The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 23, 2024, 08:28:48 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17DP Sebring: November 28, 2021
November 28, 2021, 11:07:22 PM +0000 - Sebring (GP) - UKAC Season 17 DP PROTOTYPES US TOUR
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Coyote Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 1 1:53.529
---
1 1:01:27.561
---
31 1:54.360
---
Continental  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 2 +0.322
---
2 +3.071
---
31 1:54.046
---
Continental  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 5 +2.377
---
3 +12.363
---
31 1:55.117
---
Continental  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 3 +1.767
---
4 +33.498
---
31 1:54.668
---
Continental  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 4 +1.985
---
5 +19L
---
12 1:55.573
---
Continental  
L4de

Coyote Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 6 +2.876
---
6 +22L
---
9 1:56.624
---
Continental  
KDiesel

Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype {unknown} 7 +30L
---
1 2:46.029
---
Continental  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:53.529
---
Max .
Qualifying
Coyote Corvette Daytona PrototypeNovember 28, 2021, 11:07:22 PM +0000
A17DP
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:54.046
---
goldtop
Race
Dallara Corvette Daytona PrototypeNovember 28, 2021, 11:07:22 PM +0000
A17DP
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 DP PROTOTYPES US TOUR - Sebring - Nov 28  (Read 790 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 11:25:14 AM +0000 »

I've driven these cars a lot offline over the past few months and made sure I had a decent setup for Sebring so that I was able to battle up front for a change.

Almost pipped Max in quali but messed up my exit onto the back straight on what would have been my quickest lap.

I made too many errors in the early laps and fell back behind Stefan while Max stretched his lead. Sebring is tricky. Cars can be hard to follow as you lose aero in the fast corners and there's no camber to help with grip. The slower corners are very tight so unless you're well up the inside before the corner it's hard to pass. Brake balance also seemed to change which caused a couple of scares and gave me flat spots for half of the first stint.

I pitted mid race but missed my pit box and had to reverse/re-enter and then slightly over filled. I was unsure about tyre strategy after testing but glad I opted to change them here after flat spotting and sliding around behind Stefan. Might be different at other circuits.

Stefan came out just in front of me after he pitted but made a slight error while his new tyres were getting up to temp and I was able to pass and pull away. Almost caught Max towards the end as I think he picked up some damage, but in all the excitement of the chase I made a couple of slight errors which probably cost me the chance of a win.

Looking forward to Road America  Smiley

Congrats to Max and well done to all  Cool

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2021, 11:25:46 AM +0000 »

well what can I say, I got a good start, started to pull a gap then GT disappeared from my mirrors, I guess from a small moment...  It was going well, gap was extending and then at about 1/3 distance I decided it would be a good plan to turn too tight in T1 and snag the inside wall hard. After that I had no front aero and quick turns became understeer city, and braking distances went up noticeably   Shocked

It wasn't awful but I could see on the relative Stefan had passed GT and the 15 second gap I had made up to that point was slowly coming down. I kept going right up till it was time to pit, by which time the gap was down to about 10secs, so I gambled, not having any idea how long repairs take in AC, and wanting the quickest stop possible I took fuel only (flat spotted tyres are extra spicy, right) and kept going.  A few laps later Stefan pitted and after that cleared up I was back to my 15s lead, but within a couple of laps it seemed GT was through, and after that he started hauling me in @ ~2secs a lap  and the gap was suddenly 10secs, then a couple of laps later it was 5 and change with 10 minutes left to go Shocked

It was clear he was going to catch / pass me before the end of the race if he could keep that pace and honestly I was struggling, 1m56s were "natural" pace with my broken car, so I had to dig extra deep the last few laps to minimise that damage and managed to nail a series of 1m55.x laps which were just enough that I got to the flag first.

It was tense though, 1 mistake and I know he would have been right on me and probably past,  so it made an interesting last 15 minutes of the race  Grin

Fun car though, so I'll be back at Road America to see what happens next   Cool
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 05:49:28 PM +0000 »

the results fairy has forgot to wave its magic wand for this event  Wink
MaxVeloce
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2021, 11:03:44 AM +0000 »

bump for the fairy, where are you twinkletoes?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2021, 02:46:27 PM +0000 »

Fairies must be especially busy at this time of year.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2021, 09:33:36 PM +0000 »

There are a couple of events over at simracing.gp that might be of interest for those looking to get some practice in.

90 minutes of GT40 vs 330 P4 at Mugello on Saturday....

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/Hxqj0gkVgUgU5cNgN_fht

60 minutes of Ginetta GT4s at Brands on Sunday (as I doubt there will be any racing here)....

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/nVX94mw1eIh3UHquaOLj_

I think you might have to be premium at Race Dept for the Ginettas but at least that keeps the nutters away.

wind it in GT  Wink, it is hard enough getting people to turn up on a Sunday without you advertising the opposition

trying to stay in the relevant thread, you want people to turn up on sundays maybe give the fairy a poke and actually get results posted  (the wednesday race results are often up the same or next day Huh),  and test the track / server before race time (looking at the road america race)...

Hopefully everyone has a good xmas and new year and things start ticking along nicely in 2022  Smiley
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2021, 11:35:24 AM +0000 »

There are a couple of events over at simracing.gp that might be of interest for those looking to get some practice in.

90 minutes of GT40 vs 330 P4 at Mugello on Saturday....

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/Hxqj0gkVgUgU5cNgN_fht

60 minutes of Ginetta GT4s at Brands on Sunday (as I doubt there will be any racing here)....

https://beta.simracing.gp/events/nVX94mw1eIh3UHquaOLj_

I think you might have to be premium at Race Dept for the Ginettas but at least that keeps the nutters away.

wind it in GT  Wink, it is hard enough getting people to turn up on a Sunday without you advertising the opposition

trying to stay in the relevant thread, you want people to turn up on sundays maybe give the fairy a poke and actually get results posted  (the wednesday race results are often up the same or next day Huh),  and test the track / server before race time (looking at the road america race)...

Hopefully everyone has a good xmas and new year and things start ticking along nicely in 2022  Smiley

I have had a lot on in RL recently, should be able to catch up on things over xmas. The results fairy has been poked again and the practice server is up (and tested Wink ) for tomorrow nights race. See the race thread for details.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com