The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 09:15:04 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Vallelunga: December 19, 2021
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Vallelunga - Dec 19  (Read 413 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2021, 09:15:26 PM +0000 »

Test Race

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (30 minutes)

Cars allowed:

Audi TT CUP

Track: Vallelunga International

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops:optional

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

Password: see above

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 09:19:05 PM +0000 »

I was having a try out of some of the cars in AC and found these and the 'VLN' version quite nice to drive. Thought id give them a go for Sunday night, will probably try out the 'VLN' version in the future as well. If there is enough interest i will increase the race duration to 40 minutes
MaxVeloce
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 09:31:42 PM +0000 »

Well after that little experience I would race these (or maybe the VLN with a bit more powah).  TBH I never bothered with the FWD cars before but those are quite decent and have their own challenge to drive  Smiley  

Definitely preferable to some "home made" DTM which dont even work correctly on half the tracks because the DRS is messed up...

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 09:04:30 AM +0000 »

I have to agree. Never tried this car before, but feels nice to race. Close combat is possible.
Had problems getting my Rift up and running, so that messed my qually up. Put in some setup changes before race start and not quite the best possible, it was ok for this fun race.

As most of you I had to take a drive through and luckely everyone took it first lap, that way we still had some good battles during the race. It has Power to Pass actually? Didn't map that on my wheel  Cheesy

School is important, but race cars are importanter
MaxVeloce
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 10:29:38 AM +0000 »

It has Power to Pass actually? Didn't map that on my wheel  Cheesy

Supposedly, but I didn't have it mapped either...

Had to go search Kunos forums for it just now,  and for future reference its the KERS button to activate it.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 01:23:45 PM +0000 »

i must admit i didnt realise it had push to pass. we will also be trying the 'VLN' version over the next few weeks (it has more power!).

With regards to next years race series, this car (or the VLN version) is high on my list. Unfortunately my original plan to use the URD DTM's seems to have gone down like a lead balloon. I will put up some options over the xmas/new year period.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 02:21:00 PM +0000 »

The VLN version has a 5 cylinder engine so is better full stop Wink

From my own testing in the past though I seem to remember the VLN car suffers from Excessive Grip Syndrome and may not actually be as good to race..
I doubt I'll be able to turn up and find out as I rarely race on weekends but will be interested to find out
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 07:43:42 PM +0000 »

I'll be honest, FWD at Vellelunga with those tight hairpins didnt sound fun, but glad i turned up. The car is pretty balanced for a FWD car and the tyres barely wear which always kills it for me.

I dont run AC much so the start lights always catch me out so i was waiting for Max to move first... oh well. So i pulled away and everyone seemed to stay on the grid and go slowly. So I thought i go roound at some speed and perform the drive-through so i dont loose to much to everyone. Then see everyone following me into the pits! I came out the pits and slowed a bit to actually make it a race and not disappear into the distance.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
MaxVeloce
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 08:51:26 PM +0000 »

I honestly don't know what to say.   I'm convinced the lights went all red then went out and I went,  but typically it doesn't even show those overlay lights in replay so no way to check  Angry  Sorry everyone got a DT from it though.

BTW, TC off to go fast (in case anyone didn't work that one out)...
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 09:25:52 PM +0000 »

Another mess here, didn't even checked starting lights tbh, just followed car on front....these stupid un-supported rolling starts should be banned if you ask me, who cares if it's realistic or not.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 09:29:03 PM +0000 »

Shame about the lack of enthusiasm for the DTMs, they are very well done and could provide some good, exciting racing with or without DRS (which is an AC problem/track modders problem and not a fault with the mod).

I've raced the TTs before and they are pretty good for fwd, although I didn't know they had push to pass  Roll Eyes. I'd probably show up for a series if that's what's decided.

Single spec series are ok but the racing can be a bit one dimensional. I like Tim's idea (borrowed from GPL and GTL  Wink) of mixing up a few cars and limiting the number of times you can drive each of them within a series.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com