have rain right now and the sim does not employ live track technology, I think that the driver swapping adds enough value that people will overlook the other limitations of rFactor (at least for now).

[This space for rent]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com