The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 09:10:37 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Barcelona: October 10, 2021
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Barcelona - Oct 10  (Read 462 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2021, 12:56:17 PM +0100 »

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45  40mins

Cars allowed: The ORECA from the pack below
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ier-car-pack-1-uscc-mod.7348/

Track:Barcelona GP (MOTO version)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops: mandatory stop for either Tyres, fuel or both
Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 08:06:38 PM +0100 by SRW » Logged
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 02:14:12 PM +0100 »

The car mod includes 3 cars: A LHD & RHD Corvette DP and a FLM/ PC car.  Are we running the DP cars? Might be worth being explicit in what is to be run?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 03:01:09 PM +0100 »

Well the Oreca is more suited to Barcelona than the DP cars.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 12:58:00 PM +0100 »

The car mod includes 3 cars: A LHD & RHD Corvette DP and a FLM/ PC car.  Are we running the DP cars? Might be worth being explicit in what is to be run?

The plan was to run all of the cars, i was under the impression they are from the same class. If people like them i may run a series for them, if they are not compatible we could run a series for just one of them.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 01:11:53 PM +0100 »

The cars are from the same series but the DP Corvettes ran in the same class as BOP'd LMP2 cars. The Oreca included in this mod is an LMPC car and competed in its own class....it was a good few seconds/lap slower than the DP/LMP2 cars.

The Oreca is a great drive, a bit challenging but very immersive and satisfying if you can get it right. The DPs are brutes and imo aren't really at home on tracks like Barcelona having raced only in the US on typically BIG tracks.

If drivers like them, maybe a separate LMPC series and a DP series.

Personally I think the Oreca would be better for Barcelona and if so, can we have the moto layout please without the namby pamby sector 3 of the modern GP circuit  Smiley

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 01:39:30 PM +0100 »

DP's and LMPC's were never the same class.

Personally running cars on tracks you don't see them on in real life is what we CAN do in sim-land and what interests me more than just running them on the same boring tracks you always see them on.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 08:05:24 PM +0100 »

The cars are from the same series but the DP Corvettes ran in the same class as BOP'd LMP2 cars. The Oreca included in this mod is an LMPC car and competed in its own class....it was a good few seconds/lap slower than the DP/LMP2 cars.

The Oreca is a great drive, a bit challenging but very immersive and satisfying if you can get it right. The DPs are brutes and imo aren't really at home on tracks like Barcelona having raced only in the US on typically BIG tracks.

If drivers like them, maybe a separate LMPC series and a DP series.

Personally I think the Oreca would be better for Barcelona and if so, can we have the moto layout please without the namby pamby sector 3 of the modern GP circuit  Smiley

it seems the two types of cars are not compatible, so we will run the ORECA tomorrow night and run a test race for the DP's in a fortnights time
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 08:23:17 PM +0100 »

Practice server is up
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2021, 07:35:10 PM +0100 »

SRW, You do know we have run the DP cars before??

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=26812.0

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2021, 07:50:06 PM +0100 »

Theres no password listed above, and no link set up within LM2 as the frthcoming event doesnt link to the thread

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2021, 07:54:37 PM +0100 »

password is there now
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2021, 01:49:57 PM +0100 »

Only five of us turned out for this  Roll Eyes

Hadn't driven the Oreca much before this event but really enjoyed it. They're a little quicker and a bit more exciting than GT cars but not so quick that you can't race closely with each other. The default setup is very oversteery but I managed to get it more or less how I wanted it by lowering the rake angle, tightening the diff and adding a click of front ARB as well as setting tyre pressures. It was still very challenging but in a good way needing a lot of concentration to be consistent which caught me out quite a few times during the race.

Would be happy to race a series in these but I don't think having a mandatory pitstop adds anything to the racing. They're endurance cars and will comfortably do 45/50 minute stints. Would also suit a wide variety of tracks imo.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2021, 03:53:33 PM +0100 »

so are the mirrors on the Oreca fixed now Huh
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 04:01:31 PM +0100 »

Haven't noticed a mirror bug....I drive low FOV pancake view so use virtual mirror with helicorsa.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 04:47:43 PM +0100 »

hmm,  I'm on 48fov mega pancake these days, so maybe its ok.   Had to skip sunday though, wore myself out working outside...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com