The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 10:08:54 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17 HUR Imola: November 17, 2021
November 17, 2021, 06:21:15 PM +0000 - Imola (2007+) - UKAC Season 17 Huracan ST Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 1 1:45.140
---
1 42:19.384
---
24 1:44.765
---
Pirelli  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 2 +0.525
---
2 +9.391
---
24 1:44.757
---
Pirelli  
FullMetalGasket

Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 3 +0.809
---
3 +16.150
---
24 1:45.242
---
Pirelli  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 5 +2.859
---
4 +56.809
---
24 1:46.747
---
Pirelli  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 4 +2.526
---
5 +1:05.343
---
24 1:46.505
---
Pirelli  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 6 +3.120
---
6 +1:05.602
---
24 1:46.769
---
Pirelli  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 7 +1:18.477
---
24 1:46.633
---
Pirelli  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 7 +3.174
---
8 +1:20.195
---
24 1:47.431
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Lamborghini Huracan ST {unknown} 8 +4.915
---
9 +1L
---
23 1:49.347
---
Pirelli  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 Huracan ST Cup - Imola - Nov 17  (Read 466 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2021, 04:41:23 PM +0000 »

Round 8 of the Lamboghini Huracan Super Tropheo!

Last but certainly not least and we're back in Italy at the Fabulous Imola GP Circuit, possibly the best track we could finish on for these cars. Cool

There are no mandatory pitstops so your strategy is entirely up to you.
Tire warmers will be enabled so that we don't have to go through the pain of a warm-up lap and rolling start.

Password: see above

Timings:
Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qualifying: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (40 minutes +1 lap)

Cars allowed:
Lamborghini Huracan ST

Track: Imola
Stock Kunos Circuit

Live Timing: stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat

Time of Day Setting: 16:00
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops : none

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=0.007%
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

Damage: 70%

MaxVeloce
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 03:14:13 PM +0000 »

Well I'm gonna miss these cars,  they are quite a challenge with that heavy engine at the back trying to kill you at the slightest opportunity  Grin

For the last race I had already decided after a few laps practice on tuesday I was going to send it on mediums, because the track had no really long fast corners that overheat those rear tyres - I was sure it was on with some management.  I know Lorenzo tried it at Kyalami and suffered near the end but I feel Imola was a bit gentler on the rubber.

TBH I was surprised at the start of the race that neither Tim or Lorenzo had the same plan, so it made my life easier and the advantage was immediately clear as I just drove away and gapped them in the first couple of laps while the hards were still coming up to full temp/pressure.  Once Lorenzos hard tyres came in he started matching my times and then even closing a bit, so I had to up the pace to maintain/control the gap, all the while trying to keep super smooth. It worked, but the 2nd half of the race I could feel the tyres starting to go away a little.  Maintaining pace wasn't too hard but any real oversteer just made the rears have a meltdown and less grip afterwards.

For sure the Hard tyre had a race advantage in that you could push 100% all race, and I could see Lorenzo really trying (and was rewarded with fastest lap Smiley), but the pace advantage and extra heat in the fronts with medium compound really paid me back  Cool

Congrats to Tim on winning the championship, and to Lorenzo for always being there making it hard work, and to the rest of you for sticking with it and I hope having fun  thumbup1
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 03:47:31 PM +0000 »

Well I found these cars incredibly difficult to race and spent most of my time just trying to keep on track with my only hope of making places being if others made mistakes.

The thing that made it so difficult for me all series was the braking and the turn in. Just never felt consistent from one lap to the next so I'd end up braking earlier and more than necessary costing me so much time.

Anyway, well done and congrats to those who managed to tame the beast!

Looking forward to details about the next series with the protos, sounds lke it wil be fun.

A shout up for those who are around on Sundays, we're racing the superb DTM 2018 cars from URD this week and a new series starts the following week with the Daytona Prototypes around the big US tracks. Be good to see some more Wednesday drivers  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 06:22:40 PM +0000 »

I enjoyed this season, with the exception of Road Atlanta and Imola where I was just off the pace (No idea why as I love both locations) there was otherwise always a battle to be had - if not with other people then it was normally with the beast of a car Grin

Well done to Max on managing the Mediums to victory last night and Lorenzo for nearly stopping him, thanks to all to continued to attend till the last Smiley

I'm drafting the series announcement for the next season and hope to have it up by the weekend - If you know anyone who likes their 60's/70's Prototypes then be sure to point them at it once it's up!
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 09:17:51 AM +0000 »

Really enjoed the championship, had some very intense races. Not easy for me to adapt to the driving style with traction control, but finally i made it.

Congratulation to Tim for the win and Max for the second place, and to all those who have been able to tame the beast.

Looking forward to driving the prototypes!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com