The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 03:30:52 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17 HUR Kyalami: October 20, 2021
October 20, 2021, 05:14:45 PM +0100 - Kyalami (2015+) - UKAC Season 17 Huracan ST Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket

Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 1 1:42.988
---
1 43:05.321
---
25 1:42.634
---
Pirelli  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 3 +0.408
---
2 +23.257
---
25 1:43.487
---
Pirelli  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 2 +0.012
---
3 +24.113
---
25 1:42.788
---
Pirelli  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 6 +2.132
---
4 +59.005
---
25 1:44.341
---
Pirelli  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 4 +1.730
---
5 +1:00.029
---
25 1:44.634
---
Pirelli  
L4de

Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 7 +2.264
---
6 +1:04.348
---
25 1:44.209
---
Pirelli  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 8 +3.529
---
7 +1L
---
24 1:45.131
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 9 +4.121
---
8 +16.185
---
24 1:46.827
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 5 +1.794
---
9 +13L
---
12 1:44.204
---
Pirelli  
KDiesel

Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 10 +4.555
---
10 +15L
---
10 1:46.734
---
Pirelli  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:42.988
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Lamborghini Huracan STOctober 20, 2021, 05:14:45 PM +0100
A17 HUR
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:42.634
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
Lamborghini Huracan STOctober 20, 2021, 05:14:45 PM +0100
A17 HUR
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 Huracan ST Cup - Kyalami - Oct 20  (Read 610 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2021, 04:42:33 PM +0100 »

Round 4 of the Lamboghini Huracan Super Tropheo!

Round 4 finds us baking in the heat of South Africa at the fabulous Kyalami circuit - another fantastic layout for these beasties to stretch their legs on.

There are no mandatory pitstops so your strategy is entirely up to you.
Tire warmers will be enabled so that we don't have to go through the pain of a warm-up lap and rolling start.

Password: see above

Timings:
Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qualifying: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (40 minutes +1 lap)

Cars allowed:
Lamborghini Huracan ST

Track:
Kyalami 2016
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kyalami-2016.29786/

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 15:30
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops : none

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=0.007%
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

Damage: 70%
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 03:55:03 PM +0100 »

Shame, Kyalami is always a favorite in ACC, but i don't think i'll make it back in time from a few days in London.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
MaxVeloce
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 03:56:42 PM +0100 »

no practice times yet, stracker is still stuck on last weeks combo...
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 10:51:06 AM +0100 »

It is holiday this week here and I am off with my kids this afternoon and maybe not back in time for the race start. I will set everyting up, but there is a chance I will miss the start.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 01:27:22 PM +0100 »

Well I'll be there  Smiley

I hardly ever practice on our server, I just make sure to replicate settings for offline practice.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 12:43:47 PM +0100 »

Well I made that unintentionally hard, daydreamed right past the countdown and got teleported to the pits for a 15s hold  Hit with a wet fish

Was kinda fun coming back through the pack but there was never any chance to catch Tim.   I had 1 huge unintentional send on I think Spanner(green car!) into T13, you braked a bit earlier than I anticipated and I had to throw out the anchor and swerve to miss you at the same time and ended up coming past you rather sideways LOL, but contact avoided so I'll take that - apologies if I scared you  Tongue

Lorenzos tyres obviously died in the 2nd half of the race and I was catching him at a huge pace in the last laps, but needed 1 lap more to pass him...

oh well, maybe I can do better next time  Sad
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 01:30:10 PM +0100 »

Tough race again. A bit of a rush to get on the grid here too and for a moment thought I had some kind of connection issue because I saw no-one in front of me. Managed to get away more by luck than judgement and held my place down to T1......and then for most of the race.

I could see a bit of a jam building up behind me so knew I was holding others up but I seemed to be quick enough in the places that mattered. I held on until Max worked his way through the field and decided it was pointless trying to keep him behind.

By then Mark had fallen back and Syd was getting ever closer. Thought I had enough to hang on but was distracted by my fuel situation, missed a gear and ran slightly wide which let Syd through for 4th on the final lap.

