Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:51:40 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR 2 - Wet FR: March 09, 2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: GTR 2 - Lotus Elise - Wet Fun Race - Valencia National - 9th March  (Read 6154 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 11:41:41 AM +0000 »

As a racing season here is supposed to be based on the official season of GT racing I can't see it being right to make more that a fair amount of the races wet.

Says who? GTR2 might be based on the real FIA GT but UKGTR has never claimed to be so. In Endurance we have for a long time set weather based on real world weather so the amount of rain reflects reality (ie. not much) - it's unfortunate that we didn't actually have any proper wet running in Seson 4. Using generated changeable weather should actually bring us up to a more realistic situation.

I do agree with ways of making the racing closer at times. Does the official GT series not use weight penalties for previous race winners and could we not implement something similar here?

It does, and we can't as a practical matter because the dedicated server doesn't support per-car weight penalties. That discussion was done and dusted before Season 4 started.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 12:57:15 PM +0000 »

Difficult combination the elise and rain.  I spent the whole race struggling to 'feel' the car, something I've not had a problem with in any other car.

That was tough. Didn't start terribly high up the grid and then had a lightning starting only to have take to the grass when Shark pulled across in front of me to avoid Zacari's slow starting plastic tub and I couldn't possibly brake in time.

I'm rather embarrased to admit I was drinking when the lights went green! Embarrassed  I totally forgot the possibility I might be the last onto the grid, so when I got there I assumed there was still 20-30 seconds to go.  Then suddenly I heard everyone's engines rev and disappear off into the distance! Cheesy  Won't be making that mistake again Grin

After that start I was almost last after qualifying 6th, after 10 laps or so I was back in 6th behind Darren and Paul R who were having a close battle for 4th.  Had a great battle there for 10-15 laps, managed to squeeze past Darren and chased down Paul, only to get a huge wiggle coming out of the chicane joining the nat. layout to the GP circuit, and I slid off (very slowly) into the gravel.  After that I was back in 6th, 10 seconds behind with not enough laps left to catch up.  Tried to get into some sort of rhythm after that and I managed to set my fastest lap of the race on the penultimate lap Smiley

Happy with 6th in the end on my first race at Valencia, the wet was fine but the elise felt very odd compared to other cars in the same conditions.

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2007, 02:50:49 PM +0000 »

Soz I missed this one peeps - I'm back home for the weekend  Grin

*Might* be able to make the Spa race depending on what time I get back tomorrow.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 02:52:18 PM +0000 »

I don't mind the rain, but wouldn't want to do it every race, it's nice to spice it up occasionally but I really didn't like the Elise in the rain. Would have been more fun in a real car. Smiley Most motor races are done in the dry so most of our racing I would like mostly in the dry.

As for the weather making the aliens make more mistakes and therefore give everyone else a chance. I disagree with that. The mistakes will happen to everyone over the course of a season and the fastest people will still win, that's the way it should be.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com