The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 07:41:28 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Brno: November 21, 2021
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Brno - Nov 21  (Read 396 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2021, 01:11:21 PM +0000 »

Test Race

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (40 minutes)

Cars allowed:

URD 2018 DTM (AC T5 2018)
you will need to buy this pack (€5) from the following website:

https://www.unitedracingdesign.net/product-page/ac-t5-2018

Track: Brno

https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/brno-circuit.html

PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE SWITCHED TO THIS VERSION OF THE TRACK FOR TONIGHTS RACE
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/brno.2584/

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops:optional

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
 [/quote]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 05:57:49 PM +0000 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 01:20:23 PM +0000 »

The last test race before the DP series starts!

We will be trying out a new version of Brno.

And another chance to try out the URD DTM's. Only €5 (less than most DLC's), and reading up on the company URD, it seems they were involved in official AC content as well.

Please note that as nobody round here wants to use the existing AC GT3's or GT2's we will be using these cars for more than one series so you will get your moneys worth out of them!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 12:31:18 AM +0000 »

practice server is up
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 02:04:12 PM +0000 »

Love Brno but this version is a bit naff. There is an update for this track at GT Planet called brno-reworked which fixes a lot of the issues with the track and visually looks better.

Even so, there are no DRS zones, or rather it has one BIG DRS zone which makes it unsuitable for these DTM cars. I'll sit this one out.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 04:59:32 PM +0000 »

Love Brno but this version is a bit naff. There is an update for this track at GT Planet called brno-reworked which fixes a lot of the issues with the track and visually looks better.

Even so, there are no DRS zones, or rather it has one BIG DRS zone which makes it unsuitable for these DTM cars. I'll sit this one out.
Thanks for the feedback GT. I don't like changing race details at the last minute but as it is a test race there is no point in testing the track if we have already deemed it unsuitable for use in league races. I will try the version you have suggested. If all is OK I will update the race thread
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 05:59:46 PM +0000 »

i found the version you were talking about GT, but my virus checker wouldnt let me download it, so i chose the other one they mentioned from RD. Server is loaded with it, see top of thread.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 06:05:20 PM +0000 »

So running these cars require proper set up of DRS zones around the track.

We've run Brno before.... didnt think it was that bad a version???

I think we need some track mamangement of what we have used in the past.... actually the AC.club page also links to a 1.1 version at the bottom!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 06:09:20 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2021, 06:05:47 PM +0000 »

It's not that these versions of Brno are unsuitable for league racing, the reworked version might fine for cars without DRS. It's just that both versions are not suitable for racing cars with DRS because it can be activated in all parts of the track at any time.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2021, 06:13:52 PM +0000 »

So running these cars require proper set up of DRS zones around the track.

We've run Brno before.... didnt think it was that bad a version???

Not necessarily, but the tracks need to be built properly. Every track in AC has DRS but the zones have to be defined or the cars can use DRS all around the track. Some Kunos tracks don't have DRS but this is actually achieved by defining a tiny section of the track as a DRS zone which you don't notice when driving. We can still race DRS cars there, we just won't get DRS which isn't really any problem.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2021, 06:20:31 PM +0000 »

i found the version you were talking about GT, but my virus checker wouldnt let me download it, so i chose the other one they mentioned from RD. Server is loaded with it, see top of thread.

I believe the RD version is v 1.0 which is the same as the track you originally linked to, complete with holes in mesh and other issues like bright green trees and glaring tarmac.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2021, 08:17:46 PM +0000 »

I think that says morew about your PC setup as i certainly dont see any bright green trees, none that are that bright it annoys me.

There are black areas on the track where its supposed ot show areas where the track has been filled in and patched... but they certainly don't look shiny.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com