Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 10:26:13 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Corner cutting rules for the last two UKGTR Season 4 races  (Read 6514 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 03:46:33 PM +0000 »

It doesn't matter what I do, I can't win.

If I leave things alone I'm accused of the rules being a joke because they're not applied very often.

If I let the game decide I'm accused of allowing people to cheat.

If I compromiseand only apply a special rule at one corner I'm accused of making it too hard to remember.

I'm completely and utterly fed up with it. I hated having to introduce the rule in the first place. I was sickened when I saw a member of the moderating team blatantly cutting the chicane at Donington and felt compelled to act to apply the rules. Then along comes Monza in the very next round and despite making it clear that if such cutting was reported it would be acted upon, plenty of drivers chose to display such poor sportsmanship that we are going to have a number of exclusions and large time penalties for blatant cutting. Angry

To finish first, first you must have fins.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 04:56:45 PM +0000 »

...we are going to have a number of exclusions and large time penalties for blatant cutting. Angry

It's not a nice thing to happen but I have to say that I think that I think that's going to help the situation going forward enormously Undecided

Legends Racing simracing team
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 05:44:12 PM +0000 »

...we are going to have a number of exclusions and large time penalties for blatant cutting. Angry
It's not a nice thing to happen but I have to say that I think that I think that's going to help the situation going forward enormously Undecided

The problem is that it's simply not a sustainable position going forward. We've expended a huge amount of energy on just 3 events and even with a few helpers it's just not an approach which is viable.

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 06:56:46 PM +0000 »

Once the penalties are handed out I'm sure that'll deter further occurances (at least for a while) so the necessity for the moderators to spend a lot of time on a particular event will hopefully be removed.

Now that we're aware of the ramifications I'd hope that the drivers take more responsibilty for reporting incidents of cutting.

I guess we'll have to see what happens though...

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2007, 01:12:08 PM +0000 »

Have just done a few laps practice at Hock National. A racing driver tries to use every inch of the track yet I'm having to be a granny on the last corner and then remember it's ok to cut the first corner. Personally I find it detracts from being able to drive the car fast as I'm just trying to drive on the tarmac now instead of fast and using the whole of the race track and has taken away half the fun away. I don't see how the last corner is any different from most of the corners at Hock that nearly all have extra bits of tarmac on the outside of the curb. If I know that all the corners are one thing or another I can stop thinking about it and just drive it like before with at least two wheels on the curb.

I don't get why we're penalising the last turn and not the first one. It's not corner cutting, it's using the extra width, they are 2 different things. One is straight lining and the other is using the whole of the track. Driving quick is partly about getting a good run out of corners. As far as I see it we're penalising using the whole the track by penalising the last turn and then saying you can cheat on turn 1 because the game is quite generous. The original rules perfectly well covered the potential cutting at T1 and nothing else needs penalising.

Thinking about giving this race a miss as it's not much fun driving 2 sets of rules for 2 consecutive corners.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2007, 01:33:19 PM +0000 »

Something that hadn't been highlighted to me before I set the rule was that to successfully cut T1 you have to head for the pit exit road. If you miss you get a cut warning, if you don't it lets you go through. A truly stupid implementation and something I only established the details of today. Sad

It's too late to change the rules again the morning of a race. You only have yourselves to blame! no

Pedro[PL]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2007, 11:25:03 AM +0000 »

Of course. Who else could we blame Dave Smiley

Just can't wait to buy a wheel! Then I will show you all! Cheesy
RS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 08:12:28 PM +0000 »

Who are all these people complaining about track cutting?? I have seen but a few I think the rules are fine, cutting is only faster if you are good at it, most turns it can ruin your lap if you do not get it right, changing the rules wont make any difference, the faster people will be slower and the slower people will be slower.... do what you gotta do to win, it's what happens in real life, they will use every inch if they can get away with it........ Good luck policing this one Wink

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 10:21:05 PM +0000 »

Well, stupidly as I realised earlier today, the rumble strip between the final two turns at Hockenhiem has a dotted white line on the inside of the curbs and a solid one on the outside. This has led some people to believe that the bit in the first post about the curbs not being part of the track does not apply there.

Well, it does.

If anyone had doubts they should have raised them here, not simply assumed that my first post was wrong.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 02:15:41 PM +0000 »

The Hockenheim rules have been updated for the Endurance Academy and GT Sprint events to clarify issues surrounding both T1 and the road between the final two corners next to the drag strip.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 08:33:53 AM +0000 »

There are no track-specific rules for Barcelona GP.

As far as we know there are no corners at Barcelona where you can make up time by cutting the track significantly.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com