by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 05:52:25 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L21TTTT Spa: December 15, 2021
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 21 The Top 12 Tracks - Spa - Dec 15  (Read 701 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2021, 11:25:38 AM +0000 »

Championship standings HERE

TRACK #1

Grid/server capacity: 22

Track: 70's Spa-Francorchamps

Cars allowed: Ferrari 512 S Coda Lunga

PM WT for track/car download pack which is required for this event.

Practice: ~19:20 GMT (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 GMT (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 GMT (14 laps)

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit stops: Not Required

Server: simracing.org.uk Wednesday
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: None

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 10:32:08 AM +0000 »

Looks like it's donations time at SROUK again.

So instead of buying unnecessary gifts for a significant other, why not spend your money more wisely by offering us a festive donation.

Happy Christmas  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 01:12:28 PM +0000 »

I will splurge some cash when I fire up my other PC.....honestly I will  Roll Eyes

In the meantime does anyone have a setup for this dumb Ferrari double Lungo Expresso ( is that a coffee??) that does not destroy the front tyres within 1.5 laps??? The Race post says PIT STOPS not required!!! I am thinking someone is 'avin a larf!!  hang
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 01:14:08 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 02:01:11 PM +0000 »

Pit stops are not required for fuel.

You can pit as often as you want for anything else  Wink

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 02:40:54 PM +0000 »

Actually Clive my car is killing the rears  Huh Roll Eyes I am on the server. You can come if ya want.  Grin

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 08:50:11 PM +0000 »

Another restart Matt and Clive.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 08:50:32 PM +0000 »

That was short. thanks to the restart, and I am strongly opposed to restarts except when there is catastrophic network failure
I rolled on the grid and got a stop go. so left. If you cause a crash then you caused a crash. We don't do restart here historically
If people think they can get a restart they take less care.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 09:08:05 PM +0000 »

No words

I'll post tomorrow.

Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 09:16:17 PM +0000 »

No comment  Angry
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 10:27:34 PM +0000 »

That was short. thanks to the restart, and I am strongly opposed to restarts except when there is catastrophic network failure
I rolled on the grid and got a stop go. so left. If you cause a crash then you caused a crash. We don't do restart here historically
If people think they can get a restart they take less care.

We've had restarts like that before, so it's not like this is a first. I'm OK with either, but that's why a question is raised in chat and people agree to it or not. From what I saw, most were OK with the first two restarts.

As for the third one, apologies for the mess my off caused at Stavelot. My car was completely wrecked in that one, which was surprising, as I thought we were running less damage. In any case, I assumed I was out for good but then someone raised the question to restart again and those running parked it.

At the very least it should've been decided what we were going to do, instead of just leaving half the grid on the server waiting without a clue what was going to happen.

This is a very risky (but awesome) car and track combination, and with half or more of the grid barely done any practice (by the looks of it), it's better to have restarts until the thing gets going, no? Even with practice it's just so easy to go off.

Perhaps we can have the pole position driver lead the way without any overtaking, for a rolling start at the exit of Les Combes or something?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 10:03:01 AM +0000 »

As I have no free slots to reschedule this event it will be deleted.

The final results therefore are as the Championship table currently stands.

Very disappointing I know but there it is.

I agree with Matt Re: restarts. But If more than one driver calls for it I like to oblige.

I think that for 2022 I will rule that restarts will only be given for server/Internet issues.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2021, 12:03:12 PM +0000 »

Apologies for my contribution to the less than perfect starts, I really was trying my best not to screw things up.

In mitigation, the dreaded FF gremlin was at work and try as I might I just could not control the tendency of the car to skew sideways without over correcting  Undecided. Even if I suspect ( or even know) that the wheel is going to be super light, I have discovered that the ALT/F solution will not kick in until the car is rolling.

We have a similar issue in UKGPL with the 1971 Can Am cars where available horsepower overcomes any degree of horse sense and traction. After too many chaotic/traumatic starts from the grid, we now have rolling starts up to the exit of the bend that leads onto the first decent straight section. There are still fatalities but the total death toll is greatly reduced  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2021, 02:17:35 PM +0000 »

Apologies to Tony and all. Everything started with my big mistake at the beginning. I will know from now on that restarts are not the solution. See you next time guys.

Christian Dauger

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2021, 02:44:13 PM +0000 »

To all,
just calm down a bit at the start ! Would you rather do restarts and lose time (when allowed) or waste your race night ?
And also, Tony's races (GPL's too ) are in reduced damage !...
As in the races we simulate, you have to be reasonable and patient  Roll Eyes
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2021, 03:14:05 PM +0000 »

One other issue with this car in particular was that if you are running behind someone else, you have almost zero visibility, and with the speeds involved, the level of grip, the way the car handles, and the treacherous track edges and objects, one small imprecision easily led to a tragic outcome.

Still though, extremely enjoyable to drive this around the old Spa. I wish we ran more cars like this one so we get used to them. Rolling start sounds like a better option too, for combinations like these.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com