Nice circuit this but I'll have had enough of the Lambo by the end of the series.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 03:32:33 PM +0100 »

That was a hard fought 4th place.
I think I jumped the start fractionally, then stumped on the brakes to come to a full stop. Probably caught out the car behind me (cars were really close to each other on the grid). So I essentially had a bad start, but didn't get a penalty. I lost a place to Kimi, but got it back half way through the lap.
A 4 car battle formed after that, and it was a few laps before I realized we were fighting for 3rd. That meant one of the top 3 had a problem, and soon I saw Max on the time sheet, catching us quickly. I thought, with the speed difference and less than half the race gone, it was pointless to fight him. So the moment he got alongside, I braked slightly early, which was enough to let him by with minimum lost time.
At this point I was some 3 seconds back from the main fight. But the two cars in front decided to fight Max, and it not only brought them back, but it seemed to me that they both made mistakes while doing so, and I got by both of them. Now I was behind Tudor. Mark caught back to us, but on the first time he was closer behind me going into T1 he decided to divebomb (there was no overlap between us) to the inside, and we had a small contact. I came off it better, losing very little time, while Mark spun. I feel it wasn't my fault as there was no overlap before the braking, there was even quite a bit of space between us, and while making the turn I stayed well off the left side of the track, left plenty of space.Mark possibly couldn't stop the car to take the corner tightly enough.
After that it was just Tudor and myself. I could see Jari occasionally, but he was 3-4 seconds behind, mostly doing the same lap times as us. Several times I kind of got a better exit at different places and could possibly get some overlap, but never insisted on trying to force past Tudor. Then on the last lap he went a little wide getting on the short straight after t3, and I got a really good run and got past him before the next corner to get the 4th place.
Congrats to the podium, way ahead the rest of us as usual.
Now Tim, where is that ballast when you need it Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 03:48:31 PM +0100 »

When ever i got clear air i was braking later than both of you, Syd and Tudor so was not divebomb! I didnt spin, i got the apex fine, knew you were alongside just was expecting some room and not for you to move over on me and hit me!

After spending half the race being held up and avoiding Goldtops unpredictable driving and Syd not leaving room to the side of him despite being alongside, i gave up.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 03:50:11 PM +0100 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 04:31:07 PM +0100 »

Well, when you start braking while well behind the car in front and you try to stick it to the inside, yeah, you're dive bombing. And in that situation any contact is on you. I certainly wasn't going to just move out of the way. There was plenty of space on the inside, just if you stayed on it, you would have stayed behind.
I think I saw you try the same move on Tudor earlier, with similarly bad result for you.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 06:09:17 PM +0100 »

Gents, Before this can turn into a proper argument please allow me to refresh your memories on what the rules are here at Srou with regards to passing (There are more but this seem to be the relevant part from the above comments).

The Srou rules are based upon, and somewhat simplified versions of real world MSA/FIA rules.
The important part to note is that the relative braking points are irrelevant to a certain degree as overlap is determined at the normal turn in point for the corner that is being contested.
While the majority of the burden for a safe pass is on the car doing the passing, the car being passed also has to be aware of what is occurring behind/beside and leave room where required.

I haven't seen any of the incidents being mentioned, but I'm sure you guys can take another look with our system in mind to work this one out Smiley

Factors:

Was the overtaking driver level before turn in?
    Was there room for 2 cars?
    Would the overtaking driver have made the corner?

With regards to the comment on cars being level, generally in real life a point on the forward-most car relative to the B-pillar position must be passed for the move to be considered 'on' - this is the point I personally try to drive to. B pillars are normally close to the midpoint of a car, so on a single seater as below we're talking roughly halfway alongside at turn in.
If a car is fully level before turn in then providing they were going to make the corner all is good and the outer-most car must leave room for the car on the inside.

A somewhat longer-winded version from the UKGPL drivers guide is copied below:

You can see here why overlap established after the turn-in point isn't really valid and therefore isn't honored in car racing rules. Its actually false overlap that's created by the turning movements of the cars. Its not due to one being faster than the other or one out-braking the other. In positions 1, 2, and 3, below, you can see that the Lotus has no overlap at all if you consider the straight ahead direction - shown by the blue lines. But if you take a perpendicular from the attitude of the cars, shown by the red lines, there is some overlap at position 2 and substantial overlap at position 3. This overlap is entirely false of course as the Lotus here hasn't actually out-braked or out-sped the Eagle by any amount what-so-ever - as I hope you can see form this diagram. Unfortunately many drivers think that if they do this they are some kind of out-braking genius, when in fact they are not out-preforming the other driver at all. Its a geometric illusion that has nothing to do with a driver's ability or performance. If they could really out-brake the other, they would have made some overlap before the turn-in point, not after it.

And no - I'm not ballasting myself as providing he remembers to join us on the grid in time, Max is more than capable of giving me grief Grin
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 07:22:27 PM +0100 »

Grin On a lighter note, having missed out last week due to issues with the game had my fingers crossed at the start. Wonderful, off we go, sole intention to finish and not get lapped.  Couple of the faster boys went off so I was well aware was going to be overtaken so tried to make it as painless as possible. Was pretty tired and loosing concentration on last lap and spun on last corner and was lapped! Oh well, liked the track can't say the same of car but will try to make up numbers again next week. Don't suppose I could have a couple of laps start. Grin Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com