The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 01:09:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Silverstone: November 14, 2021
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Silverstone - Nov 14  (Read 624 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2021, 12:41:20 AM +0000 »

Practice server is up, any problems please post in this thread
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2021, 01:41:50 PM +0000 »

17 minutes, thats a joke,right?  Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2021, 05:12:22 PM +0000 »

was set to 2 x 17 which equates to roughly 40 mins with overrun and waiting time, was not sure how much enthusiasm the cars would generate. As there seems to be a bit of interest i will increase it to 2 x 20
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 06:36:10 PM +0000 »

Touring car racing is often only around 20min races

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 09:37:50 PM +0000 »

Grin these cars are very evenly matched and make for good racing, shame only six of us on grid, and the two twenty min races were better than I thought.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2021, 12:47:52 PM +0000 »

Nice to see a few more faces on the grid. RL got in the way so only got about 10 mins practice on default setup so used the first race to get up to speed and get some consistency. was a bit closer to the pace in the second race but tailed off towards the end as the front left tyre started to wear out.

very similar to the TCR's we raced a year or so ago, but with the advantage of a rear wheel drive car as well. I will probably use these for a series next year after we have done the URD DTM series
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2021, 12:59:18 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed racing these and would make a decent future series I think. Don't usually enjoy 2x race format but was ok, maybe mix up series with a couple of longer single races  Undecided

Noticed in testing the Toyota has tyre troubles, they seem to gain far too much heat/pressure compared with the other cars so it is probably bugged. Alfa seemed a little quicker hotlapping but don't know if that drops off during the race. The M1 just feels a bit strange. Might be a bit quicker than the fwd cars but only after a few laps as it seems to take longer for tyres to get up to optimum.

As for the races, I had my usual bad start in race 1 and got a drive through for jumping the start in the race 2. I may as well just skip quali and start from the back  Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com