The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 27, 2024, 11:43:03 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: For this season would you rather:
Place a brick on the accelerator at Le Mans - 8 (66.7%)
Throw the car around a bit in Austria - 4 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 18 - Prototype Pot-luck!  (Read 1847 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2021, 03:45:27 PM +0000 »

Hmm - for long tracks like Spa I could raise the start value a bit. But on shorter circuits with the gain settings we have you'll be on near enough full grip in 10-15 laps.
The settings that we and most other leagues run are utterly unrealistic though, The closest thing to a 'fast' track I've ever been on from the start of a day was Coombe, a couple of weeks after they resurfaced. Prior to that a fresh day after rain would be more like 60 or 70% in AC land Grin

This is a historic endurance series though - You'll be looking after your car as much as you will be racing regardless of grip levels (both Porsches and the Fez need the gearbox looked after, the 908 also has no limiter Wink).
Approaching it like a sprint race or fighting for every inch from the get go will not give a good result.
SimMadPaul

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2021, 06:41:31 PM +0000 »

Can't see what time this races start. May have missed it. So in GMT terms what time does qualy start please?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2021, 07:49:26 PM +0000 »

Can't see what time this races start. May have missed it. So in GMT terms what time does qualy start please?
Try this https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=28341.msg551981#msg551981

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2021, 01:42:18 PM +0000 »

The Sebring version we currently use is one of my favourite tracks. The Reboot team has just released a new version which is simply on another level  wub

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mods-general-discussion.307899/post-13542682

Any chance of using this one from now on?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2021, 02:54:52 PM +0000 »

Given the Rules Dave has for us when running stuff do you know what the tracks source is?
If it's a rip from some other title then we can't run it here
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2021, 03:15:15 PM +0000 »

Not sure  Undecided I believe this new version has been in the making for a long time by the Reboot team as an update to their old version. The comments seem to suggest thanking the team for all their hard work so doubt they'd be doing that if it was just an evenings work by some rip artist.

Edit: It seems the Reboot version is a rip after all....from rF2 which is all the more reason to use it   Grin
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:54:26 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2022, 10:43:29 AM +0000 »

Just having a look at Hockenheim for next week's race, there is a choice of low, medium and high bumps (road mesh) for the surface.

I tried the default which I presume is medium and my eyeballs were rattling in their sockets  wacko don't think I can stand that for 90 minutes. The low mesh is better but still rougher than any other track we use, while I didn't even bother with the high mesh.

Maybe worth considering running the low mesh?

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2022, 03:40:31 PM +0000 »

Just having a look at Hockenheim for next week's race, there is a choice of low, medium and high bumps (road mesh) for the surface.

I tried the default which I presume is medium and my eyeballs were rattling in their sockets  wacko don't think I can stand that for 90 minutes. The low mesh is better but still rougher than any other track we use, while I didn't even bother with the high mesh.

Maybe worth considering running the low mesh?

While I can look at that - We have run this exact track with the 908's (Stiffest cars IMO) in the past with no complaints. One thing to try is simply softening and raising your suspension - I'm 90% certain that's what I did in the fun race.
Failing that use a GT40 Wink

It's nice to have an authentically bumpy track for a change, so I'd rather not wuss out and race 60's cars on a 2000+ spec surface if we can help it. Please have a got with softer car settings and see how it feels Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2022, 04:03:51 PM +0000 »

Or use the Real Head Motion app  to smooth out the visuals a bit (https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/real-head-motion-for-acc-is-here.63606/ use this ACC updated version, works in AC and ACC exactly the same).  I cant play on a big screen without it because that damn horizon bouncing up/down just gives me a headache.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com