Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 04:09:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free hardware  (Read 332 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2021, 01:10:27 PM +0000 »

Father Christmas might not yet be fully aware, but he had better be bringing me a Thrustmaster shifter!!!  I am getting to the point where the Logitech H shifter unit currently clamped to my rig is in danger of launching itself out of the nearest window and probably on fire  cursing cursing cursing cursing

After months of wrangling with the new pedals and wheel to achieve a comfortable feel and finally finding some of my old pace, I have lost count of the spins and offs that have been the result of duff gear changes.

This has been the story both in UKGPL and UKGTL and last night at UKGTL Teddy had his parachute on and was lowering his flying goggles as the verbal explosion was veering towards physical violence!!

To paraphrase,  I know a bad sportsman always blames his kit but..............................there comes a point where a badminton racket with broken strings just does not connect with the shuttlecock!!!

Also, I will have some freebies to pass on to anyone who wants to pay the postage. I will offer them on the GENERAL forum too.

1 off    3 pedal set of Logitech pedals complete with Bodnar adaptor cable for USB connection.
1 off    2 pedal set of Fanatec pedals ( Courtesy of Billy Nobrakes ).  Still in box
1 off    Logitech shifter ( taken)   Bodnar cable adapter for USB connection.

First come first served, PM me with your selection and address and I will despatch and advise you of courier charge.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 05:21:38 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 03:22:23 PM +0000 »

If this is a G25/27 H shifter then a quick but pretty long-term reliable fix is to simply remove the leather Gaiter from the stick.
I did that about 3 years before I retired my G25 and the H-shifter remained reliable throughout (admittedly I had a spare courtesy of someone here - maybe Billy, I'd have to check back through my PM's to remember Embarrassed )
The only thing this didn't fix for long was the sequential mode.

If you want a nice shifter that is somewhat cheaper than Thrustmaster/Fanatec then consider the SHH ones. I got a 7 speed unit at the beginning of the year, It takes a while to adjust too (VR related rather than the stick itself) due to the throw but has taken a LOT of abuse from me in both H pattern and sequential modes...
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 10:01:22 PM +0000 »

Hi Tim,
I have been ( ab ) using the G25 shifter in H mode and have come to like the realism of shifting through the box, but I think that some of the internals are showing their age? It still functions perfectly well in Sequential mode, but it does not feel as "real" when racing historic cars  Wink.
The new Thrustmaster wheel has taken a while to get the feel right and the pedals with brake load cell completely overloaded the neural connections for a while  blink. Slowly I am getting some pace back and most of my mistakes now are bad shifts 5th-2nd instead of 4th, or  4th to 1st which is a real engine killer lol.
I have put my Thrustmaster Shifter on my Xmas list and passed it to the relevant authority....................... Roll Eyes whistling

Rank   Only when I sweat
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2021, 10:09:25 PM +0000 »

T-LCM pedals?
I got some of those when I had to replace the G25, couldn't get my head around them at all until I realised they had come from the factory miss-calibrated.
After spending 5 minutes in the calibration software I was laughing as they are so nice.

I also went Thrustmaster on the wheel and got a nice TS-XW racer base with the Sparco rally wheel on it. Load cell brakes may be a 'nice' improvement over 15 year old Logitech springs, but the new wheel is night and day! Shocked

Just wish it had cost less....

If your G25 shifter is definitely still going in Sequential and you don't want it, I can take it off your hands - as my G25 will be getting some maintenance so I can still use it on the trusty old PS2 up in the attic.
Oddly I have both of my gearsticks working ok in H mode, but neither can run in sequential  Roll Eyes
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 01:05:59 PM +0000 »

After digging through my "spares" box I discover that I have 2 complete G25/27 shifter units.

So I can send one to Dave ( who asked first) and there is another for Tim. I am just waiting for delivery of the new Thrustmaster Shifter and I can release my Logitech versions.
I will investigate the shipping cost for Dave's but IIRC Tim is almost local to me so I can arrange a meet/drop off at any time to suit, being retired has its advantages  Wink.

That leaves these items available to anyone who wants them,

Bodnar cable for G25 gearshift converts the shifter to USB connection
Bodnar cable for G25 pedal set, converts the pedals to USB connection
Logitech G25 3 pedal set complete
Fanatec 2 pedal set complete

Happy to send to anyone who will pay the shipping costs.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com