The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 04:59:00 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Nürburgring: November 07, 2021
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Nürburgring - Nov 7  (Read 777 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2021, 08:27:11 PM +0100 »

TEST RACE

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (40 minutes)

Cars allowed:

URD 2018 DTM (AC T5 2018)
you will need to buy this pack (€5) from the following website:

https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/product-page/ac-t5-2018

Track: Nurburgring GP
Lap times:

stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat?

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops: optional
Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
[/quote][/quote][/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 08:26:22 PM +0000 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2021, 08:30:43 PM +0100 »

This is a test race for the DTM cars we will be using for a series starting in January. I have not specified a mandatory pitstop as i dont know what the tyre deg is like yet.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 10:32:54 PM +0100 »

Great stuff  Smiley We need to spread the word about this.

Tyres and fuel are good for 40mins.

Never taken much interest in RL series (Don't have Eurosport) but it seems like race weekends consisted of a double header with a sprint (around 35/40 minutes) and a one hour race with a mandatory pitstop. I think all the tracks raced in 2018 season are available in AC  Wink

One thing to note, AC doesn't do DRS very well. DRS works but unlike real life you don't have to be within one second of the car in front of you to be able to activate it. Map a button on your wheel and just remember to press it every time you enter the DRS zones. Cool thing about these cars is that the rear wing is animated so pops down when activated and closes back up when you brake  Cool The DRS light also illuminates on the HUD when it's activated. I think there is an app at Race Dept that gives an audible beep when DRS is available to save you having to look for the signs at the side of the track.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2021, 07:10:20 AM +0000 »

Have you really think this through, I mean we hardly get 5 cars on grid (if we´re lucky) and now planning 2 series with payware mods? I hope RRE guys jump in but it's been really quiet so far. Mods can be top notch but it doesn't matter if grid is literally empty... Both series are doomed before they even start, mark my words fellas. Smiley
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2021, 08:55:01 AM +0000 »

I hope RRE guys jump in but it's been really quiet so far.

I think it is known that I much prefer RRE to AC. Now that Sunday races have moved to AC only, I have moved to new RRE pastures for my Sunday night racing fix, so the probability of me joining the grid is now pretty slim.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2021, 09:51:31 AM +0000 »

Have you really think this through, I mean we hardly get 5 cars on grid (if we´re lucky) and now planning 2 series with payware mods? I hope RRE guys jump in but it's been really quiet so far. Mods can be top notch but it doesn't matter if grid is literally empty... Both series are doomed before they even start, mark my words fellas. Smiley
we have tried using ingame GT cars which people are now bored of and many free mods (including some that you suggested) which didnt improve things. I have also tried running ACC in the past which had low turnout. Other leagues run ACC and AC GT cars with decent grids. I think other leagues are advertising better and have newer looking websites and use discord or whatever young people use these days. I have tried putting stuff on our facebook page (which gets some likes but doesnt seem to equate to any new people actually turning up to race). SROU has lost momentum and it is hard to get racers back on board.

Have you even tried the DTM mod?

what FREE AC GT cars would you suggest then (modern stuff not old historic barges)?
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2021, 11:56:36 AM +0000 »

I don't own DTM yet (or maybe ever) but I'm pretty sure it's great, but my point was that payware mods don't help getting bigger grids. Why we just put topic up and all can suggest what cars/mods we can try and which format endurance/sprints etc., I know it's hard to get racers back if u loose them, they found very fast other places to race if racing format or cars gets boring. Skoda cup started quite promising grids but after 2 rounds almost everyone disappeared, maybe because I won everytime or some other reasons.. Cheesy What is modern, I think that cars after 1975 drives quite well and are modern enuff or do we need active aero and all that stuff or what? Fun races can be a playground where we can test even crazy stuff not just GT's, which are indeed very boring in most cases.
MaxVeloce
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2021, 02:00:00 PM +0000 »

I know I will never buy some "guessed" GT/E/3/4 cars for AC,  not when ACC absolutely kills it for modern GTs...

The DPs and Orecas do interest me, the test races were just at an inconvenient time.

Not sure I want to drop money on some unknown cars just for a test race either - I know that's not helpful and I'm not wanting to be negative here either - I would be very happy if you can get a nice sunday series going with double figure grids  Smiley

Ever tried the Lotus 2 Eleven? (not GT4),  thats a fun little car, quick enough and would make for good racing
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2021, 06:16:07 PM +0000 »

We seem to be going around in circles on this.

In fairness to Stephen he's listened and acted on most of our suggestions and has tried many ideas to try to build up Sunday nights, even running ACC in the past which didn't get much support here although drivers seem happy to race it in other leagues.

The DPs seem to have been quite well received and hopefully the series will attract a few more drivers than we've had recently. We'll know soon enough if that is successful.

DTM 2018 is easily one of the best mods out there and because of the way the cars drive, it should give us some exciting and enjoyable racing....if we get enough drivers to commit to it.

KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2021, 04:51:52 PM +0000 »

what FREE AC GT cars would you suggest then (modern stuff not old historic barges)?

Well, we can try how these goes in 1 hour race, all cars power to weigth is around 2kg/hp

RUF, all models
Shelby Cobra 427
McLaren 570S + mp4-12c
Lotus 3-Eleven
Lambo Aventator + Gallardo + Huracan perfomante
Ferrari 458 Italia S3 + 488 GTB + 812 + F40 S3

Thats something for starters, 1 hour race is there because I think all must go pits for fuel & tyres in that way, beside shorter races are for kids only stuff. Wink
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 08:03:49 PM +0000 by KDiesel » Logged
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2021, 09:11:40 PM +0000 »

Well you've instantly switched me off..They are all road cars!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2021, 10:30:58 PM +0000 »

Well you've instantly switched me off..They are all road cars!

Correct, and bloody exciting ones! All cars got semislick or similar tires and lots of power to destroy 'em, Lotus goes better around corners than any GT3 and still goes like hell. Other cars goes even faster but eat tires more so that compensate nicely everything I hope. Actually all cars on that list goes much nicer everywhere and you don't feel like someone has chopped balls off your car like GT3/2 class. That variety of cars maybe wake up GTL guys join in also, least you don't fall to sleep when throwing these around corners but these are best on fast tracks, 300km/h is easy to reach almost anywhere. Just open u mind and go for a drive, if you don't love 'em, bus driver simulator was on sale via Steam.... Wink
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 10:59:03 PM +0000 by KDiesel » Logged
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2021, 12:42:52 PM +0000 »

Clearly.. as ever... its down to persona interpretation Which is why there will never be any magic car or group that will somehow entice people back. We all like/enjoy different things.

I've been doing this far too long, we have tried alot of different cars in AC, and low grip, high powered cars I just don't enjoy, because it will just random bite you with very little warning.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2021, 01:17:17 PM +0000 »

My personal preference is the same as spanner i dont really like the low grip road cars. Whatever cars i choose, a certain percentage of people will not like them.

We will move forward with a biweekly series for the DP's and some test races with different cars and tracks.

Then after christmas start a biweekly series using the URD DTM's. I know some people have moaned about using a paymod, but it is no different to buying DLC's (or add on cars in RRE) and there is no appetite here for racing the older GT3's, GT2's or switching to ACC to get the newer versions
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2021, 01:46:43 PM +0000 »

I dislike the road cars in AC. I reckon most of them were only there to meet licensing agreements with manufacturers so Kunos could bring us their race cars.

Out of the list above, the Lotus 3-Eleven is possibly the exception for me but even then I'll still feel like I'm on a track day rather than in a proper (virtual) race car.

As for this test race with the DTM cars, there will probably only be 2 or 3 of us (maybe a few more??) but at least we get to test if everything works. Maybe see how the DP series goes....if we can't get the numbers up with that I'll go and do something else on my Sunday evenings  Sad

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com